The Daughter

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

2.10 | The Daughter

 

Seohyun couldn't able to take it anymore. The girl down there is not only laughing, she's also making fun of her snow man. She turned around and headed to her door. But just as she's about to open it, she is having 2nd thoughts. She went back to the window and find out that girl is already making big snow ball next to her Seororo. 

 

"What is she planning?" Panic can be seen in her face, as she once again headed to the door, reach for the knob and open it. She peek her head behind the door to see if there's no nurse nor Doctors in the hallway. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them. She even saw nurse Lee, who was laughing along with his fellow nurse.

 

She let out a sigh of disappointment. As she went back to the window again, she find out the girl is creating another snow man. She thought she will see her breaking the one nurse Lee made for her. That just made her sigh in relief. But somehow, she find it adorable, as she continue to watch the girl by her window.

 

"She's childish." she giggles. The girl is apparently making more small snow balls. More snow balls, then more small snow man around the two big snow man. "Why is she outside there though? It's already almost midnight."

 

*knock-Knock-knock*

 

Upon hearing the noise outside, she immediately rushed to her bed and pull the blanket to her chest. She closes her eyes to pretend she's already sleeping. 'Omo, the lights.' Yet, she forgot to turn off the lights. She bit her lip briefly before slowly relaxing in her bed. 'I hope I won't be caught'.

 

Minho was on the door, smiling in amusement when he saw Seohyun on the bed, obviously not sleeping yet with the lights and her feet was moving. He decided not to say anything anymore and turned off the lights. He closes back the door and quietly left.

 

The younger girl quickly opened her eyes and let out a sigh of relief. "Who was it?" thus wonders who peek at her door. But before she could continue lying down, she gradually kick herself out of the bed and made her way back to the window. She frowned when she realized the girl in the park is no more. But she noticed, the keroro hat was transfered to the new snow man. She giggles at the cute sight of the new Seororo snow man with a heart on its body, instead of the star like the one nurse Minho made.

 

"That girl seems not bad for my Seororo Snow man." she said, thinking the girl is childish indeed, but she's not bad at all. If she was, she would have break the other snow man. 

 

Satisfied with her night, she close back the curtains and casually made her way back to her bed. She pulled her blanket back and was smiling, upon closing her eyes. She re-positioned herself to the right, to have a better and comfortable angle of sleep. Moments later, she had fallen asleep.

 

-

 

Freezing - Yoona entered the house almost collapsing on the floor. But as soon as she felt the heater in the living room, she let out a sigh of relief and collapse on the couch in the living room instead. She takes off her gloves and grimace how red it was already. The glove isn't that thick for her, no wonder she felt so cold making the snow man earlier.

 

"Who the heck is that girl though." However, she still can't stop thinking of someone watching her from the third floor. She wasn't blind when she noticed it after she made the big snow man. An unconscious sweet and innocent smile formed in Yoona's frozen lips. She felt like she had made her happy by only watching, how weird. But that's not all, when she transfered the childish keroro hat and she draw a heart on the body. It had been a while since she really made a snow man. The last time she recall, when she's still this young. Her father and mother even help her to make it. "Aigoo." she missed it.

 

Getting up, she made her way upstairs. She unwrap her scarf around her neck as she walks in the hallway. But she stops halfway when she realized her mother's figure in front of her door, staring at her with an obvious questioning look. Arms are crossed and eyebrows are creasing, that just means, she has to explain something. She wrapped her scarf back to her neck and ignore her. 

 

"I visited the Hospital. I did not go to any club, Okay?" She said and tried to reach for her door when her mother's hand held her wrist. "I've said it over so many times Omma. I am not going to any night club anymore at this kind of the night. And I've been doing this for over 5 months now. Why can't you trust me this time?"

 

Mrs. Im softened her hold against Yoona's wrist. "What were you doing in the hospital? Have you change your mind now?" asks her softly. She's not mad at all why her daughter again went home late. Well, at least now that she knows where she came from.

 

"Change? In accepting the offer?"

 

"Yes."

 

Yoona slowly take her mother's hand off of her wrist and face her mother entirely. "I'm thinking of it. I think that's... a progress." She flashed her a reassuring smile before she finally opened the door and gently close it behind her.

 

"I'm so glad to hear that, honey. But I hope, you would really grab this opportunity. Don't worry, you will really enjoy this. I'm sure of it." Mrs. still pursuit her daughter. "Good night. Have a sweet dream." She happily stated before leaving in satisfaction.

 

Yoona, who is still standing by the door, smiled unconsciously upon hearing her mother happy outside. She really thought she's mad because she got home so late. She was glad to hear it. Or more like, she's glad she made her happy with just little news about the invitation. 

 

Casually, she made her way to bathroom and have her hot shower before going to sleep.

 

 

 

A week later...

[Hospital]

 

 

"Noona? Minguk is not sick, right? Why are we here?" Minguk innocently asked upon upon recognizing the building in front of them.

 

Yoona unbuckled her seat belt first before she turned to Minguk and help him unbuckle his own seat belt. She then made sure his scarf are covering half of his face. Minguk's eyebrows raised in confusion.

 

"Noona will visit someone in the Hospital. But, we don't need to be seen or recognize. Is that okay for baby Minguk?" She asked him. But the little boy only look at her, couldn't reply. She showed a thumbs up instead. Minguk's eyes formed into a crescent moon, showing her small thumb in the process.

 

"Now let's go." Yoona covered her face with her scarf as well and put on sun glasses. She got her car keys and stepped out of her car. She opened the door in the passenger seat and let Minguk stepped out from it.

 

Hand in hand, they made their way to the entrance. But just when they're about to pass the security, Yoona was block.

 

"No kids allowed 4 years and below. Unless he is sick and he's the reason for visiting Im Hospital. Or, you have some appointment with one of the Doctors." The Guard told Yoona.

 

"Chincha? But... is it okay if I say He's 5 years old?"

 

"5 years old? Really?" The guard is not convinced. He looked down to the little boy next to the girl. "I don't think he is. How old are you little lad?"

 

Minguk did not say anything and only shows his 5 fingers. Of course, he's lying. He's 4 years old and will turn 5 next year.

 

"See?" Yoona grinned sheepishly.

 

Still not convince, The guard lowered on one knee and pulled down the scarf around the little boy.

 

"Ahjussi, I am five years old. My father told me not to lie." Minguk says, still showing his five little fingers. "Yoona Noona is the one lying. She's 4 years old." She playfully added. He winked at Yoona afterwards. The doe-eyed showed another thumbs up to him, for a job well done.

 

"Are you sure you are five? Why are you small?"

 

"Um, He's parents are also small. You can't ask more about that -- can you?" Yoona interrupted.

 

The 45 year old Security guard looked up to see Yoona's facial expressions. The girl smiled at him so friendly. "What's the reason of visit? He looks like healthy, and so are you. Visiting a patient or any appointment with a doctor here?"

 

"Um, Visiting a Doctor. I already know where's his-"

 

"Who?"

 

'Damn. Why is this so strict? If someone will be in critical condition, I wonder if they will interview them like this?' In Yoona's thoughts before she simply replied. "D-Doctor Park. He is expecting us inside, Ahjussi." She decided to lie.

 

"Hmm, Okay. You guys can go in." The Security guard can no longer ask for more. 

 

"Thank You, Ahjussi." Minguk put on his scarf right away and take Yoona's hand, as they entered the hospital successfully.

 

The guard still can't figure it out, why out of a sudden a five year old is that small. He's just in that girl's thighs. Too small for a five years old.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona and Minguk are back on their stalking mode. Honestly, Yoona has no idea what floor is her father's office, but she can look around. Besides, she's not planning to talk to him, nor want to show herself. And with Minguk with her, it seems no one notices or recognizes her. She's known as the only daughter of her father, that's why she covered up.

 

"Noona, we are going to look for your Appa?" asked Minguk to confirm what he heard earlier. They had been walking in the hallway while she's looking around, she doesn't know yet if it's about her father.

 

"Yes. I want to stalk him." Yoona giggles at her own answer.

 

"Stalk? or a spy?" Minguk corrected the older girl.

 

Stopping on her tracks, the doe-eyed looked down to the little kid. Minguk had pulled down his scarf already, showing his toothy grin.  "We're like a spy then." She said, putting back the sunglasses in her eyes. She resumed 'spying' again, still holding Minguk's small hand. 

 

Putting back his scarf, the young boy also look for 'Doctor Im' around. He keeps on bowing to every nurses they're passing, though. Couldn't continue being a bad boy. Earlier was enough.

 

Moments later, Yoona and Minguk were tired and decided to take the 2nd floor through the elevator. Yoona literally slumped her in the floor whereas Minguk sit on her lap. 

 

"Aigoo, you're so heavy Minguk-ah. You should just stand. Noona is tired."

 

"No."

 

"Tsk,tsk. Come here." Yoona wrap her arms around her partner's body and squeezes him. The latter giggles and cupped her cheeks. She chuckles when he started pinching her cheeks. She couldn't hold it back and also pinch his chubby cheeks. Both of them are laughing so hard.

 

*ding*

 

For at least a couple of seconds. As soon as the door opens, both consequently got up and Yoona grab Minguk closer to her, so the patient who was on her wheelchair can walk in, and them, exited the elevator almost immediately. It's another floor full of rooms around.

 

"Are you ready partner?"

 

"Ready, Noona." Minguk saluted playfully.

 

"Then take the lead." Yoona pushed the young boy lightly. He went back to her and pushed her instead. "Hahaha, I was just kidding Minguk." She took Minguk's hand again and started roam around. 

 

Yoona spotted a board, she literally face palmed mentally to just realized every floor has a map. As she can see in the map, the rooms in the 2nd floor seems for those having labor. And yes, nursery rooms for new born baby. The rest of the rooms are offices for Family Doctors and Neonatology.

 

"My Appa is a Medical Oncologist, Minguk-Ah. His office is not here."

 

"Who are you looking for?" Suddenly, a nurse asks Yoona, wearing a friendly aura.

 

Yoona stepped back and grab Minguk on his shoulders closer to her. "Um, I-I... " she couldn't find words to say. She can't tell her she's looking for Doctor Im, and her intention precisely. So she keep shut and just smile at her. Consequently, thinking for a way to skip this nurse.

 

"Medical Oncologist? A Cancer Specialist? You know a Doctor working here, Miss?" The nurse still questioned.

 

"..."

 

"What's your name, Nurse Noona?" Minguk asked, thinking Yoona won't answer.

 

"Oh, I'm Tiffany Hwang. You cute little kiddo?" 

 

"Song Minguk. My name is Song Minguk." Minguk never hesitate and hold out his hand for a shake hand. 

 

Nurse Hwang gladly shake his hand. "It's nice meeting you." She looked at the girl with him, she just flashed a smile and stepped forward to gave the complete map of the Hospital. "Basically, Cancer Patients are in the next floor. But Most Specialists for Cancer are in the 4th floor. So yes, you guys are so near there." She bowed a little and left them casually.

 

"T-Than You." Yoona muttered only to herself, watching the nurse's back getting far from them.

 

"That's a pretty nurse Noona." Minguk suddenly says.

 

"Chincha? You like her, Minguk?"

 

Minguk confidently shake his head.

 

"Why?"

 

Without a warning, Minguk wrap his arm in Yoona's hips and says, "You're prettier, Yoona Noona. And I like you more."

 

"Eehehehe, You just want me to give you candies. Tsk,tsk." Yoona knocked Minguk's head through the brochure map of the hospital. "Come on. Let's continue spying." and ushered him to continue.

 

Minguk happily skipped and keeps on humping like a bunny, whilst Yoona is chuckling, watching in amusement. That's why 4 years old and below are not allowed. They're still so naughty that they could break something inside the hospital.

 

But instead of going straight to the 4th floor, Yoona pressed the 3rd floor - thinking her father must be on visiting hours with his patients. She has no idea what's his schedule, but she can sense it.

 

"Noona, they're-"

 

"Shshsh, don't mention it." She quickly covered Minguk's mouth before she could mention the patients they're passing by. It's not as bright as the other floors, in the 3rd floor. Of course, who would be happy with their situation? She felt quiet sad, as she and Minguk continue to roam. Until finally, she spotted her father - She immediately picked up Minguk in her arms and look for something to hide. She saw a food trolley and immediately rushed there to hide. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter