Stubborn

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8.10 | Stubborn

 

From left to right - right to left - and round and round -- Yoona did not stop keep looking for Chanyeol once the young boy entered the public market. She and Officer Park have been doing it for the past 30 minutes now - but no sign of Chanyeol. Or did they just missed him? There are a lot of people in the market, so it's possible.

 

"That idiot is so fast!" Hissed Yoona, as she took a pause and breathed out disappointingly.

 

"He knows this place too well. Let's just keep on looking. Or if you have seen Sunny, tell her to call Chanyeol." Yoochun says before he walks away and once again look for Chanyeol.

 

Yoona compose herself back and went the opposite way. But instead of resuming, Yoona find something interesting. A couple keroro hood shirt. Seohyun's innocent and pretty face immediately appeared in her mind -- consequently causing her to have a big grin plastered in her face. She did not think twice and look for the owner of the clothing store. She saw the owner just exited a room and quickly saw her.

 

"How much are those shirts outside? The keroro shirts?" 

 

"The two shirts?" The owner went out and took the shirts hanging in a boomerang. "Just 5000 won for these shirts." She take it off of it and grab a paper bag hanging nearby. 

 

"Yay, Thanks." Happy that it's only cheap, Yoona took her wallet out of her pocket and waited until the owner have put it back on a paper bag. She handed her money and got the paper bag excitedly.

 

The owner bowed and said her thanks before leaving her. Yoona proceeds on resuming from looking for Chanyeol again. But instead of him, she caught Sunny jogging towards her. 

 

"Have you seen him?" She asked immediately when she stops in front of her.

 

"No. But I called him - He said he's going back to his hideout because he thought you guys are one of J-hope's follower." Sunny breathlessly uttered.

 

"Does he know you are also looking for him?"

 

Sunny put her hand on her chest and calm herself first before she answered back, "No. He doesn't. He thought I'm still in the club."

 

"So what? Are you still going to bring us in his hideout?" Yoona raised her brows.

 

"Yeah. But where's the Officer?" Sunny realized it's only the doe-eyed girl.

 

Yoona turned her body around look around. She chuckles when she spotted Yoochun already coming back with sweat on his forehead. 

 

"Where's Chanyeol-ssi?" Just like Sunny, Yoochun is breathless, as he stopped in front of them, asking about the younger boy immediately.

 

"He's so fast. He's already coming back to his place." Sunny informed.

 

"What?! Ugh." Yoochun literally groan. "So we're so slow? Damn."

 

"Officer Park, it's okay. We can't hurt any innocent people here in the first place." Yoona reminded. The reason why they're slow was, they have to be careful bumping into people in the market. It's not like they're in an action movie.

 

"Yoona is correct. We have to follow Chanyeol instead. I'm sure he won't be going somewhere, thinking that his enemy are just around." 

 

"Aigoo, Okay. But no more blindfold." Yoochun also reminded Sunny, as he slowly calm his breathing down.

 

A soft chuckle was heard from Sunny. "No more - this time. I think I can trust a little now."

 

"Let's go then." Yoona smiled, ushering the two to come with her - heading back to their cars.

 

-

 

"What's that?" Yoochun noticed the doe-eyed girl is holding a paper bag. He did not saw it earlier, until they're now following Sunny closely. 

 

Yoona flashed a cute and meaningful smile. "A gift." hugging the paper bag in the process.

 

"What?"

 

"A gift! Didn't you hear me?" Yoona shot Yoochun her infamous playful glare, earning a chuckle from him.

 

"Of course, I did. I was just... surprised. For Seohyun?"

 

The doe-eyed girl let out a sigh. "Obviously." and rolled her eyes.

 

"Hmm, obviously you still think of her despite we are outside."

 

"What?" It's Yoona's turn to say the same word. But she did not really hear it. It was just a mumble from Yoochun, she missed to hear.

 

"Nothing. I'm just... yeah, nothing. Hahaha!" Yoochun can't help it and laugh out loud. 

 

"Weird." Yoona just shrug and looked at the couple hoodie shirt inside. She grinned, imagining the reaction of Seohyun once she will receive such gift from her. This time, not as Santa, but as Yoona... her friend. 'She will really like this. ehehehe.' snickered her like an idiot.

 

Officer Park could only shut his mouth, and secretly smile when he saw Yoona's idiotic expressions. He was sure the girl is happy to give that gift to Seohyun. And he's sure the younger girl will like it. 'Generations nowadays. So cute'.

 

"By the way, have you meet Seohyun?" A curious question came out of nowhere from Yoona herself.

 

"Once. I did." Yoochun answered instantly. 

 

"Once only?"

 

"I don't talk to her always you know. I'm doing my job outside." 

 

Yoona was left speechless for a couple of seconds before she answers back. "So you haven't talk to her that long?" or rather, she asks another one.

 

"Yep. But It was already enough for me to see how she wants to see her brother back. She's like the most innocent person I've ever met."

 

"You say so. Too innocent for this cruel world." a disappointing sigh escaped Yoona's mouth, thinking about Seohyun and her cancer. It suddenly saddens her heart. 

 

"That's why I never ever stop of looking for her brother too. Because I want to help her - not just Doctor Im, who was paying me." Yoochun take a brief glance to Yoona and return her focus back to the road.

 

"That's why thanks for your effort, Officer Park." Yoona smiled brightly.

 

"Aigoo, stop thanking me. We failed to catch Chanyeol earlier. He's really fast and genius to ever go to the market. Damn that kid." Yoochun hissed and cursed, couldn't believe a younger boy just defeated him. He's more than skillful in running. He's too fast.

 

"But at leas, we still got Sunny. She's taking us to a place to where he can no longer runs away. We'll catch him, not matter what." Yoona confidently says, showing how determined she is also to get him back to his sister. If it needs some force, then she would gladly do it.

 

-

 

It took a good 2 hours in the road before Sunny finally pulled over the car in the side of the street. Yoochun also does for his car. Both she and Yoona stepped out of the car, meeting with Sunny immediately.

 

"Let's park the car here. His house is still up there." Sunny stated, as she pointed to another street. Wherein, cars can no longer enter.

 

"Okay. Just bring us to the exact place of Chanyeol." Yoona mutters, and follow the lead of Sunny, with Yoochun in her side. She put her hands on her coat, while exhaling through the air again - creating smoke in the process.

 

"The cold weather is really cool, isn't it?" Yoochun teased Yoona after he saw the girl is once again playing.

 

"I love winter." confessed Yoona, confidently.

 

"And why is that? I think I only heard this from you."

 

Yoona giggled. "It's not only me though. I have my friends too who likes winter."

 

"I love winter too." Sunny suddenly voiced out, as she briefly looked back at them.

 

"See? Not only me."

 

"Silly."

 

"Aigoo... " Yoona once again exhaled, creating more smoke in the air. She happily skipped too -- Yoochun chuckled amusingly at her childishness.

 

15 minutes later, Sunny finally came to a halt. They're in front of a small apartment, with a small gate and a tree next to the house. It's too far from the city, which seems a reason the gamblers didn't get to find him. Yoona gulped nervously as she can feel her excitement at the same time. Hopefully Chanyeol will talk to them peacefully, and won't run away anymore.

 

"I'll check first if he's inside. Once I've confirm he's inside, I'll talk to him about a visitor and that's the time I'll open the door back for you guys. Let's not surprised him, otherwise, he will run away again." Sunny instructed, knowing her friend well. 

 

Both Yoona and Yoochun quietly nodded their heads.

 

"Good." And with that, Sunny opened the gate and headed to the door. She knock twice and voice out. "Channie! It's Sunny. Are you inside?"

 

There were no answer for her first attempt.

 

"Channie?!" And so she knock again, thrice this time. "It's Sunny. I want to talk to you."

 

Footsteps immediately can be heard inside, which made Sunny smile. Her friend is already at home. As the door opens, Sunny quickly walked in and saw Chanyeol's surprised look. Yoona and Yoochun also headed to the door, so they can have an eavesdrop of the conversation inside.

 

"Why are you here, Noona?" asked Chanyeol, wondering.

 

"Just wanna check if you're okay. So you were able to runaway from those J-Hope followers?" Sunny decided to converse first before she will tell him about two visitors.

 

"Yep. So easy. Good thing and the market is just nearby - I was able to runaway immediately." Chanyeol has a smug in his face. He flopped back to his small couch, comfortably. "They're so slow though. Especially that old guy. Hehe." snickered him in the process. "Oh, by the way, J-Hope and his brothers are so dumb. They recently lose a game last night. Haha poor them. I bet, J-hope is so eager to find me now."

 

Sunny approached him, but didn't sit with him. She still grimace everytime she can see his bruise. He must have fight with other gangsters downtown. "Um, I came here also not just because of it... I came here to tell you that... someone... is here to talk to you, Channie."

 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol paused, looking at Sunny quizzically.

 

"They're here to help you with your debt."

 

"What?! You told anyone about my place?" Chanyeol exclaimed. She got up, glaring at Sunny suspiciously.

 

"No! Calm down first!" Sunny pushed Chanyeol down back to the couch through his shoulder. "I did not tell anyone - but they were the one who approached me. I couldn't decline because... this is it, Channie. You can solve your problem already. You don't have to hide from those bad gambler."

 

Giving in to Sunny's words, Chanyeol calm down and asked back, "Who are these people? Don't tell me another gangster? I don't want to have another debt with anyone anymore. J-Hope's group is enough." 

 

"J-Hope is nothing to them. I think they're richer than J-Hope."

 

"Chincha?" Chanyeol grinned so wide. "They're outside?"

 

"Yes. Um, hold on." Sunny quickly got up and headed to the door. She opens it and almost jumps in surprise when she was greeted by two eavesdropper. Both have grinned towards her, as she signal them to walk inside. 

 

Taking a deep breath, Yoona followed as Yoochun walked in first. Chanyeol stood up upon recognizing the two persons that chases him earlier. 

 

"S-Sunny Noona... t-they're the two who chases me earlier! Why are they here?!" He got frightened and stepped back, pointing his finger to the doe-eyed and that taller guy. "Don't you ever move!" He threatened, as he show his fist, ready to fight with them. He is a bit in trouble, as he can't run from them. When his eyes caught the sight of his baseball bat on the floor, he quickly grab it and ready himself if they will ever move. "What do you want from me?! Just go out, or I will swing this bat on your faces!" he further threatened.

 

"No, Chanyeol-ssi. We're not here to hurt you. Just like Sunny said, we came here to help you. We came here more because someone close to your heart wants to see you too." Yoochun stated, as he stepped forward. "Put the baseball down, Chanyeol-ssi."

 

"We're not J-Hope's follower. We came here from Im Hospital." Yoona decided to reveal it right away, so the young boy would calm her nerves down.

 

By the mention of Im Hospital, Chanyeol's eyes swift to Yoona. "What?! What did you just said?" As he feels like the mention isn't relevant to what he is believing at the moment. 

 

"We came here because of someone - and that someone is Seohyun, your sister. J-hope have approach us in the hospital and ask her to pay the money."

 

"How'd you know my sister?" Chanyeol still holds up the baseball bat - holding it tightly while eyes are flaring towards Yoona. 

 

"You know, you should put the bat down first. It's not necessary anymore here. Please..." Yoona begs. She herself is afraid with Chanyeol's plan to hit them.

 

"No! I am not going to put this down. Tell me how'd you know my sister?! She's dead already!" Chanyeol stubbornly yelled. He doesn't liked it when someone brings his sister's name. And he is not convince they know her. "Don't mention her name!"

 

Yoona sighed disappointingly. "I know her because I'm one of the volunteers in Im hospital. She's been longing to see you Chanyeol."

 

"So you guys came here to bring me to her?" Chanyeol breathlessly asked.

 

"You got it." Yoochun muttered. "And to talk about your debt as well. We can help you about it, Chanyeol-ssi. So please... put that down."

 

Sunny was about to convince the younger boy too, but too late -- He swing the bat towards the police Officer. Yet, Yoochun was able to grab the bat and pulled it off of the latter. Then, he quickly got his wrists and turned him around, pushing him down in the couch.

 

"LET GOOOO!!!" Chanyeol violently moves, trying to get rid of Yoochun's tight hold on his two wrists behind. He keeps shaking his body, but was defeated when a handcuff wrapped against his skin. The officer let go of him, which gives him a freedom to sit on the couch, but was uncomfortable of the handcuff behind him. "I'M NOT A CRIMINAL! PLEASEEE... TAKE THIS OFF!!!"

 

"Officer, You can't handcuff him." Yoona voice out her concern, watching Chanyeol trying his best to get rid of it. 

 

"No. I will only take that off - if you calm down first. You talk to us in peace, then I'll take that handcuff off of you. Now, you choose... you behave or you will forever be handcuff?" Yoochun made a deal, firmly.

 

Yoona was speechless, and so as Sunny, who is more concern to her friend. Chanyeol shut his mouth, but eyes are still glaring to Yoochun. He seriously doesn't like him.

 

"I can give you more bruise in your face if I want to." Yoochun threatened, seriously. He can't take it any longer if someone is so stubborn. He has to act as a police officer.

 

Taking a deep breath and exhaled smoothly, Chanyeol slowly opened his dry lips as he uttered, "No. I'm not going with the two of you. My sister is already dead for me." he immediately looked away from them.

 

Yoona clenched her jaw and fists, holding her anger in after she heard it from Chanyeol himself. She was about to say her own thoughts but was beat by Chanyeol's additional words.

 

"And isn't she an Im now? Why are you calling her Seohyun? That should be, Im Joohyun, not Seohyun anymore." Chanyeol eyed Yoona with a stern look.

 

Yoona abruptly grab Chanyeol's collar, pulling him up angrily. But before she can even hit him, Yoochun was fast from pulling her away from him. She attempted again, but Yoochun blocked her through his body.

 

"You! You don't know how much she loves you. You don't know how much she had been longing to see you! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING!"  

 

"You also have to calm down Yoona!" Yoochun also yelled at Yoona. "You won't help him!"

 

Yoona yanks the officer's hands away from her and her back, as she complied with the latter's request - taking her time in keeping her nerves down. She's breathing heavily to release her anger as well. Sunny looked at her with an apologetic face. She knows Chanyeol's character so much that she can not defend him. 

 

"Who is she though?" Chanyeol muttered, as he flopped back to his couch. He let out a sigh afterwards.

 

"Doctor Im's daughter." informed Yoochun, staring into Chanyeol disappointingly as well.

 

Chanyeol ignored Yoochun's answer, but he now understands why the doe-eyed girl reacted that way. In his mind, 'So the sibling came here to bring me there and be one of them. No way.'

 

 

 

- *-

 

 

 

"What are you drawing, Minguk-ah?" Seohyun's attention averted when she saw Minguk is drawing something on a paper instead of listening to the story she's reading for him.

 

"Snow." The young boy replied flashing a cute smile.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun scooted closer and take a peek at Minguk's paper. She raised her brows when she can see a drawing of three persons. And there's the small circles above them, representing the snow indeed. "Let me guess, this is Manse, Minguk and Daehan. The Song triplets?"

 

Minguk shake her head instead.

 

"Yes? So who are these people?" Seohyun curiously asked, didn't expect it.

 

"Yoona Noona." Minguk pointed to the one on the left. "Minguk... " and then the middle. "And Seohyun Noona." She happily exclaimed, which cause for Seohyun to chuckle.

 

"So it's not with your brothers... why?"

 

"Because I want to play with the snow with Yoona Noona and You, soon." Minguk replied, instantly.

 

"That's... That's a good idea Minguk-ah... But I doubt if Noona can play the snow. I'm not allowed." Seohyun had a sad tone informing the young boy.

 

"Chincha? Waeyo?" Minguk pout his lips sadly. He is so excited to play with it, but suddenly heard they couldn't. It surprised and sadden him.

 

"You know Seohyun Noona is really sick. If I will play, I can have a fever or anything that won't good for me. I'm sorry Minguk-ah." Seohyun smiled and caresses the kid's cheeks.

 

"But if you are not sick anymore. We can play, right Noona?" 

 

"Of course. Not only in winter."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter