Chapter Six (Chicken)

Soulmates

  Sungjong was exhausted, and Seonkyu did not feel like leaving his brother alone even for a few minutes. They had eventually decided to order takeout, and after a much heated debate, settled on chicken. Two boxes because boy, was Sungjong starving after what he experienced. He tapped away on his new phone, trying his hardest to not die in flappy bird. Seonkyu was beside him, cheering him on.

 

  "Go Hyung, you are at 300!" Seonkyu said, inching closer and closer to Sungjong's phone. Sungjong bit the inside of his cheek and nudged Seonkyu away lightly.

  "Yah, if you come any closer I won't be able to see the screen!" Sungjong said, finger still tapping the screen. He was about to beat Seonkyu's self proclaimed high score of 400 when-

  "Damn it!" Sungjong said when the ringing of the doorbell caused him to be distracted, his bird hitting the green pole and dying at 399. Seonkyu laughed, hitting the sofa in hysterics. Sungjong rolled his eyes, shaking his head. Of course his brother would find his failure amusing. He had heard about sibling fights when- Sungjong shook his head, biting his lips. He would not let these thoughts come back now. They would serve him more harm then good. He got off the chair and headed towards the door, grabbing his wallet along the way. Opening the door, he nodded at the man.

  "Two boxes of chicken?" The man asked. Sungjong paid for the chicken and yelled for Seonkyu to help him because gosh, were these boxes big. He doubted they could finish it. As Seonkyu grabbed the boxes from his hands, he heard footsteps coming down the corridor, and turned to see Myungsoo and Moonsoo walking in their direction. He stared at Myungsoo, who looked deep in thought.

  "Hyung, what are you- Moonsoo-Hyung!" Seonkyu said, waving towards a now flustered Moonsoo. At the call of his brother's name, Myungsoo too looked towards them and locked eyes with Sungjong. Sungjong panicked because he had been caught staring, and quickly averted his eyes towards the ground. The two Kims walked until they were right in front of the Lees. 

  "What are you guys doing?" Moonsoo asked Seonkyu, and Sungjong noticed him wringing his hands behind his back nervously. Sungjong bit the inside of his cheek, finding the interaction adorable.

  "We just bought chicken. You know the really popular Kai's Chicken? Yeah, we bought two because my brother insisted he was beyond starved. But two looks like too much at the moment," Seonkyu sighed, sticking his tongue out at Sungjong before his face lit up.

  "Hey! How about you guys eat with us? We have enough for four!" Seonkyu asked excitedly. Sungjong's eyes widened, because what? Dinner with Myungsoo?

  "I'm not sure. Hyung, is that okay?" Moonsoo asked Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked at Sungjong uncertainly. Seonkyu shot him a pleading puppy-eyed look and Sungjong huffed, pushing his brother inside and walking in himself, leaving the door open behind him. The two Kims blinked.

  "Is that a yes?" Moonsoo asked. Myungsoo shrugged slowly, taking off his shoes.

  "Let's hope it is."

-

  Myungsoo sat himself beside Sungjong shyly, nodding at him. Sungjong nodded back, separating his chopsticks and picking up a piece of chicken. Myungsoo smiled at the acknowledgement and started eating. It might have been because of the relaxed atmosphere, but he just loved how the chicken tasted.

  "So Seonkyu, you told me you are thirteen?" He heard his brother ask Seonkyu. He looked up and saw that Seonkyu was nodding his head exciedly. Moonsoo hummed thoughtfully and placed his chin in his palm, staring at Seonkyu.

  "Does that mean that your parents will allow you to kiss?" Moonsoo asked, and Myungsoo's eyes widened at how blunt his brother was. He heard Sungjong choke beside him and watched as Seonkyu's cheeks redened. He swallowed the chicken in his mouth and wringed his hands nervously. 

  "W-well, I-I do't think-" Before Seonkyu could finish his sentence, Myungsoo slapped a hand over his mouth as Moonsoo moved abruptly from his place, lips only mere inches away from Seonkyu's. Myungsoo heard a squeak and something grab his arm. He noticed it was Sungjong, whose eyes were transfixed on their brothers. Myungsoo grinned a little and looked back to their brothers, who were staring intensely at one another. He watched as Moonsoo brought a hand up to Seonkyu's face and thumbed his lips, eyes transfixed. Seonkyu let out a skay breath, and that seemed to have snapped Moonsoo out of daze. Moonsoo brought the hand to play with the ends of Seonkyu's hair, smiling.

  "It's okay. I can wait." Moonsoo said, pulling back and continuing his eating. Seonkyu blushed deeply and stuffed his mouth with food. Myungsoo was about to do the same when he realised Sungjong's hand was still holding his.

  "Um, Sungjong?" he asked quietly. Sungjong's eyes widened and he quickly retracted his hand, mumbling an apology. Myungsoo smiled sadly at the apology, because there was really no reason for him to apologise. Myungsoo had liked it. He watched as Sungjong excused himself to the kitchen, Seonkyu following as well. Left alone, Myungsoo smacked Moonsoo on the head.

  "You're really bold, aren't you?" Myungsoo asked, laughing heartily. Moonsoo smiled, looking down at the chicken. 

  "I just really want to kiss him. Don't you want to kiss Sungjong? Actually, I noticed both of you are very awkward with each other. Did something happen?" Moonsoo asked. Myungsoo eyed Moonsoo, shaking his head. He didn't want Moonsoo to have a bad impression of him.

-

  Sungjong stood behind Seonkyu as he waved Myungsoo and Moonsoo goodbye. Once their door shut close, Seonkyu shut the door and ran towards Sungjong, covering his face with his hands.

  "Hyung, he almost kissed me!" Seonkyu squealed, laying his head on Sungjong's shoulder. Sungjong shook his head in amusement. He had been shocked-terrified- when Moonsoo almost kissed his brother. But that may be because the last kiss he had witnessed had ended in tears. Seonkyu squealed again, and Sungjong bit the inside of his cheek.

  "So, when are you actually allowed to kiss?" Sungjong asked. Seonkyu removed his hands, looking down.

  "Mother and father said I could kiss at any age as long as the person was my soulmate." Seonkyu whispered, and Sungjong blanched. Any age?! Sungjong hummed.

  "So, are you going to kiss the poor boy? He looks so desperate you know?" Sungjong teased, earning an elbow to his ribcage.

  "I- I would be lying if I said I didn't want to know how it feels, but I don't know how to kiss. Oh, how about you teach me?!" Seonkyu asked excitedly. Sungjong stiffened. looking away.

  "I've never had my first kiss yet." he said. Seonkyu's eyes widened.

  "But Hyung, haven't you and Myungsoo-hyung kissed yet? And talking about him, why do you guys seem so awkward with each other?" Seonkyu asked. Sungjong pursed his lips.

  "I don't actually... Want a soulmate." Sungjong murmured, but Seonkyu heard it as clear as day. He sprang from his seat, mouth agape.

  "But why?!" Seonkyu asked. Sungjong looked down, pursing his lips. How could he even begin to explain? Shaking his head, he looked away.

  "I-I've had a bad experience with the whole soulmates thing. Soulmates are a fraud. They enter your life, leave it and leave you alone and lost for the rest of your life. Soulates make you horrible. They make you vile. Having a soulmate destroys you." Sungjong said, curling into a ball and looking out the window, tears falling from his eyes. He felt arms encircle him for the second time that day.

  "Hyung, just what happened to you?" Seonkyu asked, voice cracking. Sungjong shook his head, cries loud and echoeing in the house. Sungjong banged the sofa as for the second time that day, memories he didn't want came back at him. This time, Seonkyu was the one who retrieved the bottle. He looked at the label, remembering it.

  Xanax.

 

 

A/N: HI GUYS! I have come back with another chapter before school starts tomorrow *cries*. I hope you have enjoyed it and please let me know what you think of it!