Chapter 2-16

New Life

There are always two sides of everything. There are black and white. There are happy and sad. There are wealth and poor. There are truth and lie. There are love and hate. There are boy and girl. There are girl on girl lol. Yin and Yang. Balance. That's just how the universe work. You have to feel happy to understand how sad feels, vice versa. You have to feel hate to understand how love feels, vice versa. Maybe Jessica and Amber never had a chance to learn how to hate. In one point of view, they are selfless, love too deep. But in the other point of view, they are pushing their opinion, don't give a of what other might feel. By other I mean me.

Amber. Selfless llama and also selfish llama. Selfless, because she is willing to sacrifice for the sake of Krystal's happiness. She is willing to let Krystal go to be with someone she truly loves. Me -they said. Selfish, because she keeps on pushing her opinion down on my throat that I'm indeed in love with Krystal, doesn't matter what I say. The fact that she believes, only believes, is that I too am in love with Krystal, period.

Jessica. My love. But nobody actually believe that. Including herself. Caught up in between the role of a lover and a sister. A lover, she let me go because that stupid mistake i made, well that is just how normal couple deal with such situation. What we had so real -at least I thought so- that she gave us a chance again. Can't bear being away from each other. Which i vowed to never screw us up again. A sister, at the same day we got back together she also sat there alongside the llama, told me, that they were giving me and Krystal a chance to be together, as in a couple. Can't bear the feeling of how she might have crushed her baby sister's heart by getting back together with someone the two sisters happen to be in love with -or that is what she-they believed.

"A penny for your thoughts"

"It worth billions. I'm not in' cheap"

She lands a slap right on my tummy and head, lets out her silly giggles.

"Ouch!!"

"Seriously, what are you thinking?"

"Just stuff"

"Like what?"

"Like how stupid a llama is to let go of her princess"

Amber snorts, she glances at me with a stupid grin on her stupid face as we are lying down somewhere near the lake -my favorite spot, star gazing. How romantic.

"It's just a trial. If you guys dont work out, she can have me back"

"That's just add up to how ed up you are! What a stupid idea" I say in the best mocking tone I can put out.

Which of course ignored. She scoffs."That's about right"

"The Jungs ed us up, or is it the other way around?"

"We ed the Jungs, we ed them good, oh yeah"

"Oh god" I cover my face up with my hands, trying to suppress my laugh over Amber's, again, stupid remark. Amber is now laughing hard, rolling on the slightly wet lush grass from the night mist. I can't believe she just said that.

"Hei you! Tone it down, will ya?"

I look to my far right to the couple sitting on the park bench by the walk path. "Sorry, Sir"

"We're drunk, man. What are you gonna do about it? Wooo" Amber shouts and being loud from my left. I nudge her and say to her, "Shut up, Am and we're not drunk" before I say, "I'm sorry, Sir, we'll shut up" and dismiss the unnecessary shouting. The man doesn't seem pleased but his lady holds him still.

"Yes we are drunk, Sam"

"No we're not and stop acting like one"

Amber then sits herself up and grab my collar, shaking me up and down, still having the drunk person kind of laugh.

"YES WE ARE DRUNK IN LOVE!! LOOK HOW STUPID WE ARE!! HAHAH-"

I quickly sit up and put my palm on to shut her frantic laugh. What is she doing?? I push her back down to lie on the grass, giving out my guilty look to the passersby, simply to everyone around, who have their eyebrows rose, questioning.

"Okay, what was that about?" I pull away my hand when her laughter has died down.

"I love her, mate, too much it hurts" Oh god, there are tears stream down her cheek. She is smiling though. One hand on her head, shaking her head as she says so. What do I do now?

"I know, it's okay, we don't have to-" My hand is hovering just above her, can't decide whether to give her a hug or not.

"No. We're doing that. That's me loving her" She is quickly sit up and propped on her elbow, pointing her forefinger to my face.

"O-okay. Then why are you crying?" I mean, what? I don't get it. I don't understand this kind of love. Would never understand, i guess.

"Because I love her"

Okay?? What the hell is love she is talking about? How many kind of love are out there? I love Amber, friend kind of love. I loved Jessica, lover kind of love. I love Krystal, sister kind of love. So what love that Amber feels for her to let Krystal go? I open my mouth to ask but i quickly shut it again. I decided to lying back down, putting my arm under my head and back to star gazing. Giving Amber time to herself, laughing, crying because of whatever love she feels.

After sometime passed, Amber's sob has died down, replaced by a wide smile, directing her gaze to me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just thought of my princess"

"Alright, romeo, let's get you home, it's getting late"

"Treat her right, Sam"

"Is there any time I ever mistreat her?"

"Nope. None. In fact, you make her happy by simply be there"

"Am.."

"It's okay. I'll be okay. She deserves the best. I mean I am the best.." She trails off and then laugh. "..but I'm obviously not the right one. Maybe it's you"

"Whatever. Let's go home"

I'm tired of explaining. I'm tired of feeling. Krystal didn't even say a thing that day. So I had no choice other than to agree. To give it a try with Krystal. Since that day, I haven't met Krystal. This afternoon, Amber rang me and asked if I can meet her and here we are. Been laying on a slightly wet lush grass with not much words exchanged, other than asked when I'd take Krystal out on an official date. And Amber playing drunk. So love does turns you into a moron.

 

//

 

Trying to keep my balance as I put both my feet spread wide with heels are touching each other, trying to put it in a straight line. Almost fell on my face few times. A good distraction for some of the Theatre fellas as they walk out from their building. Gaining some shoving and shaking heads from some of them that I know of, also some weird looks thrown at me. Don't bother to find a place to sit or whatever because I know she'd be done in any minute now.

"Sam" I jerk up at my name being called by a familiar voice but not necessarily the owner of whom I wanted to see.

"Hei Vic" Victoria smiles as she stands a level higher than me on the stair.

"Looking for someone?" I nod at her, spare her a quick glance as I keep on trying to align my feet.

"She'll be out in a minute" Another nod I gave her. "I'm glad that you guys are alright. She have been so out lately" Victoria gives me a few pats on my shoulder before she leaves.

"Sam?" And that is the voice I've been waiting. I jerk my head up with a smile on. Automatically given the same warm smile back. I has been a while since the night with Amber. Maybe today is the time to grant Amber's and Jessica's wish.

"Afternoon, princess"

She smiles and wraps her arm around mine and drags me with her to descend the stairs.

"May I have the honour to have you on a date with me, princess?"

Her smile faded and she abruptly stops. "If this is because of Amber's idea, it's okay, you don't have to" Her hand slides down my arm and then she holds my forefinger.

"I want to"

She looks at her hand that wrapped around my forefinger. "You really don't have to" Her voice is low.

"I guess I'm not good at understanding my own feeling, and other's. People seems to acknowledged that there is something between us. They said it's pretty obvious. I wanted to understand it, I want to give us a chance"

"But.."

"They gave us the chance. You wanted this too, right? I mean you did confess and all" I mutter in a mischievous tone. She rolls her eyes on me and smile.

"How about you and Jess?"

"It wasn't even what she wanted. I renewed my contract, I'm sure she is okay"

"I'm sorry"

"I didn't see that coming, yes, but whatever"

"Okay"

"Okay" I smile warmly at her then interlaced our hands.

We walk in silence to the car park. She fishes out her key from her bag. Her car beeped and we go to our respective seat. I buckle up, stealing a glance at Krystal smiling face.

"What?"

"You're smiling"

"So?"

"It's breathtaking"

Krystal scrunchs up her brows, smiles shyly as she buckles herself up. As quickly as it drawn on her face, her smile faded. She props her hand on the steering wheel and puts her head on it, looking at me.

"I'm not a rebound, right?"

I taken aback by her question. "Do I make it feel like you're a rebound?" I twist my body to face her.

"Uhmm no?"

"You aren't a rebound. But if you think I need more time to.."

"Okay then. A date it is. So where to?" She straightens herself up and turns the engine on. I can't help but smile.

"I was thinking that umm maybe we can cook together and catching up"

"The simple the better. And I'm dying to see your new flat" She smiles until her eyes form a crescent shape.

"It's not that new anymore, but Let's go then"

We make a quick stop to fetch some ingredients and a pint of ice cream. Krystal made a few wrong turns and blamed me for being a poor navigator. After an hour of wandering, we finally back to the right track.

"You have no sense of direction, princess"

"More like you don't know how to directing"

"There's no way that I can win this banter, isn't it?"

"Obviously"

"Because princess.."

"..is always right"

I laugh my head back at that. Nothing has changed. Still the same Krystal I know. We arrived at my building not long after.

"00000 is my combination" I say as we arrive at my door. My hands are full with all the groceries, and of course princess with nothing. So thats why I ask her to insert the combination.

"Seriously?"

"What, that is the last combination they would think I use, so it's perfectly safe"

She rolls her eyes as she presses the combination. The door beeps with a blue light signaling it unlocked. Krystal slowly lets herself in, studying my flat.

"Are you sure you dont have OCD?"

"What?"

"You always being abnormally neat"

"Thank you. I like it neat and it's not abnormal and I don't think that it is OCD. It just simply means I'm neat"

As I arranging the groceries on the refrigerator and the counter, Krystal is helping herself touring the flat. There isn't much but it doesn't fail to amaze her. I mean mainly because of how 'abnormally' neat my flat is. And my old yellow bicycle that I hung at the living room wall.

"Princess, are you gonna help me cooking or something?"

"Or something" She answers as she lying on my bed with the door wide open, playing with her hair.

I scoff at her answer. I thought this is supposed to be our cooking date?

"I thought this is supposed to be our cooking date?" I say thinking out loud.

Krystal is rolling on the mattress and groaning. I can only smile at her and continue to prepare our dinner.

"Why don't you go freshen up and change into something more comfortable? Feel free to roam around my wardrobe"

She then rises up from the bed, smiling. Skipping towards the bathroom and say, "Trust me, I will" before disappearing into the bathroom.

In the midst of preparing for korean beef stew for that meat-eating princess, the princess herself making her way out from the bathroom in a bathrobe. I see she took a shower then.

"Smells good" She says as she rubs her hair dry with a small towel.

"I'm halfway through"

She smiles excitedly, "I'll be out in a jiffy" then she slams the bedroom door shut.

True to her words, after a few minutes the bedroom door swings open revealing Krystal in my sleeveless charcoal grey tee and a short jeans short which is not mine. Probably she have it in her bag or something. Contrast to her outfit, Krystal then skipping to the kitchen with a kid smile on her face. Her now chestnut long hair bouncing up and down. She then flopped herself on top of the kitchen counter, her smile is yet to leave her face.

"You look so happy. Loving the shower?" I say, glancing over her as I stir fried the beef. And of course she have her eyes fixed on the beef.

She doesn't say a thing, instead she nods her chin towards the hissing beef on the pan and smile shyly. Her feet dangling slightly and she brings some of her hair to her face to cover her shy smile.

"You are being extremely adorable right now, princess"

She then hopped off of the kitchen counter and stands behind my back and slides her arms around my waist and propped her chin on my shoulder, hardly. I think she tiptoed to do so.

"I can do this right?"

We hug and hold hands before. But maybe back hugging is an intimate gesture, so that's why she had to ask. I'm quite surprised by the gesture, I mean she is being shy just now because she become so happy with the beef and then the next second she initiate a back hug.

"Of course" I say glancing over my shoulder, smiling.

She then whines and hides her face on my back. How can she switch to being bold and shy like that? This is new to me. I've never seen this side of her. I can't help but giggles and rub my hand on hers around my waist.

I can feel her cheek pressed on to the small of my back. I also can feel her slight jump on her heart rate. She then tighten her hold, and bring her body entirely pressed on my back.

"Am I that comfortable?" I joke, breaking the comfortable silence.

She hums against my back. Krystal keeps clutching in to me even though I have to move around the kitchen in order to prepare the stew. Giggles escape as she have to awkwardly walking around clutching on me. The smell of the stew invading our nostril. It almost done.

"I don't feel too good since this morning. Having something warm could help. So stew is okay right?"

I feel her hold loosened. She then leans to the side tilting her head up to meet my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Her expressionless face betrays the worry thick in her voice. I draws a wide smile on my face.

She completely peels off herself from me and stand on the side then turns my body to face her. I glance at the stew before fixing my gaze to her. My smile grows wider as she place her palm against my forehead. Her eyes slightly widen when she feels my warm forehead. She places her hands at the base of my neck, pulling me down and she tiptoed to kiss me on the forehead. I close my eyes on the touch, she lets her kiss lingers before she pulls back. She then cups my face, still with that expressionless face,

"Better?" I don't know that she is capable of doing cheesy stuff. My cheek hurts from the excessive smile.

"I feel a lot warmer now" Again, she drops her hands and bury her face on my chest.

I throw my head back and bit my lips to prevent laughter to escape. I then envelope her into a hug.

"Thank you. The stew is almost done, can you please set the table for us?" I say against her vanilla scented hair. It isn't her scent, it is mine, she uses citrus scented shampoo. But the scent somehow calming when it comes from her.

She nods and breaks the hug before silently set the table. After I think the beef is perfectly cooked, I turn off the stove and carefully bring the pot to the dining table. Krystal is already seated, her eyes follows the put to the table. She leans forward to smell the stew. Her gaze then follows me as if telling to sit down and start to dig in. I quickly place the side dishes and sit myself down across her. She bits her lips as I fill her bowl with the stew. She claps her hand soundlessly after I put the bowl in front of her.

"Go on, give it a taste"

I'm filling my bowl and watching her carefully blow her spoonful before brings it to . Her eyes instantly lit up and into a crescent. She shakes her head to the sides, and that is enough for me to know that she loves the stew. A woman of a few word she is. But her action certainly speaks louder. I have a problem determining whether or not the warmth that I feel comes from the stew.

After I clean up the table, I join Krystal on the living room couch. She puts on 'Her' for us to watch. She watches this film way too much. Me and her are both sitting at the both end of the couch with a bowl of popcorn between us. The couch is not that big, Krystal is only in an arm reach.

"Can I stay the night?" She says as she stuffs with popcorn.

"Sure. The couch is vacant anyway" I joke, stealing a side-glance pretending to be engrossed in the film.

She shots me a glare, I can sense it. But I still keep on my pretending game on. She then shoves me by my arm to the side, causing some of the popcorn flies out the bowl which is sitting on my lap. I bit the inside of my cheek to suppress a smile.

"What?"

She says nothing, just giving me her death stare and slaps on my arms.

"Ouch! What?"

She then scoots closer, grabs the popcorn bowl and puts in on the coffee table. She lies on her side with her head on my lap facing the tv.

"If this is what sleeping on the couch mean, then I'll take the couch"

I chuckle and playfully cover her eyes to only have my finger bitten. I yelp at the sharp pain while Krystal grinning, giving me the don't-mess-with-me look. Oh, I'm so gonna messing with you princess. I start to tickle her. We are playing and doing stuff we used to do before, but somehow it does feel different. What does it mean if I really enjoy this low-key kind of date?

 

 

 

 

 

It has been a while, I know. Life happens. I hope this make up for the long wait. Thank you guys so much!!