Chapter 1

New Life

          Fresh start. Start a new life in somewhere new with someone new. Hopefully i can achieve my definition of success. I decided to move out my house and get my bachelor degree in film-making major here in Sungkyunkwan University. Its a big step i know. My parents cant fully support me on this but i believe this could help me get some fresh idea on everything, become more open-minded that could push me forward. Hopefully. I settled in my new flat or apartement or whatever you call it. Its not that big but big enough to share with my one flat mate. She has been living here for the past 2 years alone until i came along.

"Okay that was all yours, and that one room right there is yours" my flatmate says as she put down my goods and pointing my room.

"Oh yea thanks" i said flashing my smile to her sincerely. She smiles back and she reach out for my hand.

"I am Amber by the way" i mean i know whats her name, we've been emailing each other about we sharing the rent and stuff, but yea we havent officially introduce ourself.

"Ah yes ofcourse, im Samantha, thank you for your help once again Amber" i say as i shake her hand. "Hei no problem we're flatmate now so feel free to ask me anything" she is such a warm person, i think im lucky to have her as a flatmate.

          As she left the flat, i drag my goods to my room and start arranging my stuff. Moving never really a fun thing to do. I spend almost 3 hours arranging my stuff. Finally its done and now im thinking to explore the neighborhood a bit. Get myself familiar with it before i have to start classes next week. Here is so different from home. Seems brighter here, the people are quite friendly and open. I can tell you there is alot of foreigner here. After few asking around i arrived at the magestic school. My korean not that good thats why im more than lucky to have my foreigner flatmate with me. Yes Amber is american but her korean is certainly better than me.

          I walk up to the entrance of the school, lord this school is sick! Taking the chance to get myself familiar with the school, i decided to find someone to help me. I try to find foreign student around, which i could easily talk to. I see this fair height girl with long brown hair sitting on the bench, reading. I just decided to walk up to her assuming shes a foreigner too, i dont know i just think she has the foreigner vibe i guess.

"Hei excuse me, do you have a second?" I say as i try to get her attention. She then look up to me letting me know that i got her attention.

"Yes? how can i help you?" My hunch was right, she speak english fluently, american accent i assume. She is quite intimidating with her sharp jaw line, kinda cold stare too.

"Uhm yea..yeah i was hoping to ask you to uhm show me around?im new here so yeah.. if.. if thats okay with you ofcourse" She got me, that stare is just so damn intimidating.

"Im Samantha by the way, sorry for interupting you" i just have to say sorry, shes scary, man!

"Im Krystal and yes ofcourse come on let me show you around" she say as she smile and lead the tour. Well that was unexpected. The cold stare instantly gone when she smile, she became a different person. The cold intimidating self of her is no where to be found. I dont know how one could be capable of doing that.

"Im new here too by the way but ive had my time to get myself familiar with tho" she says as we walk into main lobby. Straight face. She really is something else.

"Oh you're new here too?what major?" I say trying to make a talk.

"Theater, you?" She said while give me a glance.

"Film making" i smile to her. She doesnt bother to return my smile.

          She gives me a tour, she doesnt talk much other than explaining to me about the campus. And i dont dare to talk either. Is it just me or is she just so damn intimidating? Along our way we met some of the sunbaes, they didnt even dare to look to Krystal. She doesnt look friendly, she looks cold with that dont-give-a- face, she just looks icey. Regardless, she got the force that draws me to her, it got me all curious about what she got behind that look. She managed to show me majorly of our campuss. She even showed me Film Department building, which can be really handy. Without me knowing, almost an hour pass by, just like that. I definitely enjoyed it but im not sure about Krystal. She has those expressionless face all along, so i dont know. Hell, how would i know?

"I guess thats it, i hope it helps" she said snap me back from my thought.

"Oh yes, thank you very much, you such a big help, thank you so much" She gives me a flat smile as she adjusts her bag in her shoulder.

"Well then will you excuse me, i've got to go now, see ya around" she said before she walks away. I just stand there lost in her graceness.

"Hey Krystal" I managed to get a hold of myself. She stops her step and look back to me and curls up her brows. "Yes?"

"Thanks for the tour, er.. would you come for a drink or lunch? Since you helped me today?" I found myself wanting to spend more time with this scary person. She pouts and put on thinking face

"uhmm yea sure i could use some lunch" she says coolly and starts to walk away. I run to catch up with her. Lets see how we will spend our time at lunch. I can tell you im really look forward to it. She just got me all curious about her.

"Do you know any good place for lunch around here?" I say as try to pace up with her. Is she fast-walking or i just damn slow? I dont even know dude. She just crunchs up her brows and points small cozy place across the street.

          As we crossing the street i can see all eyes are on her. Her brown hair dance along her fast paced walk. I can see her become popular af in no time at this rate. As for me, im struggling to keep up with her. Dang it! Can you please slow down? She makes her way in to the small place and sits at far back seat. I think she doesnt like attention that much, i guess. She puts he bag down on the chair next to her. I take the seat opposite her, so we're facing each other. I sneak a glance or two to her, trying to catch what shes thinking. Nope, i got nothin'. I put down my backpack and let out small cough clearing my throat.

"I did trouble you with this, didnt i?" I blurt not okay with the look on her face. She shift her eyes on me

"No ofcourse not. I wouldnt have agreed if i have a plan" Still no expression, she just slightly lift up the corner of . Is smiling once in a while could be so tiring?

"Yea right. Well uhm so you know what you want yet?" I say as i quickly drift my attention to the menu.

          Im starting to feel uneasy. She doesnt seem to appreciate this in a tiny bit. I feel bad to regreting asked her to come with me. But hey i feel damn uncomfortable, i mean i have no idea whats in her head. Her face doesnt give out any hint either. I know i said earlier that im curious about her but now its just awkward. She still have same expressionless face but now its kinda colder?or it is just me?

"I'll get this one and this" she says right after the waiter came. I look up to him give him a nervous smile. Good thing he is quite handsome. Wait he seems familiar. I think i've met him before. Havent I? Well that is not possible, i just arrived here early this morning. I convinced myself that my brain just trying to play trick on me right now. He returned my smile and quickly writes down Krystal's order.

"You know what you'd get?" Krystal gives me light touch on my hand as i blankly stare at the menu. Slightly startled, i look at Krystal and give her weak smile.

"Yea sorry, i'll get this one please" He quickly writes it down and leaves after Krystal dismisses him. Noticed my uncomfortableness, to my surprise Krystal gives me light kick to my leg under the table.

"Whats up?are you okay?" She asks leaning her head to the side studying my face. I dont know that she can be adorable at times.

"Ah no i mean yes im fine, i just you know it still feels alien to me to be here, so yea" I thank my brain for figuring a way out quickly. I dont want her to know that she makes me uncomfortable now, do i? She just nod in understanding hearing my answer.

"You'll get used to it eventually, just try to enjoy it, dont let it bugs you" She pats my hand assure me and smiles slightly but i can see it clearly.

          I am yet to get this girl. One second shes freakin cold, the next second shes warm af. What is it with you huh Krys? With that simple gesture i find myself more comfortable. We managed to finish our lunch without many talking. Which is not what i had in mind. I clearly dont know her any better than earlier. I dont know what to do about it, i usually good at socialize. Making friends never been a problem for me. God knows why im dumb with her. I was about to say goodbye when she hands me a paper.

"Here's my number. You can call me if you need help or anything" she lets out a smile as she hands me the paper with her number. Here she is surprise me again with her unexpected.

"Oh thanks, thanks alot i'll surely will, thankyou" I give her my best smile regardless to my surprise.

"Chill dude" she says and lets out small chuckle

"Alright then i better get going and thanks for the lunch i enjoyed it, i guess i'll see you at school, call me okay?" She puts her hands to her ear gesturing me to call her later. What is it with this girl? Does food have such a great impact on her? Well food is life. I guess thats it, food brighten up her mood. I cant help but let out small laugh

"No problem, and yes i will, see you around Krys" i say as i wave her goodbye. I guess i still good at making friends it just a little bit more complicated and confusing with Krystal. Im glad she gave me her number, remembering i got nobody to call to here. It makes me feel save to have someone to call to.

          I decided to explore a little bit more before i go back to my flat. Buy few things i need and get myself familiar with my new surroundings. Things are good so far. And im thankful for it.

 

 

 

Please let me know what you think, Thank you! :D x