Last Wish

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18.20 | Last Wish

 

***

 

Quiet getting tired for holding only her girlfriend in her one arm around her waist, Yoona slowly lowered herself and put the girl's head on top of her lap. She tried again to wake her up by patting her cheeks so many times, but the girl is still not waking up.

 

"Baby please... you're not going to leave me. I'm really going to kill myself here if you are." Tears are now soaking her face, as she did not stop patting her cheeks here and there. Really not believing it yet, she checks on the girl's chest, to make sure if she's indeed not having heartbeats anymore.

 

"Aigoo." She was relieved when she can still somehow hear her heartbeats. But it wasn't as lively. Must be The reason why she didn't feel it earlier. She wiped all her tears off as a new light came into her. She take her time calming down herself before she acted.  

 

"Alright. She must have fainted only." she lifted herself up again, carrying Seohyun in a bridal style. She hastily left the rooftop without wasting a single second. 

 

__

 

 

When you thought... you have lose someone you dearly love, when you thought it's almost over... but all of it was just my negative thoughts. I was too scared at that moment that I did not care to hear anything. I thought she lose her heart beats and wouldn't wake up anymore, but honestly, she fainted only, as far as I can remember. She was still breathing. She's still... alive, of course. It's just that, it's sad that she's not in my side. Moreover, we're back in the hospital. I don't know yet what happened, but she's apparently in the Intensive Care Unit Room, or ICU.

 

Honestly speaking, when I thought I've loses her, everything crashes. I almost want to jump off of the building. It hurts to know, that I just lose her. Realizations then hits me - never miss a single moment without her by my side. I feel really selfish at that moment. It was as if, the world is ending and it's only us. I ask myself if should I save her instead of me. Because I would definitely like to see her living still. Funny, it is.

 

Thankfully, I was only exaggerating the things. But I'm still so lost, I don't know why they put her to the room after we brought her back to Im Hospital, when I know she only fainted? What is going on?

 

"Yoona!"

 

Yoona's thoughts were interrupted by her father's voice, calling out for her. She immediately rushed from her sitting position in the bench to her father - trembling. "Appa, how's she? She's alright, isn't she? Tell me, it's not something to worry. Please... tell me."

 

"She'll be fine." Doctor Im simply replied, as he ushered his daughter to take a seat.

 

"What do you mean?" Yoona started to feel uneasy with her father's words. "Why is she inside? I only know patients are put into an intensive care if they're in danger, then you're telling me, she'll be fine? I need an explanation please."

 

"She lose her consciousness earlier because of another side effect that made the cancer cells to grow and make other cells. Good thing, we immediately rushed her to the hospital and performed the intensive chemo. We have prevented it from spreading all over her body. Otherwise, we might have lose her."

 

"See?she's still in danger then you're telling me she'll be fine?"

 

"She'll be fine if she continues her intensive chemo." Doctor Im whispered. He himself is worried, but he is not going to give up. He really almost thought Seohyun will be cancer free soon, but he forgot, cancers are unpredictable. "She'll wake up later. But - I'm sorry Yoong... we can not let you in. She has to focus on recovering back her energy. I'll let you see her only if she's out of the ICU.

 

Yoona's heart got more reason to crash. But despite that, she nodded - confirming her agreement. Even If it's against her well. Seeing Seohyun healthy again is the most important thing at the moment. She has to endure without seeing her yet.

 

"Yoong, I'm trying my best to cure her, I hope you could trust me on that."

 

"Thank You, Appa." says Yoona only, as she turned away and  exhaustively sighed. "Where are the others by the way?"

 

"Her brother is on the way with your mother, bringing some few of Seohyun's stuffs. Nurse Lee and Nurse Hwang are on the process of their comeback in the hospital." Informed Doctor Im, softly. He put his hand on top of Yoona's shoulder, giving her a pat. "Why don't you comeback later. I'm sure she's already awake."

 

"She'll recover soon, right?" Yoona speaks so low rather. 

 

"She will. Let's just not give up. She's on the way there Yoona. It's just, today is unfortunate. Like I've told you, she needs 24 hours of monitor, so we can assure her healing process is smooth."

 

"Then I'm not leaving Appa. I want to look over her."

 

"But you need to eat at least Yoona. I am here anyway. I can do it for you while you are away." Doctor Im replied, worriedly. "Come on Yoong. You can't be sick as well."

 

Yoona's stomach is indeed so hungry now. But how can she eats when someone is still not okay? In her heart, she wants to stay until Seohyun recovers. But in her mind, it tells to eat to gain energy at least and comeback later.

 

"You haven't even showered Yoong. Your hair is messy. Do you want Seohyun to see you with this? Isn't that embarrassing?" 

 

Once again, Yoona felt her stomach growling, causing for her to grimace and really tempting to eat already. But her heart, it won't cooperate with her mind. She felt so confuse now. Will she go home or not?

 

Seeing no reaction from his daughter, Doctor Im was about to get up when he felt a hand preventing him. Yoona looked at him with a pout. "What?"

 

"You look over my baby girl, Appa. Don't here."

 

"Of course. I am not leaving."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise." Doctor Im smiled reassuringly. He's glad his daughter now understands.

 

Getting up, Yoona walked to the glass window, watching Seohyun on the hospital bed again. But apparently not healthy. She looks so pale. But despite that, she looks so beautiful still. She bit her lower lip, suppressing herself from creating a sob. As slowly, her tears won't stop from falling freely again. 'I'm sorry baby girl. I think this never happened to you if I did not force you up. I'm so sorry. But... Don't you ever leave me. I swear, without you, I think I will die too. It's ridiculous but it's what I am feeling right now. So please, if you want to make me happy too, don't give up. Be strong, Okay? Because I will be strong for you too baby girl. I love you. I'll comeback later. You have to wake up once I got back. I love you again, baby girl.'

 

"Yoong, once she wakes up and can able to breath on her own, we'll take the oxygen off of her. However, that's not guarantee yet."

 

"I know Appa. Just don't leave her."

 

"Likewise." Dotor Im gives his daughter a brief bear hug. The latter weakly smiled and bowed at him before leaving the floor almost hesitant. Doctor Im is watching his daughter's back, leaving, feeling a pang in his heart. Yoona's sadness is just double for him. No, it's now triple, as he thought of Seohyun's condition. 'We will get on there Seohyun, just hold on. I promise, I will help you.' He's now more than determined to keep going on. It took 5 years for him to get into this situation, he has no reason to give up on killing the cancer cells.

 

***

 

Yoona arrived in the mansion like a zombie. She never heard anything coming from the maids as she headed straight to the kitchen. Usually, if she's happy and hungry, she would be excitedly rushed to the refrigerator and make her food. But now, as her mind and heart are still occupied about Seohyun and her condition, she barely could raise her hand to open the ref.

 

"Are you okay, Miss Im?" asks the maid, watching the doe-eyed brought two eggs out. "Omo. I think I should just cook for you." She hurriedly approached her and grab the other egg after she just dropped it on the floor.

 

The sound of something that dropped made Yoona brought her back to her senses. She sighed and just let the maid take the work. She pick up a bottle of water instead, and take her seat. She didn't think twice and drink the bottled water so fast. Her dry throat needed some attention too, not just her hungry stomach.

 

Satisfied, she put away the bottle and took a deep breath in and exhaled loud enough. "Yeah, focus Yoona. Focus. Like what you promise, you'll be stronger than your baby girl." She told herself, not minding if she sounds like a stupid girl for the maid. She then get up. "I'll shower first." and told the maid before leaving consequently the kitchen.

 

She entered her room, grabs her towel and showered for only 15 minutes. Before going out, she pack her backpack with her clothes and before she could forget it, she also brought her drawing book and pencils. As if she's in volunterring mission again, it feels so nostalgic. But it seems, it's really destined to go back again to the hospital. Thus, she hoped it won't take long.

 

"Um, Jung-Eun Unnie, what do you normally do when someone is sick?" she asked the maid, as she take back her seat in the kitchen. Her breakfast is already presented.

 

The said maid turned her head to face her. "Who is sick?"

 

"You know Joohyun, right?" Yoona raised her brows.

 

"Y-Yeah. So she's back in the hospital, Miss Im?"

 

Yoona simply nodded to confirm, before taking a spoonful rice into . Eyes still focus to the maid, standing in front of her.

 

"I... didn't expect that." The maid turned her head again to the sink, resuming washing the dishes. "If she's back in the hospital, that means, she hasn't really healed...unlike the maid have thought. Um, but... to answer your question... I think the most important is for you to tell her that you really care and is rooting for her to get better. That way, it would make her have the confidence to stay strong. Oh, it's important also to make her smile. So she won't feel lonely and won't think about her condition. She will feel really good if someone is always beside her too."

 

Yoona smiled on her own upon hearing those good stuffs the maid have shared. "Thanks Unnie. I know now how to do this." though she can not really stay by Seohyun's side since she's in the ICU, something came up in her mind that may make her girlfriend smile. Without any doubts, she finished her meal for the next couple of minutes.

 

"Miss Im, I know I may have been observant but, are you and Miss Joohyun, dating?" The maid asked, as she turned her head. However, too late. Yoona have already left the kitchen without even saying a word. "Well, she obviously like the girl." She smiled, happy for the only daughter of Im Family.

 

____

 

 

As Yoona stops the car carefully after the traffic lights change, she the radio in attempt to accompany herself. But that only made her realize something - it's Christmas Day. The song is an English song everyone loves, called 'All I want for Christmas is You'. At the same time, it made feel a light pang in her heart, knowing that she's going to spend her Christmas in the hospital - something that she never really imagine. Her plan for the day have really faded with what happened early in the morning. The worse, it happened in the best moment in her life. Sigh. But she really can't predict everything. No one knows what will happen next.

 

3 minutes later, the song ended and she decided to turned off her radio when she felt that her phone inside her jacket is vibrating. She just simply answered the call in her bluetooth device she didn't missed to put into her right ear. "Hello?"

 

[Miss Im Yoona, right?]

 

Upon hearing an unknown voice, she grabs her phone out of her pocket and check the number. She mentally slap her forehead when it hit her - the person on the next line is a mountaineer that supposedly would guide her and Seohyun of her plan on mountain climbing today. She forgot to tell him that the plan is cancelled. "I'm sorry, I don't think we could go today. Something happened to my partner. I couldn't go without her."

 

[Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. So should I cancel this?]

 

Yoona sighed audibly. "Yes."

 

[That's okay. Anyway, I hope I could hear you again. Probably summer? That would really be a good time to climb a mountain.]

 

"Yeah, instead of winter season." Yoona smiled as she imagined next year's summer. It's gonna be really cool. And she can imagine, Seohyun is so healthy already. No more signs of sickness. She and her will enjoy such bright day in the mountain. Oh she wishes it's summer already, and her imaginations are happening. That surely lifted up her mood. "I'll call you back next summer then, Mr. Park." 

 

[Sure. I'm keeping your number. By the way, Merry Christmas.]

 

"Merry Christmas." Yoona simply replied, ending the call momentarily. A bright smile plastered in her face, as she still imagine it. She had already continue driving again, but her smile is still there. Until she had reach her friend's store, she even almost bump into a costumer.

 

"Yoona?!"

 

"Hi, Suho." Yoona just passes on her friend as she headed to the corner of the store, where she knew the whiteboard and pen for kids are being place. She took two of it and headed to the cashier counter right away. Suho looked at her weirdly. "Merry Christmas, Joonmyeon." She greeted with a bright smile.

 

"You. Are you okay?" asked Suho, realizing Yoona's tired eyes, but she's smiling so big. It's so weird.

 

"Just put that into the paper bag now." Yoona instructed firmly, ignoring Suho's stare. She brought out her purse and handed her card. "Oh wait." yet, before she could forget as well, she grabs a white snapback in the corner and wear it in a backward way. "Put this on the list as well."

 

"You're seriously weird, Yoong."

 

"Isn't that a compliment Joonmyeon?"

 

Suho chuckled and shake his head in disbelief. Yoona's acting cool again is never new to him. "Fine, Im Yoona. But serious... what happened? I've never heard anything from you recently. Well, except for the fact that you and your family spends winter holiday in the ski-resort. How was it?"

 

"It was good. Really memorable." Yoona meaningfully replied.

 

"Why don't you take a seat with me and let's catch up." Suho suggested, handing Yoona her card back and the same time, the paper bag that contains her stuffs.

 

"Nope. Next time Suho. I will surely make a time for you. But for now, someone needs me more. Merry Christmas bro." Yoona takes said and left without any explanation of her kind of words.

 

Suho stood in his place, speechless and wondering if the 'someone' his friend is telling is the same girl he saw in the hospital. "Oh well, happy for her." He smiled later as he realized it.

 

Yoona who just continued driving again, heading to the hospital, has her eyes focus on the road. 'I hope you're now awake, my baby girl. I have a lot of stuffs to say to you.' Yet, couldn't get herself excited to see her girlfriend again.

 

As if her thoughts are heard, she felt her phone vibrating again. "Hello?" which she did not think twice anymore and answer it.

 

[Yoona, Seohyun is awake. She's looking for you now.]

 

"C-Chincha?! O-Okay. I'm on the way." Yoona's excitement got her press the pedal so hard, that almost made her car fly in the air. Her heartbeats are just as excited of her though, she couldn't catch up. This must be really be the feeling when you miss someone. Even though she's not going to have a close look, that doesn't matter anymore. Just the fact that she's already awake is a good progress.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter