Sick

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10.10 | Sick

 

It has been 30 minutes now since Yoona had left the park, but still, Seohyun can't keep her calm, while she's pacing back and forth, in her own ward. It had been also a while since Tiffany have gone out to stop Yoona there, but the girl hasn't comeback. It is making her more worry now. 

 

"Otoke. I hope Yoona is okay." She keeps on chanting the same words, while her mind keeps repeating what she saw earlier in the park. Yoona was shouting, pushing Tiffany away from her, until the guard of the hospital came to help her from creating more mess. That was the last thing that she saw, and until now - she has no news about her.

 

Sitting at the edge of the bed, a heavy sigh escape , as she felt herself tired from all the walk around the room. She wanted to go out, but she's afraid she will be caught - thinking that the hallways are busy. And to think, Doctor Im will once again visit her. She has to stay in the room, and wait for nurse Hwang return instead. After all, it's the only thing she can do.

 

And before anything else, she has to take her medicine again. She reach for it from her table and a glass of water - she momentarily drink her medicine. 

 

"I hope she's really okay now." Seohyun let out her last words of concern as she carefully lied back to her bed and pulled the covers on her. It's another afternoon nap, to be honest. But she felt like not sleeping, as her mind is still occupied about Yoona. She close her eyes, in hope to rest her mind for the meantime.

 

Another 30 minutes had passed, she woke up and realized she had fallen asleep. But this time, she was happy to see nurse Hwang in her side, carefully taking off her IV on her hand. Or she thinks she's just fixing it. "Why?" she huskily asked her.

 

"I've seen blood. I'm fixing it back."

 

"What about Yoong? What happened to her?" Seohyun couldn't missed the opportunity and ask the young nurse immediately. She was about to move, but she felt a light pain at the back of her hand, where the iv is being connected again to her veins again. She hold her breath as she endure the pain for a little while only. She let out a satisfy sigh when Tiffany have already left her hand. 

 

"I don't know how to explain what happened, Hyun. But she's okay now - at least when she left the hospital."

 

"You didn't get to talk to her?" Seohyun asked again in concern.

 

A small shake of head can be seen in Tiffany as a response. "She won't share anything. But she already stopped crying. No worries, she's going to share it for sure, Hmm?"

 

"Where did she go?" 

 

Tiffany lightly chuckled at the question again. It's too obvious to her now - the girl cares for Yoona as well. "Um, She didn't tell me. She just left without a word. But then again, don't worry. She'll be okay."

 

"I hope so. I saw her - she's crying nurse Hwang." Seohyun lifelessly stated, upon recalling what she witnessed again. "I'm pretty sure she's having a bad day right now. I wonder what made her sad?" she pout her lips sadly, couldn't imagine how sad the doe-eyed that was used to be so bright. Especially earlier. She was all happy when she was with her - but later she suddenly cried in the park. It's too sudden and really saddening for her.

 

"Me too. I am curious why she's like that. But for now, put that aside. Let's not think too much, araso?"

 

Seohyun smiled and nod her head lightly. "Thanks for comforting her nurse Hwang."

 

"I didn't actually had that chance. It was her who only slowly calmed down. Probably she got tired and just consciously stop." Tiffany informed.

 

"But still, thank you. She will be sick if she continues lying down there."

 

"Oh, you're right too." Tiffany sheepishly smiled, as she just realized what really concerns Seohyun.

 

The younger girl turned her head to the window and pout sadly.

 

"You. I told you don't think too much about her. You know, she's a strong girl. I can see it."

 

"I know. I'm just worried... what if she will run away too?"

 

Tiffany frowned. "What? That's impossible, Hyunnie. Why would she even run away?"

 

"Maybe she doesn't like to continue her work here?" Seohyun guesses.

 

"Tell me one valid reason why would she stop, eh?" Tiffany dared with an amuse smile. She has never even saw Yoona complaining about her work. Plus, she's already getting used in the place. Something that she did not even realized - knowing that the girl is not in good terms with her father before.

 

"I can't think of anything." a shy response was heard from the younger girl. Her thoughts just came too sudden, that she couldn't think of a reason.

 

"See? There's no reason for it. And Hyun, there's no reason for you to think she runs away. That's ridiculous if she will. Sooner or later, we'll get to see her again. Okay? Aigoo, why are you thinking like that in the first place?"

 

"Because... she's only my friend here nurse Hwang. I mean, aside from you, I find myself so comfortable towards her also. It's so rare for someone I just met." Seohyun confessed with a happy smile, finally.

 

"Yeah, I can see it too. But it's really adorable. You guys are adorable together. Just like a couple." Tiffany unconsciously teases, causing for the other girl to look at her with a little wide eyes. "Why? What's wrong?"

 

Seohyun couldn't believe what she heard from Tiffany though. The 'couple' word, just like what Minguk says. The girl also sees them like that. "I was just... I mean... I didn't know you would think like that. Me and Yoona, as a couple. Um, Do we really looked like we are?" She bit her lip and blush when she heard herself.

 

"Hyunnie - you surely so innocent when it comes to this. I'm thinking like you guys are a couple because you guys looke good together. You know, for only a span of 4 days now, you guys are so close. Such a rare sight for me. And take note, I can see some sparkles." Tiffany couldn't help but tease Seohyun again.

 

"What? Sparkle? As in, there's some stars?" Seohyun innocently replied. But it didn't missed to make her imagine sparkles in Yoona and her. She giggles at her own imagination.

 

Tiffany was speechless for a couple of seconds - barely could comprehend how innocent Seohyun is. "What I mean is that... Hyun... 'Love'. Sparkles means, I can see some 'love' between you guys. You know that romantic love? Oh, it's really a great feeling, Hyunnie. hehe."

 

"Oh, L-Love?" By the mention of the word, Seohyun's heart started pounding fast. Then her cheeks turned more red. "Nurse Hwang... if... you are in love, what do you feel like?" She asks curiously. "I mean... when will you know you are?" as apparently, she's now getting suspicious about her constant 'side effects'.

 

Tiffany grinned when she saw the curious in Seohyun's stare and the way her cheeks are so red. She was now convinced the girl definitely likes Yoona. And probably, she's in love but she just doesn't know yet. "I haven't actually found my 'true love', Hyun. However, as what others says, you know you're in love when you can't sleep because you're thinking about that person. Your heart would flutter, and there's a lot of butterflies suddenly in your stomach. It's like, you're sick. But a good way of a sick. And, you know you've found love when you look in their eyes and find yourself. Hyun... do you also... experienced it?" She ended it with a question, as she observes Seohyun's expressions.

 

'Otoke... so... so I'm... I'm... Aigoo, I'm in love?' In Seohyun's thoughts as she barely could focus to Tiffany eyes. She didn't answer, and instead, cupped her cheeks to once again focus on that beat of her heart - while mind is occupied by Yoona's images. All the moments she shared with her in the span of 4 days and half, are all coming back. The butterflies, fluttering, and all about this new side effect is because she's in love. She realized, the reason of all these is how Yoona take care of her - being all too sweet towards her. It was all made sense to her now. Yoona, she's in love with her. 'But Yoona... she admitted, she felt something as well. Oh gosh, so... so... so... so... so... we're in love with each other?  Since we have the same side effect. Otoke...' She shake her head constantly upon realizing all of these. 

 

"Hyun... " Tiffany called out, but before the girl could respond, she heard her name being called outside - and the door opens with a fellow nurse walking in.

 

Seohyun was interrupted by her thoughts too when the nurse walks in.

 

"Fany, Doctor Kim is looking for you. You should go out now." The nurse told Tiffany.

 

"Thanks for informing me, nurse Park." Tiffany replied with a bright smile. "I'll come After you." She then stand on her feet and was about to leave when she stops and turned to Seohyun. "Seohyun-ah, don't hesitate and share everything you are feeling inside to me. So you can know what to do, Okay? I'll see you later. Oh, the keroro hood is so cute. Just like the one who gave it? hehe. " She said with a wink and casually left her ward.

 

Still couldn't comprehend what she just learned, Seohyun pat her cheeks that's apparently so red. She let out a sigh and somehow she smiled - now that she realizes it's not really something like her other side effects. Instead, it's a heart side effect when you are in love with someone else. "My First love... it is." She quietly told herself. "And... It's Yoong."

 

- * -

 

 

Suho went out his store only to be surprised by a cool friend, standing outside his store. "Yah, why are you here?"

 

"Didn't I sent you a text message?" Yoona asked back in disbelief.

 

"Oh." Suho fished is phone out of his pocket. "It's dead. hehe. Sorry. So when did you arrived, eh?" He sheepishly shows his indeed dead phone.

 

"Aish! No wonder you did not went out immediately! How could you!" Yoona literally smack Suho's head.

 

"Yah! You should have sent me a message an hour ago. My phone is still so alive. Why are you here though? I thought you're still in the hospital, eh? Did you just back out now?"

 

A sigh escape Yoona's mouth. "No. I didn't. I am not just in the mood yet to work. I mean, something happened. And I need you to accompany me in the club we used to hang out."

 

"Oh, you have a problem, Yoong?"

 

"What do you expect?" Without warning, Yoona grabs Suho on his shoulder and drags her to her car.

 

"Wait, I have my car-"

 

"Just get that after this." Yoona opened the passenger seat and pushed her friend inside. She then headed to the driver's seat and quickly drives off.

 

"If that's about your father again - then is this another long night?" Suho grinned. He knows Yoona too well. If it's about her father, she would drink it up all night until she'll fainted.

 

"Quiet. But it's not about him as well. I need you to listen to me later - so reserve all your questions later." Yoona uttered with a serious tone. It had been couple of hours since she left the hospital and an hour since she left that Sakura tree in the park, she used to hang out with her family - in their previous town. It still didn't help her to cover up what she felt at the moment.

 

Suho shut his mouth looked outside the window. He secretly glance at Yoon's reflection on the side view mirror, he can totally see the sadness in his face. That bright face he used to see is not there. He hoped Yoona will be okay later when he shares his sadness. Likewise, he would always be her adviser or someone that can share with her problem.

 

Just 30 minutes of drive - Yoona pulled over the car in front of the club she used to hang out with Suho and her other friends.

 

"But didn't you promise you won't ever come here, Yoong? You told me because you don't want to worry your mother anymore?" Suho got concern over the choice of place Yoona drives them.

 

"It's only for tonight." Yoona said in a low tone of voice. She unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of her car. Suho followed suit.

 

"Aigoo. Here we are again." Suho had a rolling of eyes, once he recognize some people in the dance floor, and yes, the music that blasted upon entering the club. He already know who is the Dj. It's Dj Hyo.

 

Yoona seems to not bother when some people also recognizes her. She just keeps on looking for a vacant table in the corner, until she found one just near the stairs to the 2nd floor. She headed there without caring the people around, calling for her. Suho is just like a follower as well. But he would constantly wave his hand to those that calls his friend.

 

"What would you like to order?" asks Yoona as soon as she had settle down. In a shout way, hence the place is so noisy.

 

"It's up to you. You're after all going to drink only." Suho said as a matter of fact. But the latter did not even care what he said. "It's your treat, I mean." So he change his words.

 

"I haven't dinner yet. I want to eat some chicken, too." Yoona raised her hand and catches a waiter's attention. 

 

"Just chicken?"

 

"You want some salad as well?"

 

Suho nodded his head immediately. "Sure."

 

"Tsk,tsk." Yoona shook her head, in disbelief. Suho is Suho, he won't ever change. "Two orders of vegetable Salad and two order of Fried Chicken. Um for drinks, 10 bottles of soju." she told the waiter before it left to get their order.

 

"Oh I see you don't want to get drunk." Suho teased. 

 

"10 soju bottles are even strong enough for me to faint. What are you thinking?" Chucked Yoona but she failed to convince Suho over her choice of 10 soju bottles. Usually, if she likes to drink out her bad day, she will end up finishing one case of it. "Fine." But tonight is different. "I don't want to drink a lot tonight because I'm still going back to the Hospital. I don't want to disappoint someone."

 

"I barely could hear you but I understand what you are trying to say. So this is about your father?" Asks Suho, as he pick up the glass of water the waiter put on their table and drink its content.

 

Yoona shift her gazes to Hyo over her Dj booth. "I think we need to go to a private room. Dj Hyo is on the roll." 

 

"That's what I am trying to say." Suho chuckles.

 

Getting up, Yoona signal the waiter to the 2nd floor, asking him to follow them, as they take the stairs to the 2nd floor. Suho is following behind her.

 

Shortly, they arrived and the waiter put the drinks first and a shot glass before leaving.

 

"You want to drink while we talk about your problem and while waiting for our food?" Suho offered Yoona the shot.

 

Taking the soju, Yoona opened it and poured her friend the first shot. "It's not about him as well, honestly. There's another involve in this issue." She told him at the same time.

 

"Whoa, there's another person?" Suho reacted before he puts his glass down to the table and take his turn in pouring the alcohol to Yoona's shot.

 

"And it's not just an ordinary person. She's special to me." A heavy sigh escaped Yoona's nose. Feeling her chest, heavy as well. She bowed a little to Suho before drinking her first glass. 

 

"Did you just confirmed now - that your father is cheating?" 

 

Yoona placed the shot back to the table as she looked at Suho with her un-amuse stare. 

 

"Then what? I'm curious now, Yoong."

 

"It's someone close to my age. She's the reason why my father did not went back for 2 years. That bastard spent 2 years of his life just to cure her." Yoona angrily stated. She grit on her teeth for a couple of seconds, as she ends up sighing.

 

"Wow. That's... That's unexpected. I thought he has a secret family. Like what you are saying."

 

"I thought so too. But no, he made it clear to me that he only went there for her. But damn, he must have really forgotten about me and he loves her more than me. I don't know what to do anymore." Yoona sadly shared, unconsciously feeling tears are now rolling down her cheeks. She couldn't hold it any longer. It's just too painful for her that her father seems to prefer Seohyun - in seeing her happy. While her, she's just like a trash for him. "But no matter how much I wanted to hate that girl, because she's too lucky over my father - I seriously can't... B-Because I'm already in love with her. And I feel like so stupid right now because I'm jealous. Worse, it seems my father is against with us." She wiped her tears off before she poured herself another glass and drink it in one go. She poured and drink repeatedly until she had emptied their first bottle. She opened another one and doesn't mind pouring it on a shot of glass. Instead, she drinks it with . 

 

"So it's.... like Your father knows you love this girl and he's kind of... he also love her? So he is separating you from her? In addition, you are thinking your father loves her more than you because he cares for her more. You know what? Is this a love triangle?" Suho quickly bit his lip upon asking the latter.

 

Yoona shot her friend a playful glare. "My father doesn't love her like the way you're thinking right now. He loves her like his own daughter. 2 years, who wouldn't be feel so protective? Right? But can't he see also? I'm making Seohyun happy. I'm making her smile always. What's so wrong about that? He just can't really trust me - can he? Because he doesn't know me well... I swear, he's the worse father I've ever known. He thinks more of Seohyun than to see his own daughter, happy. You know what? It's actually just a win-win situation. Come to think of it, if he will allow me to keep seeing Seohyun, it would make me happy and it would make him happy too because his favorite girl would be happy. If he loves me still, and also wants to see me happy too - why don't he trust me and just continue - right? Aish, so complicated." she literally ruffles her hair out of frustrations.

 

"Just make it simple, you're jealous over this girl you're in love with, because your father loves her more." Suho concluded.

 

"I'm not jealous, I just felt like, trash -- when he told me about how he cares for Seohyun a lot - and that he doesn't want to see me close with her. You know, he never tried to be so caring towards me. That was the first time I saw him like that - but to Seohyun rather. That's it saddens me right now. I just can't help and get mad as well because he's stupid for not trusting me on this. Ridiculous. I swear, I wanna kill him if I only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter