Chapter 21 (Conspiracy)

Soulmates

  Myungsoo all but ran towards the meeting place that Howon decided on, keeping the speed despite the way his lungs ached. It didn't matter. It didn't matter if his legs ached and it didn't matter if his body felt like it was going to give out. It didn't matter if he was unable to convince his parents to call off the damn marriage. 
  When he reached the café, he all but slammed the door open, stopping short when he noticed that Howon was the only person there. It was then he remembered that the whole reason he was engaged to him was because his parents were rich like his.
  "So, what've you got?" Myungsoo asked, seating down opposite the older. Howon had told him over the phone that he had thought of something, and Myungsoo needed to know it. He needed to be with Sungjong. 
  Howon sighed, lacing his fingers. His brows were furrowed and after a long moment of silence, Myungsoo was starting to feel uncomfortable. 
  "Howon, do you have anything?" He asked, clearer this time. Howon looked up at him, before shaking his head apologetically. Myungsoo felt his the little bulb of hope he had kept lit up go off, slumping back into the seat. 
  He was so lost. He couldn't defy his parents because they could ask his uncle to kill Sungjong, and he didn't want to get married to Howon. He seemed like a nice guy and all but Sungjong was exactly his type (obviously). 
  "You need to tell him." Howon suddenly said, causing Myungsoo to look up sharply. Tell him?
  "What for? He doesn't need to know." Myungsoo murmured, looking down at the table sadly. Suddenly, a bang resounded along with a violent shake of the table. Myungsoo glanced up, eyes catching Howon's angry one. 
  "Yes, he needs to know! Look, I left Busan without telling my soulmate where I was going and God, do I regret it. This morning I received a call that he had killed himself, leaving a note to me about how he was sorry he wasn't good enough. Now, you better go tell your soulmate every damned thing that has happened because I'm sure you don't want to see him dead because of you." Howon hissed out, and Myungsoo could only stare back in shock. Howon's soulmate was dead. He had killed himself because Howon didn't tell him anything. With Sungjong's condition, the same thing could easily happen to him. 
  Myungsoo's breathing got heavier, and a strong feeling of anxiety was starting to well up in him. 
  "Oh god," he whispered, getting up abruptly and running a hand through his hair, "Oh my god I have to- I have to go-!"
  "I will drive you." Howon cut in, getting out of his chair himself. "I think it will be better for us both to explain." He said. Although Myungsoo wanted to disagree, he didn't. He checked the time, nodding his head. 
  "Okay. He should be home from school already. Let's go, you know where my house is, right? He lives there." Myungsoo said as they both walked out. Howon nodded his head, unlocking the doors. 
  "Yes, I will have you there in a jiffy."

  "But God, where should I even start?" Myungsoo asked, rubbing his hands together nervously. They were driving towards Myungsoo's estate and Myungsoo's mind was running with what he should tell Sungjong. How much he had to apologise for and how much he would hug him the last time. 
  "Just tell him the truth. Tell him you love him and then tell him that your parents are asses." Howon said, and despite himself, Myungsoo found himself laughing. Yes, his parents were asses. 
  The conversation they had made Myungsoo calm down a little. Yes, he would tell Sungjong he loved him. 

  It seemed much harder than he thought it would be. Standing outside the door, Myungsoo was rooted to the spot. He was so afraid. What if Sungjong wouldn't listen to him? What if Sungjong didn't believe him? What if Sungjong already hated him so much that-
  "Hey, you okay?" Howon asked, snapping Myungsoo out of his trance. He gulped, nodding once. He raised his hand, hesitant, pressing the doorbell and listening to the faint ringing from the other side. 
  At first, when no one answered, Myungsoo assumed that nobody had heard him. He was about to press the doorbell again when the door opened and he came face to face with Sungjong. 
  "Myungsoo? Howon?" He asked, though he said Howon's name with a slight tremor in his voice. Myungsoo ignored it though, and grabbed Sungjong's hands in his. 
  "God, Sungjong I've been so stupid. Please, you have to-" Before Myungsoo could finish, he felt a sharp jab to the back of his neck. He felt his body lose its energy, falling into Sungjong's arms. 
  "Myungsoo? Myungsoo!" Sungjong exclaimed, laying Myungsoo onto the floor and slapping his cheeks lightly. 
  Myungsoo's eyelids felt heavy, and he struggled to keep them open. He wondered who is was that had did this to him, before he remembered that the only person in Sungjong's house either than him and Sungjong was Howon. 
  Myungsoo felt panic race through him as Howon pulled Sungjong roughly away from him. Myungsoo wanted to scream. He wanted to get off the floor and yell at Howon to let Sungjong go. He wanted to kick Howon until the older couldn't breathe. He wanted to do so many things to Howon. 
  But his world went black.  

  Kim Hyungsoo stood outside his house, eyes following as Howon carried Myungsoo's soulmate over his shoulder like a sack of rice. 
  "I assume Myungsoo would not interfere?" He asked. Howon smirked, gesturing to the house beside the business man's, where he saw his son lying unconscious on the ground. Kim Hyungsoo nodded, turning to enter his room. 
  "You know what to do." He spoke. He heard a scoff. 
  "I will break him more than you ever thought possible."

A/N: So. You guys should totally comment about how much you hate me. Let me know what you guys think about the chapter, okay?:)