Chapter 20 (Surprise)

Soulmates

  Myungsoo rubbed his hands together nervously. Sungjong was coming back from the hospital today and would make his way straight to school. Myungsoo stood a fair bit from the hospital, eyes never leaving the entrance. 
  He watched as his brother exited, looking towards where he was hiding and nodded. After him came Seonkyu and Sungjong. Myungsoo felt his breath hitch. 
  God, Sungjong looked so tired. The bags under his eyes were prominent, and the way his shoulders heaved made Myungsoo wonder how big of a sigh he had just let out. 
  And yet, he still looked beautiful. The way his fringe covered his eyes were beautiful, the way he walked was beautiful, everything about him was beautiful.
  Myungsoo stayed a fair distance away, just watching the three make their way to school. How much he wanted to just walk up to Sungjong and apologise for what he was doing to him, but he couldn't. 
  All he could hope for was that whatever plan Howon could come up with would be good enough to stop them from getting married. 
  Myungsoo smiled fondly when Sungjong startled because of a cat, bending down tentatively to pet it when it rubbed its body against Sungjong's leg. Seonkyu and Moonsoo laughed, taking out their phones to take pictures despite Sungjong's protests. He would have to ask Moonsoo for the picture later. 
  While this was happening, Myungsoo frowned when he saw him. A man, dressed in black, hiding just like he was. The man's eyes were trained on Sungjong, a mask covering the lower part of his face. 
  Myungsoo walked towards the oblivious man and put his hand on his shoulder. 
  "What are doing?" He asked lowly, and the guy turned around in surprise. 
  "Master Myungsoo?" He asked and the mentioned blinked. He stared at the guy's face, before it clicked. Standing in front of him was his father's secretary. 
  "What are you doing here?" Myugsoo asked, and the guy's eyes widened, looking around nervously. 
  "I was j-just passing by!" He said, trying to walk off. Myungsoo noticed this and scowled, grabbing onto the guy's hand and leading him into an alleyway, pushing him against the wall. He pushed his arm against the guy's throat, growling. 
  "What the did my father order you to do?" He asked. The secretary's eyes widened with fear, before he sighed and his body relaxed under Myungsoo's hold. 
  "He ordered me to... bring that guy to him." The guy said, and Myungsoo narrowed his eyes. Myungsoo released his pressure on the guy's neck, grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling so that both were close enough for their breaths to mix. 
  "And what for?" Myungsoo asked, and the guy pursed his lips, sqeaking when Myungsoo shook him. 
  "Okay, okay! He wanted to talk to him. Something about giving him money so that he could move elsewhere. He said that you were still too involved in him. And from this I take it that he was telling the truth." The guy said, smirking slightly. Myungsoo tsked, throwing the guy to the ground and looking down at him. 
  "If I see you again, I will make sure that your nose malfunctions for a long, long time. Is that clear?" Myungsoo threatened. The guy nodded his head frantically, getting off from the floor and running. Myungsoo stared after him, before looking down as his phone rang. 
  He scoffed, answering the call. 
  "Before you say anything, I need to talk to you."  

  "What right do you have to try to send Sungjong away? He just got a family that cares for him, for God's sake!" Myungsoo yelled, banging his fist on the table. His father barely glanced up from his papers, tapping away at his calculator. 
  "How do you know about that?" He asked, picking up his pen and writing something down. Myungsoo growled, snatching the pen away from him. 
  "That doesn't matter! What does, is how you dared to even do something like that to my Sungjong!" Myungsoo said, and his father sighed, linking his fingers and looking up at him. 
  "That's exactly the reason. You are still so attached to the boy and we can't have you being like this while you are going to be engaged to Howon." His father said, and Myungsoo clenched his fist. 
  "I've already distanced myself and have not talked to him since that night. God, what else do you want me to do?" He asked. His father looked up, a slight smirk appearing on his face. 
  "Get married with Howon as soon as possible. The earliest day recommended is this Saturday, two days from now." Myungsoo gaped at him, spluttering. 
  "W-what?! We were only to be engaged after college! And for s sake, I'm only 17!" Myungsoo yelled, and his father shrugged. 
  "Decide now so I can make the necessary arrangements. If you don't want to accept the offer, I will send somebody else for Sungjong." His father said. Myungsoo made a pained sound, clenching his hand into a fist. He punched the wall beside him in frustration and felt his skin scrape against concrete. His father didn't even flinch. 
  "Your answer?" His father asked in a smug tone. He knew he had won. Myungsoo side glanced him with tears in his eyes, looking away as he nodded his head, rushing out of the room. 
  Myungsoo, when a safe distance away, took out his phone and scrolled through his contacts. 
  "Hello?" Howon's voice came from the other line. 
  "Howon? Oh my god, we need that plan by today."

A/N: HAHAH HI!! From the next chapter is going to get real are you guys ready? I'm so excited for the next one I might post it tomorrow or something😂 But I want the suspense so maybe not😅 Let me know what you think of this!