Unfair

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

14.20 | Unfair

 

**********

 

 

"Oops... comeback here."

 

Yoona groaned and her back, involuntarily. "What?" She stomped her feet in compliance.

 

"I said comeback here, Im Yoona. Right Now!" Mrs. Im commanded firmly, causing for the doe-eyed girl to quickly rushed back to the kitchen and sat down at the stall. "Good." She muttered and handed her a cup of tea, just like the others in the living room. She pulled a stall and take her seat across her daughter. 

 

"What do you want to talk?" Yoona nonchalantly asked, sipping at her tea afterwards.

 

"I know what happened earlier." 

 

"What happened?" Yoona innocently replied that instant.

 

Mrs. Im narrowed her eyebrows. "You don't know or you just doesn't want to admit it?"

 

"I really don't know what you're talking about, Omma. I hope I know." Yoona let out a sigh, dramatically. She casually take a sip again with her tea. 

 

"Yeah, fine. You won't ever tell me the truth. But whatever is the reason, I hope you won't regret that Yoona. I'm telling you, it's not good to hide it." Mrs. Im advised seriously, even though her daughter is not admitting it.

 

Yoona giggles cutely. "Omma is surely the best, Mom."

 

"Tsk,tsk. Stop sweet-talking me. I'm just worried what you're doing. Seohyun, she totally made you hide it too. How could you, Im Yoona."

 

"I know what I am doing, Omma. Aigoo, I love this. You're concern again for your daughter."

 

"Yah!" Mrs. Im almost immediately hit her daughter's shoulder. The girl chuckles instead. "You know I'm always concern about you, Yoong! It's just that, I'm pretty busy nowadays. Now that it's Holiday vacation, I can finally show this to you!"

 

"Fine. Fine. Fine." Yoona rolled her eyes. "Well, It's not you as well. Appa is too. Tell me, did you just brainwash him? Coz I think, it's just too random that he booked us too sudden."

 

"He's now trying to make-up everything he missed, Yoong. So I hope you would see that." Mrs. Im muttered, casually taking a sip of her tea as well.

 

"Well, I can see the effort. I hope we really use this as a chance to know each other as well."

 

"You already know your father, Yoong."

 

"But he doesn't know me yet. Aigoo." Yoona disappointingly sighed.

 

Mrs. Im was about to take a sip of her tea when a knock on the open door was heard. She and Yoona turned their heads towards the door. 

 

"Oh, Did I disturb something?" It's Mr. Im, almost want to go back to the living room.

 

"Nope. We just finished talking, Appa. What is it?" Yoona replied with an idiotic smile. She sensed her father also wants to talk to her.

 

"Can I borrow you for a while, then?"

 

"Of course!" Yoona quickly get up, and rushed her father's side. Mrs. Im can't complain no more, and let them leave the kitchen.

 

Meanwhile, Mr. Im brought his daughter to his office, just to hand her a paper.

 

"What's this?" Yoona accepted curiously, checking on it instantly. When she found out it's the list of medicines for Seohyun, a big smile plastered in her face. "So Are you giving me a chance to take care of Seohyun?"

 

"Yoong, I just told you about that yesterday. And since you've encounter how her attacks occurred, you have to know when and what time does she has to take her medicine. I know there's nurse Lee and nurse Hwang already - but who knows what will happen. It's better you know also what will you do." Mr. Im smiled warmly at his daughter. He's now slowly trusting his daughter's capacity in taking care of Seohyun.

 

"I really appreciate this, Appa. Thank You."

 

"And, don't forget... I'm still watching Yoong."

 

Yoona can't help but sigh. "Of-Of course... I know what you're trying to say. I'm taking care of her because she's my friend. No more than that." She reassured, though it's a lie.

 

"I don't know why, but I hope you would maintain that kind of friendship. That way, there will be no problems. Understood?"

 

'He's still so against if I will have special feelings for Hyunnie? Damn, How can we tell him about our real relationship?' Yoona just smiled, having that thought in her mind. She then turned and was about to leave when she thought of leaving words first, "I understood, Appa. But later, I know you will also understand this. Hehe." She said meaningfully and left the room hastily.

 

Mr. Im was left in his office, wondering what did his daughter just told him. But when he couldn't think of it, he shrugs and take a seat on his leather chair.

 

As Yoona left, Chanyeol also walked into his office, carrying a chess game board.

 

"Um, Do you mind?" Chanyeol shyly asked the old man, who gladly stood up from his chair and ushered him to take a seat on thd couch. That made him smile, as he quickly take his seat immediately.

 

"You are good at this, Chanyeol?" 

 

"I always win with my friends." Chanyeol smirked, the same way with Doctor Im.

 

"Good to hear." Doctor Im replied seriously.

 

Soon, they started the game with determination to win.

 

-

 

Rather than going back to the kitchen, where she knows her mother is washing the dishes with their maids, Yoona proceeds upstairs - to her room precisely. But as she stopped in front of her own room, her head turned to Seohyun's door. Apparently, the girl is with her nurses, taking care of her again. Since the incident, her father have recommend to put on a dextrose for Seohyun - which will be finished tomorrow morning. She sighed, knowing that she couldn't take to see Seohyun on her IV again, and of course, nurse Lee is there.

 

She shrugs the idea of checking on her girlfriend and entered her room. She literally slumped her body on her mattress with a bounce, sighing in the process. "Aish!!!" heck, she can't help it but frustratingly ruffle her hair. She then stood up on the bed and moves closer to the wall - pressing her right ear against it. She didn't regret that she made them change their room - since she can clearly hear some conversations in the next room.

 

Meanwhile, in Seohyun's room, she's sitting at her bed while nurse Lee is peeling an apple next to her. Nurse Hwang on the other hand is fixing up her clothes to the closet. She hasn't done it, since she got excited opening her gifts. Looking back to nurse Lee, she looked at him, intently, couldn't believe he's back - at the place she never expected to be.

 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Minho chuckled softly, realizing the younger girl had been staring at him for a little while now.

 

"I just can't believe you're back. Isn't it a week?"

 

"Yup. But weekend is not included." Minho smiled and returned his attention to the apple he is peeling carefully. "I've heard a lot of stuffs during this recent days."

 

"Like what, nurse Lee?" Seohyun had an innocent face.

 

Taking a brief stare, Minho replied, "Miss Im, she'd been spending time with you?"

 

The mention of her girlfriend made Seohyun pause for a couple of seconds. She reluctantly turned away from the nurse and uttered, "Yeah. She's-she's a good friend, and really... she can take care of me so well."

 

"Oh, It looks like." 

 

"Hmm? How'd you know?" Seohyun creased her brows in curiosity.

 

"Your father. He told me." Putting aside the knife, Minho handed the small plate with the pieces of apples he cut. 

 

"So he immediately informed you that it was my -- I mean... Yoona, who took care of me earlier."

 

"Yoona sure has learned now." Tiffany speaks up, as soon she had finished fixing up the clothes. She close it and turned to the two. "Sooner or later, she'll join the nursing department." She joked, heading to the bed and sat at the edge of it.

 

"Nurse Lee, you know it's not easy to join, nursing." Minho stated, handing Tiffany the unpeeled apple. 

 

"Who knows? Volunteering mission is a good thing, you know." Tiffany commented, taking a first bite of the fruit.

 

"A volunteer nurse, I think that's how you call it." Minho corrected with a bit of his own apple as well.

 

"Yoong is really good at it, Nurse Hwang?" Seohyun happily butted the conversation over the two nurses. She only saw Yoona taking care the children cancer patients the last time. She had no more opportunities to see how she did well for the others. So it made her proud for Yoona and she's happy for it.

 

"Yoong? You call her, Yoong... Hyunnie?" Minho was a bit surprised he heard the nickname.

 

"Yeah, I didn't tell you, nurse Lee. Seohyun here calls Miss Im like that - ever since they started hanging out." Tiffany replied in behalf of Seohyun. 

 

"Wow. So that means... you're now so comfortable with her?" asked Minho.

 

The younger girl smiled shyly as she only nodded to confirm it.

 

"Not surprising." Minho muttered. "My Joohyun is really that friendly. I'm a proud close friend as well." He beamed with a smile.

 

"Tsk, you're not surprising as well, Nurse Lee!" Tiffany chuckled, giving the older nurse and light kick on his feet. The latter chuckled as well and added more words.

 

"But I haven't tell you, Joohyun. I'm happy to see you here. I mean, you're finally out of the hospital. Though we still have this dextrose on you, this is one step closer to your healing process. I think in just a few days, if the incident won't happen anymore, the chances of cancer free is high. The chances of no more limitations outside for you, is more than high."

 

"Like Doctor Im told us." Tiffany added.

 

"Haha, I was about to say that, Nurse Hwang."

 

"Hearing that from you both makes me really wish I'm on there. That, I won't be having this dextrose anymore, Nurse Lee... nurse Hwang." Seohyun smiled, looking up to her dextrose medicine bag. It's basically making her feel more good now, after the two have put it back to her.

 

Tiffany and Minho eyed each other, as they both know how the girl feels like. For years, it had been her wish to be free from any dextrose or any injections. So they felt joy seeing this is now happening slowly for the young girl.

 

"Soon, you'll be free from that. So I suggest, you eat the right food and don't stress yourself with anything that may come. Araso?" Minho suggested with a warm smile, he haven't done for a while for his favorite patient.

 

"Of course. I'm a good patient after all, Nurse Lee." Seohyun also flashed the same smile towards Minho. The latter reach for her hand and give her a rub at the back of her hand, making her a little shiver and awkward. So she looked down to avoid her intent stare, that seems telling her something.

 

"Alright, let's get back to our respective rooms now, Nurse Lee. Seohyun still needs to rest." Tiffany took Minho's hand off of the younger girl and pulled him up afterwards.

 

"Hold on, I haven't gave this." Minho quickly rushed to her backpack on the couch and brought out a gift for Seohyun as well. She went back and give it to the younger girl. "You will like that for sure, Joohyun. Good night." he said and give the girl a kiss on the forehead, before leaving hesitantly with Tiffany. As soon as he's outside with Tiffany, he looked at the girl with a big smile. 

 

"You surely don't care about my feelings, nurse Lee?" Tiffany sadly told Minho.

 

The smile in Minho's face disappeared. "Of course I do. But, I hope you also understood that I want to court Seohyun. I like her, I hope you also understand that."

 

"Yeah, I know. But at least, you refrain showing it to me. Tsk,tsk. I can't believe you." Tiffany shake her head softly, as she left Minho in the door, heading to her own room.

 

Minho sighed and decided to go his own room as well. Meanwhile, Seohyun who just unwrap her latest gift is smiling from ear to ear when she find out it's a book -- her favorite book she'd been eager to read. She almost couldn't believe Nurse Lee just bought it for her. "Aww, Nurse Lee surely knows my favorite." flattered, she hugs the book and open the book. Just when she about to start reading, she heard a knock on the door, followed by a very familiar voice. In which, it makes her heart skips a beat, and head turned to the door, right away.

 

"Yoong?!"

 

The door opens a little, Yoona's head peek behind. Yet, she stays there, head is looking down to the floor. She's not moving.

 

"Oh, you can come in. What are you doing there?" She put the book down and face her girlfriend. When Yoona still not moving, she get up. "Yah! Are you planning to stand there until tomorrow?"

 

"Until the world ends." Yoona joked, as she walked in finally. Yet, she shot her girlfriend a glare.

 

"Why? Did someone hurt you? Or... did you-"

 

"I've heard it."

 

"What?" Seohyun quizzically replied, sitting back on her bed. Yoona approach her, and take her seat also, next to her, but still glaring - though cute, she can't help it and felt concern. "Yoong, what's wrong? Tell me, please." She took her hand with hers.

 

"I said I've heard it." Yoona pout her lips, still glaring dramatically towards her girlfriend.

 

Seohyun giggles, as she find how cute Yoona acts randomly in front of her. But she really has no idea. "What really is it? I don't know what you're talking about, Yoongie!"

 

"That nurse Lee!" Yoona sighed, dropping her shoulders unconsciously.

 

"What about him?" Seohyun raised her brows, and looked at Yoona in the eyes, in search for an answer - but she couldn't see anything but sulking eyes.

 

Yoona decided to drop her jealous and sighed. "Nothing. Did he gave this?" but she couldn't miss and ask about the book she just saw in the corner of her eyes. She picked it up and show it to her girlfriend.

 

"Yes. Another advance Christmas Present." Seohyun got the book and smiled happily. "It's my favorite book, Yoong. He really knows it."

 

"Oh. I'm such a shame girlfriend, then." Yoona stated with a sad tone, realizing it.

 

Realizing what she just uttered, Seohyun looked at her girlfriend in panic. "N-No. That's not what I mean, Yoongie. What I mean-"

 

"It's okay. Of course he knows you first than me. There's nothing to be concern." Yoona fake a smile. She was a bit hurt, but that's not enough to put her into much pain. She's just disappointed of herself.

 

Seohyun put the book down and held Yoona's face, so the girl's eyes are on her. "No. I apologize. I wasn't thinking. Please, don't bother it anymore. It's just a book anyway." 

 

"It's your favorite book." Yoona exhaled and pushed Seohyun's hand away from her. "It's really okay. I'm just a little upset that I don't know something really about this yet. I mean, you haven't really shared a lot of things about you. Well, we have limited time only. Aigoo..." 'I'm jealous, precisely.'

 

"You don't actually need to know a lot about me. These are only simple things."

 

"But it's important for me too.." Yoona muttered, as she lied down completely to the bed. She turned to show her back. Showing that she's really upset of herself.

 

Seohyun pouted sadly as well. "I'm sorry. Why don't we share more things about each other then? That's if... it's okay... " 

 

"You don't want to hug me? I'm sulking. I'm sulking... I'm sulking..." Yoona mumbled, hoping her words did not reach Seohyun's ears. 

 

"What?" Seohyun did not hear it clearly. But she heard something about 'hug', but the rest is not clear.

 

Sighing, Yoona turned to face Seohyun back. "I said, nothing but I love you." She smiled, though not that lively.

 

"Yoong!!!" Seohyun whined, shaking the older girl's one arm.

 

The latter snickered and was about to pull her down as well when she realized she's on her IV. She sat back and cupped her girlfriend's cheeks rather. "I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay, baby girl." She giggles, afterwards.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yep." Yoona confidently uttered. She decided to brush off the thought of the gift. Instead, she thought about the stuffs she already gave to her girlfriend. Though as Santa. "So let's lie down now. I thought you are now going to rest."

 

"W-Wait... How'd you know? I mean, You heard us?" Seohyun finally realized what the doe-eyed girl was implying earlier. Her eyes widened.

 

Yoona chuckles at the 'late' reaction from the younger girl.

 

"Yah! You eavesdrop?"

 

"Hehe, I can't help it. But few of the conversations only, I've heard - including the 'Yoong' nickname." Yoona wiggles her eyebrows, teasing and proud of it.

 

Seohyun mentally face-palmed, yet cheeks reddened and that cause for Yoona to chuckle, teasing her more with her idiotic grin. She can't help but accept her defeat. "You're really something."

 

"Haha, At least I'm happy with that. You know, I think he already know we're that close. Next step, we'll tell him."

 

"Yeah, I guess so. So he won't be surprise anymore once he'll know about this."

 

"Exactly what I am saying. Anyway, why don't you lie back now. It's almost 11." Yoona suggested, as she gently pushed her girlfriend down. The latter look at her with a loving stare. She leaned down and kiss her forehead.

 

"So are we going to wait?"

 

"Eleven:11 wish, baby girl?"

 

Seohyun nodded. "Yes."

 

"That's the reason why I'm here too." Yoona softly replied. She looked around in search for Baymax. But she couldn't see it.

 

"What are you looking for?" Ask Seohyun.

 

"The stuff toy I gave, baby girl. Where's baymax?" Yoona instantly replied.

 

"Oh, I place it only in my luggage."

 

"Okay, I'll get it." Yoona stood on her feet and immediately saw Seohyun's luggage inside the closet. She took it out and saw that baymax was all alone inside.

 

"I think Nurse Hwang forgot to bring it out." Seohyun informed, sitting up. Back pressed against the head of the bed.

 

Yoona went back to the bed and handed her stuff toy. "Here. You shouldn't be leaving him alone. Otherwise, he will cry." She reminded playfully.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun giggles, hugging the stuff toy.

 

"Chincha." Yoona pat Seohyun's head. "So don't let go of Baymax, Araso? And baby girl, don't let anyone hold him. He's your healer, remember?"

 

"Of course." Seohyun brightly smiled. She lied back again to snuggle with the stuffy toy. 

 

Yoona smiled back, couldn't utter back, as she find herself staring deeply into Seohyun's eyes. She blinks twice slowly and scooted closer for her to leaned down again, kissing her forehead affectionately. Seohyun had close her eyes when she felt Yoona's lips against her forehead. And she smiled contentedly when she heard her whispered, 'I love you'.

 

As Yoona pulled back, she caresses Seohyun's cheeks and returned her attention to her wrist watch. "There's only few minutes left." She said and decided to stand up, heading to the window. She parted the curtains, making them see the snow outside, falling again from the sky.

 

"Whoa. Why don't we search for a snowflake tonight?" Seohyun had change her mind almost that instant, when she saw the beautiful snow outside. She sit up and gently get off of the bed. She drags the dextrose stand with her and stood next with her girlfriend.

 

"Yeah, it seems a good idea. I almost forgot, I haven't seen one." Yoona replied with a sheepish grin. She put one arm around Seohyun's waist, so they're close to each other, as they looked outside - watching the snow freely dropping. Her smile and Seohyun's smile are the same - totally bright as they enjoy watching the snow together.

 

Unconsciously, they looked at each other  -- their smile got even sweeter. Seohyun rested her head to Yoona's shoulder, as they continue to watch snow while the moon is so bright above. The warmth from both of their bodies, are constantly warming them up - despite the cold weather outside.

 

"Whoa, there!" After a few moments of silence, Yoona broke her silence when she caught one, pointing to it instantly. "So... beautiful." She was mesmerized. It wasn't only one, but there are more of it dropping freely. It's even fascinating that they came in variety of crystalline shapes while it was dancing in the air, as it falls on the ground.  

 

Seohyun was a bit surprised with Yoona's sudden raise of voice, but she is enjoying watching it too. Consciously, She wrapped her arms around the doe-eyed's slim waist, and kiss her cheeks, causing for the girl to look at her, surprised. "I'm just happy." She told her, looking outside again.

 

"I'm happy too." Yoona whispered softly. She kissed Seohyun on the cheeks as well, causing for a shade of red in the same spot she kissed. That made her giggle and for the 2nd time, she checks on her wrist watch. "Omo. It's time, baby girl." She quickly announced when she find out it's almost eleven:11 already.

 

"I don't have any pen and paper here. I think it's in my closet." Seohyun worriedly says.

 

"No, It's okay. I'll get you in my room." Hastily, Yoona left the room to proceeds to her room. Seohyun on the other hand went back to her bed, waiting only for a couple of seconds - as Yoona went back with a paper and a pen. She took it and Yoona take her seat next to her - anticipating for her to finish it. However, before she could write, she realized something. "You know, Yoong. I don't think I will really have to wish for 12 times. Some of my wishes have already came true."

 

"Like what?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter