Chapter 32 (Alright)

Soulmates

  The next day, Myungsoo and Moonsoo arrived early like the day before, overnight bags in hand. Seonkyu welcomed them in excitedly, while Sungjong shook his head at his younger brother, wiping his hands on a paper towel. 
  He still wasn't sure if it was alright to let the two stay over, but the tiny bubble of excitement that lingered made him disregard all thoughts about it. 
  Sungjong looked up, blinking when he saw Moonsoo leaning down to kiss Seonkyu. Something sparked in him and he grabbed a spatula, walking towards the both of them. 
  "Shoo!" Sungjong exclaimed, waving the spatula in front of Moonsoo, who backed up almost immediately, hands raised in the air. Seonkyu pouted, looking up at Sungjong. 
  "Hyung, what was that for?" He whined, hand reaching out to pull Moonsoo back towards him, only to stop when Sungjong waved the spatula in front of his face. 
  "You two will do no sort of kissing what so ever if I'm around, you got it? I will not have you defiling my innocent brother!" Sungjong said, directing his words to a scared Moonsoo. 
  "Hyung..." Seonkyu murmured, sulking. At this, Sungjong sighed. 
  "Fine, fine. As long as I don't see you two. And as long as it doesn't happen in your room!" Sungjong teased, looking at Seonkyu in a way that had him blushing. 
  Eager to get away from his suddenly overprotective brother, Seonkyu dragged Moonsoo into his room, leaving both their older brothers alone. 
  "You sure can get protective," Myungsoo noted, a slight chuckle escaping his lips. Sungjong shrugged, placing the spatula back where he took it and going back to washing the dishes. 
  "He's only thirteen! The way I see it, people should only kiss once they've passed the age of fifteen." Sungjong grumbled, wiping the plate clean.  
  "So that means that I'm free to kiss you?" Myungsoo asked, leaning on the counter beside Sungjong. Sungjong froze at this, blinking a couple of times as he processed the older's words. 
  "O-of course not! I m-meant to say over sixteen!" Sungjong quickly corrected, although he could tell that Myungsoo was not convinced, though the latter flashed him a small smile and nodded his head. 
  Sungjong huffed, turning around and placing both hands on his cheeks. 
  He was such a mess. 

  Once school was over, Sungjong slumped in his seat, tired. Classes had been exceptionally boring that day, and all Sungjong could think about was picking his younger brother up and going home. 
  Just as he got up, however, he felt a tug on his sleeve. Startled, he turned around, only to be faced with a flustered Myungsoo. Sungjong tilted his head, and the action only seemed to make Myungsoo even more anxious. 
  "H-how about we go somewhere first? B-before going back to your house." Myungsoo asked, internally cursing himself for stuttering. 
  Sungjong blinked, before he allowed a small smile to grace his lips. Myungsoo swore the twinkle in the younger's eyes made his heart stop. 
  "Alright."

  "You didn't!" Sungjong exclaimed, eyes shining as he was absorbed in Myungsoo's story. The latter shrugged nonchalantly, a grin spreading across his face. 
  "I did! He woke up screaming like a girl the next day." Myungsoo boasted, earning eye rolls from Sungjong as he shook his head. 
  "I can't believe you, what kind of brother puts a dead cockroach - much less five - in his brother's pants while he's sleeping?!" Sungjong asked, voice filled with amusement as he shook his head. 
  "Apparently I do," Myungsoo said, nodding solemnly. There was a moment of silence in which they both stared in each other. And then, hesitantly at first, Sungjong started laughing, a hand covering his mouth as his eyes crinkled.
  The first time hearing Sungjong laugh, Myungsoo felt nothing but blessed. 

  A huge problem was the sleeping arrangement. Now, as much as Sungjong would love to condemn Myungsoo to the hard sofa, the truth was he didn't have the heart to. Especially after the older had treated him to a great meal and filled him with giggles. 
  That's why he was awkwardly wringing his hands, a shocked Myungsoo blinking dumbly at his. 
  "H-huh?" Myungsoo let out, and Sungjong was so close to facepalming himself. 
  "I-I said that you can take the bed while I sleep on the floor!" Sungjong said, and Myungsoo frowned, instantly shaking his head at the idea. 
  "Then what do you suggest we do? We have to sleep soon because we still have school tomorrow and I'm not letting you sleep on the couch so-"
  "We can sleep together." Myungsoo cut him off, making Sungjong's eyes widen. They stared at each other, both almost not daring to breathe. 
  "No, that's a horrible ide-"
  "Because of your Haphephobia?" Myungsoo asked. Sungjong paused, nodding slowly. Myungsoo sighed, pulling Sungjong closer by the end of his sleeve. He tugged until Sungjong was sitting next to him on the bed, their thighs almost touching. 
  "I won't touch you. I promise." Myungsoo assured, voice barely above a whisper. 
  "T-that's not all though. We shouldn't be sleeping in the same bed-!"
  "And why not?" Myungsoo asked, and Sungjong was shocked when he found himself unable to answer. "We are Soulmates, so why?" 
  Sungjong took a deep, shaky breath.  
  "Alright."
  And that's how he found himself next to Myungsoo, the lull of sleep coming to him faster than it had in a long time. 
  Must've been a Soulmates thing, to sleep well beside each other. 

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I fell sick and then have been recovering. I still feel off because I have been having trouble sleeping lately but here's a chapter!