Chapter 2

New Life

As i reach back to my flat, Amber hasnt come back yet from whereever shes going. I put fruits and everything in the fridge, and make sure it arranged nicely. Amber doesnt have much stored up in the fridge. I assume she doesnt cook as much. I see some dishes in the sink and decided to clean it up. Next thing i know im cleaning the entire flat. Im not saying its a hot mess here but just slightly messy. I see Amber's dog peacefuly sleep on its bed. A dog person Amber is. Im more of a cat person myself but i like animals in general.

In the middle of cleaning, i heard the front door swings open. Amber enters all sweaty with basketball in her hand. She sees me in a surprise. I guess she havent used to have a flatmate yet.

"Oh god sorry, im yet to use to have a flatmate" she apologizes letting out a chuckle while rubbing her temple.

I let out a smile in return "Yea thats understandable, its okay take your time Am" i assure her.

"I see you cleaning up" she says standing nervously at the door entrance.

"Uhm no just tidy up a bit, got some energy to spend. Basketball huh?" I turn to her, and point to the ball that shes holding.

"Yes, just to kill time, do you play?" Shes now leaning to the wall spinning the ball with her finger. Momentarily i totally forget that shes a she. The posture, the look, the gesture, the way she talks, well she definitely a charmer.

"A bit yea, im not that good tho" i say as i pout. She smiles at my answer. Shes hot, i can tell you that. Shes even more attractive than guys ive met so far. What sorcery is this?

"We should play sometimes, we'll see what you got" she now heading to the bathroom. She suddenly throw the ball at me. I managed to catch it on time and keep my composure. She nods her head.

"Not bad, your stance is good. We definitely should play, flatmate bonding?" She winks at me before she enters the bathroom. Little charmer she is.

I put the ball on a bowl she have on a display rack and finish up my cleaning. I sit down on a couch at our livingroom, admiring the flat.

As you enter the front door, you can see big window by the end of the room, giving a nice look of the view outside. On your right theres kitchen and far right is bathroom and laundry room. Next to the bathroom is my room. Our living room is right in front of my room and Amber's, yes our rooms are on each side of the house. In the middle we have our dining table for four. Not much but i can say it have a luxury vibe. Theres nothing i can complain about.

Just then Amber walks out from bathroom. Black v-neck tee and ripped jeans. Shes drying her hair with a towel in her hand. She caught me admiring the house.

"Not bad huh?" She says as she keeps rubbing the towel againts her wet hair.

"Not at all, i like it actually" i smile as i give a swift glance to my surrounding.

"Glad you like it" she smirks and dissapear to her room.

Its dark outside before i knew it. I decide to cook some dinner for me and Amber. I take a look at stuff i bought earlier. I think im gonna try to make some korean dish. I pull out my phone and start to look up simple korean dish. I decided to make a korean noodle with whatever vegetable we have in the fridge. As i done my cooking, i walk up to Amber's door, and knock on her door lightly.

"Hey Am, i got dinner ready, Would you care to join me?" I say from outside of her door. In a flash the door swings open revealing Amber with her messy hair. I guess she was asleep.

"You can cook?" She says as she yawns adorably and rubs her eyes.

"Sorry for waking you up i didn..." she walks pass me not letting me finish my sentence. Now shes smelling the food.

"Oh how i miss home cook food, thanks Sammy. Jalmokheseumnida" she said before she taste the food.

I sat across her and start diggin too. "Its so good" i barely heard her, she said that with full. I smile at her childish act, it suits her tho.

She finished her meal in no time. "Im so full, that was so good Sam" she says as she leaning back to the chair.

"You in the food, are you sure you're even human?" I joked.

"Well sorry i was starving and your meal was good, deathly combination, i cant help it" she laughs in between her sentence.

We spend the rest of the night talking to each other. Bonding. Slowly we get to know about each other better. Shes fun to be with, she loves to joke around can be dorky at times.

Sometime pass midnight we decided to head to our bed. Amber seems tired, i think because she played basketball earlier. She heads to her room first as i clean up the dishes. What a first day i had. Can help but smile at the good times i had today. I change my tee before drift in to deep sleep.

I woke up a minutes before my alarm goes off. Im good dealing with jet lag so its just like a normal day to me. I then change to my running apparel after make up the bed. Its 6 in the morning, i walk out slowly try not to make a sound.

As i run i found theres a park nearby. The park is not that packed with people yet, theres only some jogging or cycling there. I decide to make my run at the park. Breath in the fresh air and enjoying the quietness. Then i saw familiar figure running few metre in front of me. I keep saying i see familiar figure when i havent met many person since im here. The familiar figure slows down and i just run pass her, didnt bother to sneak a glance to her.

As i think enough running for today i walk back to my flat. I heard someone call me. "Hey there Sam" I turn around trying to find where the voice came. To my surprise i see Krystal stands there with both of her hands in her hips.

"Krystal! Hey!" I cant hide my excitement seeing familiar face. I knew she was familiar.

"You live around here?" I ask still cant hide my excitement. Get a hold of yourself Samantha!

"Yep just around the corner" she says as she points direction.

"I cant believe we live just near by. I live by the building up to the street there" I say as pointing out the direction. She nods her head.

"You didnt call me" she say. I face palmed myself realizing that. "Well nice to see ya, see ya around" just like that she left not giving me a chance to explain myself. Strange girl she is.

Im sitting down in my room, editing some video i took sometimes ago. I dont feel like going out today. I feel like to just sleep. Then i remember my encounter with Krystal earlier. I rushing to find the paper she gave me. Type in her number and call her. I hope i dont call her in a wrong time. She doesnt pick up. So i just text her.

"Hei there Krys. Its me Samantha, sorry i didnt call you yesterday :( frown emoticon Glad to see you earlier, neighbor ;)wink emoticon"

Dont ask me why i put wink there. I throw my phone and myself on bed. Just few minutes later i drift to sleep.

I wake up to my alarm the next morning. Shyit! How long did i sleep? I think my body still adjusting to the new timezone. I felt dizzy from my long sleep. I step outside my room heading to bathroom. I found Amber sleeping on the couch. Why the hell is she sleeping here? I take my time in the shower enjoying the warm water. Ive done my shower, Amber still there same position. Im about to enter my room when i hear her say "Where have you been?" She says still half asleep.

"Uhm in my room?" I hold myself not to poke her cute sleepy face.

"I saw you left early morning yesterday and didnt see you come back i thought you got lost or something i dont know your number and i didnt dare to storm into your room cus that would be me violencing your privacy" So thats why she was sleeping outside? She was worry about me?

"Sorry i didnt mean to make you worry, i just fell asleep early last night" i aplogize but thankful for her worrying about me.

"Nah its cool as long as your okay" she say as she walk up to her room sleepyly. Im about to say my thanks when she close the door behind her.

As i about to open my door, i see there a note stick to my door. "Heres my number, let me know if you get lost i'll come and get you - Am" thats what the note say. I take the note with me and quickly save her number to my phone with big smile. I realize i got missed calls and messages. Its Krystal.

"You need to make up to me for not calling me yesterday tongue emoticon" thats what the first text say. She can be playful too i say.

"Now you ignoring my calls and texts?" Oh shoot i missed her two calls too. Without furthur thinking i dial her number. On the second ring she picks up.

"Hei sorry i was asleep last night and just saw your texts, im sorry i didnt mean to ignore you Krys" i say explaining myself.

"Fine, meet me at the park in 10 minutes" she says before the line disconnected. Her texts are scary but that short phone call with her is even scarier. I dont know she just simply scary.

Im changing my chlothes as fast as i can. I write down a note and post it on the fridge. Not wanting Amber to be worry again. Put on my shoes and storm out. Im 2 minutes early. Thank God! Im about to sit myself on the park bench when Krystal calls out "Hei you sleepyhead" she says flicking her finger gesturing me to follow her. I automatically follow her.

"Uhm where are we going?" I chirped like scardy cat. She.is.scary! "My place" she answer me short and coolly.

I dont dare to ask more so i just silently walk following her. I have never been deeply intimidated by someone before. Her force is really strong. She seems lovely with her casual clothing, plain white tee and ripped short jeans. Doesnt mean less scary tho. I cant come up with a why shes taking me to her place. Hope for the best for my soul, fingers crossed!

 

 

 

 

Hellooo thank you for reading :) subscribe and upvote if you like it please :) oh and let me know what you think :)

Thanks alot!! x