Chapter 2-14

New Life

Balancing between work and school could be stressing. Thank God my boss is kind enough to give me, Donghae and Amber special privilege. We dont have to be present in the office if we have classes,but just make sure that we inform the human resources dept before hand. Even so, it doesnt mean that we can be slacking. We still need to finish whatever project given before the due date. School, work, school, work. Assignments. Projects. No time for myself, i even barely have a meal. Tiffany's debut is just around the corner, so that is enough stuff to keep me busy and forget the drama im in for the past few months. Also ms.Jung assign me to manage the new trainees, adds up the stressness, but its okay, i am enjoying the busy schedule.

It feels like to have to address Jess as ms.Jung, but im okay now, im used to it. I dont know how ms.Jung and mr.Wu do it but even without a single artist debuted yet and we are pretty much a baby entertainment company, but we received quite a support from netizen, even the government. There is high demand of more auditions to be and join the company as a trainee, even we had a lot of an internship opportunity applicants. Hectic, yes, but i have to say, its so much fun.

After i gave a brief speech for the new trainees about their training schedule for the rest of the day and dismissed their dance class with Donghae, well Donghae cant actually keep track of time, so i had to come out and dismiss his class for him, he enjoyed it too much, I make my way to the cafetaria. This is not how my usually day like, that i actually can go and grab my lunch at the cafetaria, i usually dont get a chance for lunch, running here and there, typing this, signing that, reporting this, meeting here and there, recording, being on set and so on. Im holding three people's job on my own now actually. The board think it doesnt necessary to fill the possition yet because they can count on me. An honor but a torture at the same time. I grab some cold drink and sit myself on my favorite spot. Just when i take a few gulp of the refreshing drink, i see the group of trainees walk in. We had 4 new trainees, most of them have a strong vocal. I know one of them. Which happen to be the hottest trainee. She is becoming a hot topic around the office. I wave my hand at her, she notices right away and make her way toward my table and casually sits herself down.

"Wooo the hottest trainee of the year" I teases her when i ser her noticed the attention she gets from everybody. She shakes her head and slightly lifts the corner of .

"Ah i dont know"

I met her at the near by restaurant. She thought that im a trainee and i thought she is a new staff. We thoughts so for at least a week until ms.Jung assign me to manage the trainees and that is when i see her there. Quite funny, but thanks to that i made a new friend.

"I dont think you need to do more training. Swag is all you need"

"What the hell"

"I mean look around, you dont even need to lift a limb to make those eyes fixed on you. Debut already"

Her weird laugh escape . Weird but funny laugh. You wouldnt guess that such laugh come out from such delicated and petite body of hers. Look can be deceiving. She leans her back to the chair and looks around before shaking her head again.

"Unbelievable"

"I know, right? Well now go and get me my lunch please"

"Wha.."

"I am your manager, am i not?"

The petite girl in front of me rolls her eyes but makes her way to the counter anyway. She maybe swaggie and all but i know that she is quite a thinker and actually emotional. We get along pretty well and i think it is safe for me to say that we are close friends. She is not much younger than me, i guess by 2 years, well actually im not sure, i mean i dont have any idea whether she is younger than me or even older than me but judging from her look, she is definitely younger than me, by two years, that is my best bet, but yea well she forgets the honorific the second day we met, but yea i dont mind. After a few minutes she comes back with our meal. Obviously she randomly picked because there is a huge slice of tomatto in my dish and i dont eat tomatto but thats okay, she tried her best.

"Dont worry i'll eat the tomatto for you"

She said after she saw me put the tomatto aside. And she is very conciderate too. Yea well maybe this is gonna be fan's-screaming-filled trainee period for her. She is younger than me by two years, my best bet, but she looks like 10. Cute. But different kind of cute than my princ...i mean Krystal. I finished my meal in no time. I am starving but also i might get a call, if i dont finish it quickly it'll be gone wasted.

"Hei look, thank you for getting my meal and keep me company, but i got to run, this all is on me, thanks mate, see ya around"

I excuse myself when she is still half way finishing her meal. She cant even mutter a word with full, i just give her a smile and make my run after leaving some notes on the table. I might leave more than the meals actually cost, but its okay, i want her to fill her tiny stomach more with her desired food or snack or whatever. I can hear her shouting a "thank you" when i making my way out.

Finally i can sit down after a long period of presentation of art film for Tiffany's full album. As a young producer, of course they expect me to come up with a fresh idea. Thankfully Tiffany have been helping me. Speak of the devil,

"Hei"

I turn around on my chair to find Tiffany there. She hopped onto my desk. I mean its tipical her but she is wearing a short skirt today. So it doesnt seem appropriate. My colleagues eying me with a weird smirk on their face. Tiffany notices my uneasiness, she then lower her head to whishper in my ear which earning more wow-ing.

"Dont worry im not hitting on you anymore"

"Were you hitting on me?"

"Duh? Dont play dumb please"

She was being obvious lately, even more obvious for me because Krystal did warn me about her hitting on me. I giggle at her answer. But well im always being obvious that we cant go further than just a friends.

"So who is the unlucky person?"

She hits me on the arm and looking all shy all of the sudden.

"One of our new trainees"

"What? A trainee? You go from a hot PD to a fetus trainee? Too low Tiff" I .

"Well yes you are hot and she maybe is not as hot but she is hot and she is not a fetus!"

"Yea what a way to explain"

"She is a dork, charming,funny.."

"Now stop talking about me"

"Well im not! I moved on!"

She merong me before again lost in the though of her crush or whatever. I can only let out a weak chuckle, well i am quite tired.

"Alright alright, so who is she?"

She just shyly shakes her head, bitting her lips and looks down at her danggling foot.

"You are disgusting Tiff, i hope you know that"

"This is how people fall in love looks like"

"Fall in love?? Jesus. And I dont look disgusting when i do"

Again a punch landed on my arm. I work with Tiffany, she is quite a flirt and being so obvious liking me. But never once i see her having this disgusting so called falling-in-love face she is having right now. She maybe wont tell me who she is so im gonna go and guess. It wont be so hard, we only have 4 new trainees.

"Okay, who??? Taeyeon??"

I say her name because i personally know her and also she is the most talked trainee, so yea i go with the popular one. But i guess i was right. So she have a crush on Taeyeon??? Isnt everybody do???

"Seriously??"

"How do you know, Sam?"

"Jesus, Tiff, almost everybody i know here said that they have a crush on Taeyeon"

"Whatever. I'll be the one she is dating"

"But she is like younger than you, she is still a minor"

"Who? Taeyeon? Duh, she is 3 years older than us"

"That is not possible, i mean look at her"

"I saw her profile sheets Sam"

"What? Really?"

"Yes, she is 3 years older than us"

My eyes widen as she says so. I have been treating her as my dongsaeng all this time. Oh god. I hope she doesnt see it as me disrespecting her. How can she be older with that look? She is like a 10. I definitely need to talk to her.

"Well now Sam, you can tell Krystal to stop worrying that i might snatch you away from her, because i have Taeyeon now"

"Wha..Kryst..i to..i told you i dont date her"

I stuttering in disbelieve that Tiffany is still believing that i date Krystal. Just based on that one damn kiss. After that time she told Jessica about the kiss and then the whole office know and then Amber, well we never officially deny or confirming anything to them, no need to, but i personally talk to Tiff and told her that we dont date, and told her that Krystal actually dating Amber, purposely leave out the fact about me and Jess. But now maybe its okay to reveal the no-longer-exist relationship and we are alot closer now.

"Not buying it"

"Well i tell you what, i dont date Krystal but i dated her sister. Me and Krystal are just a very close friend"

"Wait, what?? Her sister??? As in Jessica Jung??"

"Yeah"

"Like our CEO??"

"Yes, indeed"

"Jessica Jung our CEO?? Her?!?"

"Hell yeah, Tiff, i dated Jessica ing Jung, our hot CEO"

Thank god no one is on their respective desk as we reach to this topic.

"I mean,you??? And ms.Jung??"

"Yes, we dated before"

"Weird couple. Did you drug her or something?"

"Heii what the..more like a hot couple"

"I bet you chase after her and she got tired so that she finally agreed to date you"

"That is so damn mean, but no, it was her who confess first"

"No way!!"

"Yes way"

I nod my head at the disbelieve Tiffany. hangs open. Why would me and Jessica is a weird couple? Is it really hard to believe that we dated?? I mean why??

"Beauty and the beast is exist"

"You little..."

I lift up my arm pretending to punch her, gaining her infamous eye-smile.

"But seriously though, i cant picture you and her together"

"And why the hell is that?"

I lean back to the chair even further and crossing my arms on my chest.

"I dont know, maybe because she looks sophisticated yet you are way too simple. Someone like mr.Daniel Henney would be her perfect fit"

Well he is gay. But i kinda agree with Tiffany on that one. But hei, love is not about the look, right?

"Well same goes to you Tiff, you look princessy, pink and all, a bad boy could be a good fit for you yet you chase after me"

Tiffany is opening to begin to talk but close it again and nodding her head instead.

"You're not as bad yourself either Sam"

"And you are a big flirt too"

"Never once work on you, though"

"Im not cheap"

"Yea you're either slow or just plain stupid"

"But hot as hell"

"Cant argue with that"

We both laugh. Well me and Tiffany are alot closer now. We actually share stories and stuff. Its good to have someone around again. We would go together for lunch. We will be waiting each other after a late schedule. She still act as if she is still after me but i just keep on showing her the bondaries, well not anymore. She knows that we are not suppose to be a lovers but a close friends instead and well yea Taeyeon kind help too.

"So what happened?"

"Hmm?"

"You and Jessica?"

"Ah yea well, the kiss..."

"You and Krystal's???"

I nod at her and taking a deep breath before continue.

"...after that she keeps doubting me and yea we're over"

I tell her everything, including the reason why Krystal kissed me at the first place.

 

"Well yea what kind of close friend share those kiss. Dont blame me for thinking that you date her and dont blame ms.Jung for doubting you. Despite whatever reason behind that kiss"

"Right. Well it turns out that Krystal does have a feeling for me and i guess Jessica and Amber are both aware of that and yeah that is pretty much mess everything up between me and Jessica and Amber"

"See. Either slow or just plain stupid. People noticed but you dont"

"I mean i dont know, we are close and i honestly never see that coming"

"I remember Vic told me how close you guys are. But she never told me about you and ms.Jung"

"I told her not to. I mean CEO dating her staff?? Not a story everyone can handle"

Tiffany again nodding her head with a pout. Her serious face is an ultimate proof of her taking all the information in.

"So do you love her too?"

"Krystal?"

"No, me! Yes, Krystal you moron"

"What??I tol..wha..no i dont"

"But you kissed her back"

"That was just a reflex"

Tiffany jumps off of my desk with a mischievous smirk on her face and she leans closer to my face until our lips meet. I dont even get a chance to react. She have her arm around my neck, holding herself there under my push as i push her away by her shoulder. What is she doing?? I can feel her tongue my bottom lips asking a permission to enter. I dont move my lips along with the kiss and i dont let her tongue slips inside. I keep trying to push her away but she keeps on kissing me with her eyes closed. Finally her hold losen abit and her lips movement become slower and come to a stop as she pulls away.

"This is should be the reaction when a close friends kiss, you didnt kiss me back, you pushed me away. It wasnt a reflex it was your choice"

She winks at me and leaves after lands a slap on my back. Left me dumbfounded. What the hell was that? I just shakes it away. No it is not time for me to think about that. She is kinda...right?? Argh no, no, dont think about it now. Damn you, Tiff. I check my schedule and see that i have class at 3pm. I dont wanna come but i have to. I gather my stuff anyway and prepare to leave. As i reach the lobby i noticed that it is raining outside. I huff and sit myself down on the stair, waiting for the rain to stop. There is no way that i would leave with my scooter in this heavy rain.

"Ms.Kim?"

A familiar voice calls my name. I turn my head around and find Jessica making her way out. I then stand myself up and bow at brightly smiling y CEO.

"Good afternoon ms.Jung. Leaving early today?"

"Good afternoon. Yes, i have some emergency. You are leaving for class, ms.Kim?"

Emergency? Maybe its business thing and Jesus, i need to stop worrying about her.

"I see and yes im leaving for class"

She makes her stop in front of me, flaunts her gorgeous thin smile and looking straight into my eyes warmly. Im used to not having her around now but having her giving me this warm look, could just bring me back to my starting point. No words. For a good minutes or seconds. She finally breaks the eye contact and takes her leave. Whatever that was for, i enjoyed our staring contest.

I manage to get to school, Tiffany gave me a ride, ditching my scooter. I cant go with you mate under the heavy rain. I make my way to my classroom to only find out that the class is cancelled. Great. The class is cancelled because there is a seminar or something. Dont bother to check the audithorium or the seminar, i head straight to the cafetaria and get myself a hot vanilla latte. I should've gone home instead. I stared to the outside of the window. The rain is still pouring. Adding a melancony mood. Bringing me to think to the unsolved mess or solved one between me and Jess, i dont know. I scoff at myself for having such thought while im perfectly okay, at least for now. True to my thought,

"Finally you're come to light. Have you been hiding or something? A vampire bit you?"

Well my third cup of coffee reminds me that this isnt a dream to see Krystal sitting in front of me and Jessica is on her way yo our table with her tray. What is she doing here?

"Or a cat caught your tongue?" Krystal pushes me but im still trying to grasping on the situation.

"Are you alright Sam?" Krystal warm hand touches my cold hand, it snaps me back.

"Yes i am, its just...what are you doing here ms.Jung?"

"Pfftt ms.Jung? This is how you guys are with each other now?"

Well way to take it lightly there princess. Of course she knows that we're broke up. And Jessica probably knows about Krystal's little confession. Jessica eyes both of us.

"Well im here for the seminar"

"She was actually giving a seminar"

Krystal explains for her sister. I nod at her explanation. At least they are still as close despite everything happened. Krystal the take a sips of my warm vanilla latte and showcasing her squeezed face after.

"You always like it sweet but this is way too sweet, you'll get diabetes"

I smile at her cute reaction before taking a sip of my not-too-sweet vanilla latte. She never really a big fan of something sweet.

"I'll be fine"

I take out my water bottle and hand it to Krystal to wash away the sweetness. She gulps almost half of it, well yes it is still full, i dont have time to drink or just lazy hehe.

"So you didnt attend the seminar ms.K...i mean Sam?" Well this is awkward, thanks to Krystal.

"Uhh yes i didnt, i dont feel too good" So much for the formality.

Krystal is covering , laughing at the awkward and formal conversation. I keep my eyes glued to my clasped hands. This is too uncomfortable. Finally Krystal's laugh come to an end.

"Were you so damn busy to even go to school?" I look up to Krystal. She thinks i skip school?

"I was busy and still am but i didnt skip school"

"Then how come i never seen you lately?"

"Maybe because we were at different building?"

Krystal nods her head on my reason, while Jessica awkwardly eats her chips.

"So...do you uhm.. have the answer?"

. Not when Jessica is around princess.

"Huh?"

Krystal rolls her eyes and places both of her elbows on the table supporting her upper body as she leans forward. I eyed Jessica who is now having all of her attention on us, anticipating my answer.

"I said i love you, do you feel the same?"

Blunt. Too blunt. What is she planning to do? What is this? Jessica shifts uncomfortably on her seat. I feel like to just run away. I look at Krystal trying to find a clue that she is joking but no, all i can see is her seriousness.

"I uh..i..i..i have to go" She grabs my wrist not even i had a chance to lift my up to leave yet.

"Oh no you're not Sam, i waited enough, please give me an answer or at least a hint?" . . So its either say no and crushed Krys' heart or say yes and crushed Jess' and Amber's heart. Would Jess even care? I lost her anyway.