Chapter Thirteen (Confusion)

Soulmates

  Myungsoo never did come over for dinner, but Sungjong tried not to make a big deal about it, despite waiting excitedly for a knock on the door. Myungsoo must have forgotten, he wouldn't purposefully not come, right? The thought made Sungjong's heart ached a little, but he shook it off as he heard a ring of the doorbell. He watched as Seonkyu rushed to the door and smiled, slipping off his shoes as he turned to look towards the door. 

  His smile fell slightly, however, when he noticed that it was only Moonsoo standing out side the door. 
  "Moonsoo-Hyung! Eh? Where's Myungsoo-Hyung?" Seonkyu asked, peering behind Moonsoo's shoulder as if he would magically appear. Sungjong narrowed his eyes at the way Moonsoo laughed uncomfortably, wringing his hands together. 
  "He had some stuff to do at school!" Moonsoo said, before grabbing Seonkyu's hand, waving goodbye to Sungjong and rushing off. Sungjong blinked at how fast the exchange had went, before shaking his head and closing the door shut, making his way to school. 
  For some reason, he felt a little... Disappointed. Sure, it has only been a day since Myungsoo started courting him, but he had already been looking forward to today, if it would be as amazing as the day before. 
  He had even fallen asleep with a smile threatening to form on his lips as scenarios ran through his head. He sighed, looking around him boredly. At least he would be able to see Myungsoo in school. 
  Sungjong passed his brother and Moonsoo on his way to class, waving at them. Moonsoo waved back, but Seonkyu stared at him with sad eyes, leaving Sungjong confused as he entered his classroom, only to be shocked to see Sungyeol sitting where he normally sat. He was chatting with Myungsoo, Onew turned in his seat to listen in. 
  Sungjong walked timidly towards the trio, a bad feeling in his gut as all three fell silent. 
  "Um, Sungyeol-sshi? That's my place," Sungjong pointed out, hands gripping at his bag straps anxiously. He could see -feel- Myungsoo's intense gaze on him. It was so cold, so hard, so devoid of the love and care it had been so full of the day before. Onew and Sungyeol turned to look at Myungsoo, who sighed deeply. 
  "I told Sungyeol to switch seats. Figured it would be more entertaining with my best friend beside me. Right, Sungyeol?" Myungsoo asked, voice calm as he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. Sungyeol nodded, though rather awkwardly. 
  "B-but I thought that things were going well yes-" 
  "Don't you get it? I've decided that maybe I don't want you as a soulmate anymore. I've been playing with you, Sungjong-ah. Haven't you noticed?" 
  Sungjong's eyes widened, heart thumping loudly in his chest. What did this mean? Did he do something wrong to Myungsoo? Why was he- 
  And just like that, realisation washed over Sungjong as he stared deep into Myungsoo's eyes. Sungjong scoffed, kicking his new seat back as he dumped his bag into the floor, taking a seat. 
  Soulmates destroyed you. He should've known better. 
  But the thing was he did. He knew that Soulmates destroyed you. He understood the risks accepting Myungsoo's request to woo him may bring. But... He thought that Myungsoo was different. He thought that Myungsoo would make him feel loved. Make him forget everything that happened between his parents. 
  Apparently not. 
  Sungjong gripped his shirt, the area where his heart was as he bent his head down slightly, a tear escaping form his eye. 
  It hurt. It really, really did. 
-
  Myungsoo exhaled deeply, staring at Sungjong's head infront of him. He clenched his eyes shut, replaying the events that just happened. He couldn't believe he did that. He really couldn't believe that after all he told Sungjong, he was going to betray Sungjong's trust just like this! 
  He felt a nudge, and looked to Sungyeol who was holding out a note to him. He took it and opened it. 
  'Are you sure about this?' It read. Myungsoo stared at it, before crumpling the paper slightly between his hands as he looked out the window. 
-Flashback-
  "What is the matter?" Myungsoo asked as he sat at the table with his parents. His father sighed deeply, leaning forward. 
  "Moonsoo here has let slip a rather... Interesting detail. It seems you have found your soulmate?" His father asked. Myungsoo tensed a little, before relaxing and breaking out into a smile. 
  "Yes. I've been wanting to tell you guys but never really got the chance to. Oh mother, he's everything I've ever imagined! He's cute, he's beautiful, he's just so amazing and-"
  "Break it off." His mother's cold voice said, and Myungsoo felt as if he had been slapped in the face. He gaped at his mother, because what was happening? His mother, number one fan of him finding a soulmate, was telling him to break it off?
  "W-what?" Myungsoo asked, voice barely a whisper. 
  "It seems that both you and your brother's Soulmates are brothers. And you, of all people, should know how I feel about such... Family interlocks." His father droned, and Myungsoo went rigid. How could he forget? His two uncles were shunned by his father because of such a 'monstracity'. Such an unheard family line. 
  "B-but I've been looking for him my whole life! And you its supported me!" Myungsoo yelled, hands banging the table as he stood up. His parents merely eyed him, before scoffing. 
  "Supported you? We only did that because we never knew that you would actually find your god forbidden soulmate. For goodness sake, Myungsoo. You are the eldest child of the Kim family. We've been planning your wedding since you were born so you can take over the business. So now we are telling you, break it off with your soulmate before we do so." His mother said. Myungsoo stood motionless, looking down at the table. 
  "What about Moonsoo? Will he still be able to date Seonkyu?" He asked. He heard Moonsoo's breath hitch. 
  "Yes. Your younger brother is off the hook." His father replied. 
  "What if I refuse? What if I continue being together with Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked, body trembling as he clenched his fist. 
  "The answer is simple," his mother started. 
  "We kill him."
 
 
A/N: DONT KILL ME! Anyway, sorry for the long wait, was busy with exams ㅠㅠ hope you enjoyed the chapter and do let me know what you think!