Final Chapter

New Life

"Are we gonna get a turkey for christmas?" Krystal leaning forward asking Jessica cutely.

Four of us are on our way to get some christmas stuff. Im driving, Jessica is in front seat and those two kid-aliens are at the back, bickering as usual.

"Yea i think we might as well get a christmas tree. It has been a while since we put one up" Jessica rubbing the back of her head to Krystal face. Krystal crunches up her nose cutely.

"Dude!" Amber says suddenly, placing a slap on my shoulder making me jolt.

"You scared me, jeez!" I grunted. Krystal then hits Amber's arm lightly and chuckles. Amused.

"Can i and Krystal be the one who pick up the tree and the ornaments too?" Being kids they are. Krystal joyfully nods along to get our permission. We look like two adults have a shop with two kids. No, one adult, one young adult, i aint that old yet, and two aliens.

"Yea whatever guys" i lazily answer them in between my yawn. Can barely keep my eyes open as i drive. Jessica punch me hard on the arm.

"Ouch!! What was that for?" I rub my arm, glancing back and forth between road and Jessica.

"Christmas is just around the corner, hyped up abit, will ya?" Punching my arm again now.

"Stop being..ouch!.. such a vio..ouch!..violence now, will ya?ouch!" Im trying to block her punches, but its useless, she hits me everytime. Am and Krys seems to be enjoying me being tortured by.

Krystal and Amber are just cant stop pull up a prank to one another. Once in a while Krystal would fix up Amber's messy hair she gets after laughing with her whole body over their own (stupid) joke. At one point Amber immitating Krystal being all chic and some of her habits. Krystal doesnt seem to acknowledge her habits at all as she just looks at Amber not knowing who is Amber immitating. Lord, she just clueless. Jessica then would scold Amber for being too loud. At this time, im glad that we dont live in the same place, cus that would be hella chaotic.

"Guys..guys...guys!!!" I say overpowering their voice. God they're loud! Even Jessica ended up joining their party. "

Save some energy for later would you? We have a lot to buy" i say as i keep my eyes on the road slightly lean my head to them.

 

Krystal and Amber holding the same shopping basket, admiring everything in sight. Food evenmore. Krystal reach out for my hand as we went deeper to the store. One of Krystals hand holds my hand when the other holding shopping basket along with Amber. I dont know why they both need to hold on to empty basket, its not that heavy to have them both hold it.

I got dragged here and there with the two kids. They are, ofcourse, get distracted alot. I decided to pull out from Krystals grip and grab Jessicas shopping basket instead.

"Let me get that for you" i smile to Jessica but she doesnt bother to return it.

"Good, now follow me" well, just a daily life with the princesses.

Seeing us walking to the other direction, the kids managed to follow us. Now Amber have her arm around Krystals neck and Krystals arm around Amber waist as Krystal hold on to their still empty basket. When will they get whats on their list??

Amber now at ease and no longer afraid to show affection toward Krystal, which is good. Krystal in the other hand, being all clingy and touchy, and the way she looks at Amber, thats how i know that shes sure about her feeling for Amber now. But Amber is yet to ask her, to make them official. Dude, what are you waiting for?!?

"Why are we doing this again?" I ask Jessica as we wait for check out. 

"We're gonna celebrate your win and celebrate Christmas too" Jessica answer, thin smile on her face.

"We dont know that yet. How can you be sure that i'll win?" Leaning to the counter to have better view of her face.

"Have a little confident will you?" Nudge me in disbelieve. I just shrugging my shoulder, i dont know when i lost my confident.

As the announcement day come closer the more i lose my confident. I look at my back checking Am and Krys. Krystal whispering something to Amber's ear. Whisper or a nearly kiss? I cant even tell. They are in their own world indeed. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"I just have a listen to the song we recorded" Krystal pointing to earphone that now on her ear and the other end of the earphone is on Amber's ear. I cant help but chuckle seeing their little couply interaction.

"Yeah? What do you say?" I turn to face her folding my hands on my chest.

"The feeling is there and the lyrics deliver the feeling perfectly. It has a deep meaning but easy to listen to at the same time" she explains. Krystal loves songs that has a feeling and great lyrics, so i trust her opinion on this.

 

"Amber can you carry this for me?" Oohhh the bag is too heavy for our princess! I bet she just say that to get Amber taking care of her. I dont think the bag is that heavy. Meh, lame move princess

"Do you want me to carry you instead?" I almost gag at Ambers line.

"Can you do that?" See? Krystal just trying to flirting with Amber using the bag as the excuse. Lame lame lame, lame everywhere!! Just then Amber put her hand at Krystals back and put her up in her arm, bridal style. I roll my eyes at their gag worthy act. Jeeezzz get a room already!! Krystal happily looping her arms around Ambers neck. Amber is overjoyed. As for Jessica shes stunned at our long receipt. Irony. I witness happy and sad at the same time and same place.

 

Me and Amber are come back to the Jung's the next day. Its Christmas eve and we still need to decorate the tree. Bringing the tree itself is tiring. Decorating them should be fun but i dont think i can find where is the fun yet. Im so tired i dont think i can even manage to breath. Well no thats just way to exaggerate things.

"Why are you so lumpy?" Krystal sits herself beside me on the couch with a bag of her favorite crisps on her hand.

"I dont even know" i lazily say, reach out my hand to her crisps bag only to be slapped away.

"Get your own!" She says firmly, stand up and go sit with Amber instead. Joining Amber, doing the puzzle they get yesterday. She happily shares her crisps with Amber tho. I just roll my eyes, shes unbelievable.

"I thought you guys going to get the tree up and decorated?" Jessica walk out from kitchen with a big bowl in her embrace. Shes mixing something i guess.

"Yea, let me get Donghae to help us out, i mean to help me out. I doubt those two gonna mean any help" i pull out my phone and dial Donghaes number.

"Alright, i'll be in the kitchen" i nod at her as i talk to Donghae through the phone.

Im testing the christmas light we bought, make sure they're all work. Well maybe i should've test it before we decided to buy 'em. Yea well...

Just then Donghae enter the house as Jessica come out from the kitchen to get me to taste her cooking.

"Hei Hae" Jessica greet Donghae as she shoved my mouth with her cooking. Donghae slightly raise his brows, smiling and sit next to me on the floor.

"Thats about right" put out my two thumbs for Jessica. Jessica nods, satisfied and head back to kitchen.

"Soooo what do we do?" Donghae says as he look through Christmas ornaments we bought.

"Well alot, really" pointing at the tree we need to work on.

"Yow love birds" Donghae calls out for Krys and Am. Krys now have her head on Ambers shoulder. Does that how you do puzzle??

They slightly awkward after Donghae dubbed them as love birds. Krys quickly moves away from Ambers shoulder and throws Donghae her no-expression face. Donghae giggles at them. Lean to me and ask,

"Are they dating now? I mean the skinship getting heavier" he says in low voice to make sure they wont be able to hear him.

"Ask them, i dont even know" i shrugging my shoulder. But really, i dont know whether they're dating or not. They seems so tho. Donghae snorts at my answer.

"I bet they are" he chuckles and drift back his attention to them both.

"Yow get your butts here and help us out" good luck trying to get them help you then, Hae. To my surprise, they both come closer and start to help him out. These two is getting into my nerves!

 

Donghae is lifting me up to put on lights on the high part of the tree. Donghae is just dont know that there are invention called ladder that can actually help you reach somewhere high without being lift up. He just all buffy no smarty. And Amber being equally stupid lifts Krystal up too, to do the honor to put a crown on the top of the tree, yes a crown. I think im stupid too to befriended them but just not as stupid.

"Im gonna need Sam here, put her down please" Jessica calls from the kitchen. No need to argue, Donghae put me down and i dash to the kitchen.

 

"Dude what time do they put up the announcement?" Donghae peaking from the kitchen entrance.

"At 8pm, why?" Im too absorb in helping Jessica to look at him.

"Nothing just gonna get the computer ready" he then dissapears to join Krys and Am in the living room.

"Ready for what?" I glance Jessica, curious.

"You know that we invited some friends over tonight, right?" I nod, still focus on my cooking.

"Well you win the competition or not im still gonna show your film to them, its like a premiere" she explains.

"What??? No dont, i mean why??" I stop what im doing and try to meet Jessica's eyes.

"Its actually Amber's idea, but i guess its a good way to promote your work, to promote you, and your team. You guys actually did a good job on that film, thats why im really confident that you're gonna win this" digesting her words, yea it sounds like a good way to intoduce my work to others. Jessica is someone to keep an eye on in film industrie, so i just gotta trust her gut.

 

Our friends start flowing in as the night gets deeper. Jessica intoduce me to some of her friends from the same industrie and also introduce us to some from music, acting and dance industrie too. Daniel, the hot guy i saw at Jessica's office also here. We all minggle and at the same time trying to leave a good impression to this important people here. Jessica is being thoughtful and all, and im grateful for that.

"Okay so its 2 minutes away to 8 o'clock. So in less than two minutes from now we're gonna find out about Sam's winning the competition. I just know that its gonna be you Sam, its gonna be us!!" Donghae say as he connects his computer to the projector. This is gonna be embarrasing if i dont win this. For the first time in ,what i feel like a long time, now i find myself wishing to win this competition again.

Its 8 o'clock. Donghae now starting to open the competition's official page. Everybody stick their eyes on the screen following the cursor as it hover on "See The Winner" button at the center of their page. As Donghae click on it, the house just begin to filled with cheers and shouts. My brain fails to keep up with whats going on as i see my name on the the screen.

- Congratulation to Samantha Kim - If The World Was A Perfect Place for winning 2015 SKKU Film Making Competition -

My film starts playing. I still sit here stunned still cant get a grip on what just happen. Krystal jumps and hugs me from behind and give me kisses on my cheeks.

"Congratulation!!! You win!! Thanks to my voice!" She cheekily says. I gave her my faint smile, still stunned.

Amber and Donghae start hugging me, no, pushing me to the point i fell on the ground with them on top of me.

"Guyss...i cant ing breath" they might not hear me. Thank God they finally get up and help me up.

Donghae then give me tight hug followed by Amber and Jessica. After everyone congratulate me, Amber come up to the front and clear to get people's attention. Jessica and Krystal now standing beside me. I can feel Jessica give my hand a squeeze just enough to tell me how proud she is. And Krystal smiling widely to me and give me a pat on my shoulder. But what would Amber do there?

"Ermm soo i kinda have something to say. Its not necessarily about Sam's winning but uhm yea im quoting her film title so...please have a listen" she nervously say. What is she planning to say???

"Sammy starting to work on this project since the school start. Me and Sammy are flatmate, and we automatically become friends, bestfriends. And also through Sammy i meet new friends including the Jungs. As the time goes by, and with my involvement in this film, it allows me to spend time with other fellow friends including the Jungs who also involved. Little did i know that i actually enjoy my time with them, especially the Jungs..." she paused. Could this be her confessing to Krystal?? Well she mention the Jungs alot. Wow, Am you got balls doing this in front of many people.

"...Without me knowing, i develop a feeling for the youngest Jung.." cheer and whistle can be heard through out the room. Krystal standing here not knowing what to do. I nudge Jessica and we exchange smile.

"..Sammy have a huge involvement here. She helped me to acknowledge my feeling and also helped me to overcome my fear of showing my feeling. All of that what she have done, she probably doesnt realize it. Because she just naturally caught up between us. Her film just push me even more to embrace my feeling for Krystal. If the world was a perfect place, we all wish for a perfect world, i do have my own wish to make my world perfect. I wish you, Krystal Jung, would love to start a new life and perfected my world by being my girlfriend"

Everybody scream in awe. Amber now kneeling in front of blushing Krystal with flowers in her hand. Jessica squeeze my hand as tears build up at the corner of her eyes.

"Why are you crying? You're not the one she confessed to" i jokingly nudge her. She shots me a glare eventhough tears fill up her eyes.

As Krystal shyly nods her head yes. Our guests start shouting them to kiss. What a scene to be witnessed.

Amber then moves forward and leans to the side as she gets closer, Krystal mirroring her and finally they lips meet. The guests get crazy. Donghae even manage to get a confetti. Damn Amber! She must have been planned this long ago, thats why she lost it the other day. Oh damn you Am, sneaky b*tch!! But i cheer for them!!

The cheers start to cool down but those two yet have their lips parted. Well i dont blame them, they probably waited too long for this moment.

I feel Jessica tugging my hand and place her other hand on the side of my face. She drifted her looks between my eyes and my lips. She leans forward and gets even closer but i stop her.

"Are you gonna kiss me???" Im not aware that i slightly shouting my words out. Great, now its quiet and all eyes are on us. Even Amber's and Krystal's.

"Duh!" Jessica rolls her eyes. Having her both hands cupping my face. She leans forward again, but again i stop her.

"Wait i thought you're dating Daniel??" I say as i drift my eyes to find Daniel. I can hear him burst out laughing.

"No, he is gay" she explain, winking towards Daniel. Daniel nods and holds up his glass.

"So?" Jessica and everyone burst out laughing. Why??

"So he doesnt date girls you idiot" hitting my head now. Yea right, if he is gay means he doesnt date girls, yea true.

"How can i fall in love with someone stupid?" She adds talking to the crowds.

"Well because im not stupid but im slow, thats all" by that i grab her and pull her into a kiss, deep lingery kiss. Everyones cheering on us but Donghae.

"I thought you like me Sam, i thought we like each other" Donghae says in exaggerated way as he approaches us.

"Didnt i tell that you're a 7, a so-so? I date extravagance, so, sorry" i jokingly nudge him gaining his smile and our guests laughs. Drifting my eyes to Jessica and give her a peck. I know him better to believe what he said.

Our guests cheering us again. Amber starts kissing Krystal again, Krystal kiss her back but her eyes are on me for quite some time. I mouth her "congratulation" and then she closes her eyes and kisses Amber as passionate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note : For the past couple weeks i've been into Verbal Jint featuring Taeyeon's song, If The World Was A Perfect Place, well thats kinda inspire this hehe have a listen and just imagine it sung by kryber :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!! xx