Run

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7.10 | Run

 

 

Minguk is having fun playing with Seohyun's keroro stuff toys with her - for about 30 minutes ever since he arrived, when he realized a photo frame on the night stand next to the older girl's bed. He stopped mimicking one of the characters' voice as he pointed to the picture frame.

 

"Noona, is that your family?" He asked her.

 

Seohyun's attention momentarily moved to the frame the little lad was staring at. She smiled and nod her head to confirm. "Yes."

 

"But... why am I not seeing them Noona?" Minguk hug the stuff toy of Tamama around his small arms, as he looked at the older girl with his curios and innocent stare.

 

"Yeah, I haven't mentioned... " Seohyun paused, as she also hug Keroro Gunsoo in her arms. "Your Seohyun Noona is an orphan." And doesn't mind telling the truth to the little boy.

 

"Omo. What do you mean?"

 

Seohyun let out a cute giggle. "That means, Seohyun Noona has no more parents. They're now there - heaven." she smilingly pointed above.

 

"No way? I'm sorry to hear that, Noona." a cute and sad pout plastered in Minguk's face. "It must be sad, like those kids I can see in the street." He sighed momentarily.

 

"It is. But... I'm getting use to it. I have my new family here, somehow." Seohyun replied, thinking about the nurses and the staffs in the hospital. And of course, Doctor Im. Who had been there for her ever since she knew him.

 

"If your parents are in there - How about your brother? That's your brother, right Noona?" Minguk pointed to the young boy next to the older girl's side. "Where is he now? Is he in heaven too? Or... somewhere else?"

 

Seohyun expected to hear such innocent question from Minguk and still put on a smile. She looked at her keroro stuff toy and then place it in between with her and Minguk. "He's here." Then use it as a representation of her brother. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean, Minguk... my brother Channie is not in heaven - he's here. This is honestly his favorite stuff toy. But... truthfully, he's somewhere else I wish to see soon." Seohyun tells Minguk, without a doubt. 

 

A rising eyebrows of puzzlement is seen in Minguk's face. He still couldn't get it.

 

"It's hard to explain, but later on... we'll get to see him - Okay?" Seohyun decided not to share about his brother's story for running away. Otherwise, it will make more questions in the young boy's mind. "Do you want to meet my brother too, Minguk?"

 

"Oh, so you mean Channie Hyung is not in the hospital living? But he's visiting you eventually?" Minguk believes.

 

"Hmm, Yeah. But not too soon." Seohyun agreed with Minguk's words.

 

"I understand now. I see... " 

 

"So how about Minguk? Does Minguk has a brother too?" Seohyun let out an audible sigh after seeing the young boy had understand what she means. Well, she herself believes her brother will visit her. And that's going to happen pretty soon. The hope to see her brother again is on hype. She believes in Yoona's words a couple of hours ago.

 

"Minguk has twin brothers, actually, Noona." a big smile draws in Minguk's face as he showed two fingers.

 

"Wow. That's-"

 

"We're triplets!" Minguk giggled. 

 

Seohyun's eyes cutely widened. "Triplets? As in, there are three faces of Minguk?"

 

"No!" Minguk let out a soft chuckle of amusement. "We are not identical Noona. Manse, Me and Daehan are not identical triplets. So Minguk only has one face, Noona." He proudly smiles.

 

"Oh... I see... " Seohyun nodded her head understanding. She felt a little shy with her reaction towards the boy. She almost thought she can see two more Minguk. "But where are they? Don't you go with them always?" thus, it interests her.

 

"I do. But Yoona Noona likes me the most." Minguk replied with a proud smile.

 

"You're your Noona's favorite out of the triplets. And why?" Seohyun somehow wasn't convinced.

 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm the cutest, Noona? hehe. But I'm also a good kid - that's why Yoona Noona love me the most."

 

Seohyun can't help it and pinch the young boy's cheeks. "You're indeed the cutest." She pinched it hard, which made the latter squeal and quickly pushed her hand away. 

 

"I know, Seohyun Noona. But you don't have to pinch me." Minguk giggles, rubbing his cheeks in the process.

 

"But I haven't seen your brothers. So I don't think I can really tell it's you the cutest."

 

A pout plastered in the young boy's face. 

 

"Hahaha! I was just kidding." Which Seohyun immediately take back - chuckling in amusement.

 

Minguk still continues to pout, staring at the older girl laughing at him.

 

"Aigoo, Minguk-ah." Seohyun stop laughing, as she opened her arms and pulled Minguk into her embrace. The boy hug her back and kissed her cheeks. She smiled and kiss his cheeks. Thy both giggle and slowly let go of each other to resume their keroro play - with Seohyun mimicking Keroro Gunsoo and Minguk mimicking Tamama.

 

The room was filled soon with cute voices from the two. If one could enter the ward, and doesn't know them, they would surely think it's a kindergarten classroom because of how cute are their voices, interacting to one another. Seohyun sure had liked Minguk even more now. Now that someone can literally copy the other Sgt. Frogs. Yoona did not really fail to sneak Minguk into the hospital.

 

 

- * -

 

 

Yoona's eyes momentarily opened when she felt that the car had stopped. She groan and keeps on blinking her eyes, trying to figure out where are they already. Too bad, as what she expect to be the place already, turns out not. They're still in the road and is currently stopping because of a traffic. 

 

"Miss Im, you can have another nap if you want to." Yoochun says, earning her attention right away.

 

"Wae? Are we still far away?" She raised her brows.

 

"Um, probably still 30 minutes -- base on this traffic. It's Holiday ya know, so it's not surprising the road is fully pack." Yoochun explained.

 

Yoona quietly just nod her head and looked outside again. For the nth time, she felt cold when she saw snow falling from the sky again. Though she's in her green scarf, coat, jacket, boots and thick jeans, she felt cold over her spine, just by watching the snow. 

 

"What were you doing in the hospital, though? I thought I couldn't see the daughter of the hospital's owner anymore." Yoochun doesn't exactly know Yoona personally, but base on what he had been hearing about, the girl is having some bad relationship wit her father. "Did something happened?"

 

"Nah, I was only invited by my father to be one of the volunteers. And I agreed to it." said Yoona simply. She took her phone out to kill her time somehow, while the traffic is still there. Since she had to leave her pencil and drawing book in the hospital, the only thing she can do is to kill time, playing some games on her smartphone. She opened a game called 'Temple Run' and began killing her time.

 

"Oh, So I thought I could no longer see the daughter personally." Yoochun says, while his eyes are still on the road.

 

"Did you hear a lot about me?" asked Yoona, eyes not leaving on the game.

 

"Quiet."

 

"Then you must know I hate him?"

 

Yoochun smiled and looked at the doe-eyed girl. He was amuse to see the latter is on the phone, playing some games. "You hate him because of what? If you don't mind me asking. I just know you and your father has no good relationship."

 

"I would rather shut my mouth. But good thing is, we're in good terms now. We eat lunch and eat dinner now." Yoona stated with a brief playful smile towards the Police officer.

 

"Hmm, Okay." Yoochun decided not to push the topic anymore and just put his attention back to the traffic lights. It's still not changing, for some reasons. The Holiday rush for Christmas is indeed true.

 

Yoona on the other hand got bored after 15 minutes of playing one game only over and over again. So she exited the application game and was about to open another one when she changed her mind. Instead, she is scrolling down her contacts. Her mind is searching Seohyun's name, but much to her dismay, she almost forgot the girl has no phone either to even have a number stored in her phone. But nurse Hwang's number came to pass through her fingers, which she immediately thought of calling her instead. 

 

It takes some time before the other answers her call.

 

[Yoona? Why are you calling?]

 

Taking a glance to her wrist watch, the time reads 10 minutes left before 12noon. "Did you send lunch to Seohyun already?" She asked in concern for the girl.

 

[Wow. You seriously concerned only with Seohyun, eh? What about the other patients?]

 

"What? Of course I also do. Okay, have you send the other patients too?" Yoona chuckled for rephrasing her own question. But that also make sense. She has to ask the others too. However, she has to admit that she's more than concern to Seohyun.

 

[Well, too late for you to ask. Anyway, let me ask you something instead.]

 

"I only ask for that. I don't think I can have a chitchat with you, nurse Hwang." Yoona was about to end the call when Tiffany ask her back - something that made her really change her mind from ending the call.

 

[You like her, don't you?]

 

"How can you say, I like her?" A biting of lower lip, Yoona felt like her heart had skip a beat upon asking herself is she do like Seohyun.

 

[You're so caring towards her. You are so sweet towards her. And most of all, your time - instead of spending it with Doctor Im, you're doing it with her. Isn't that enough evidence? Or did I miss something else?]

 

Yoona sighed and somehow ask herself too, 'Do I like Seohyun? Of course, because she's not just pretty and sweet, she's also kind. She's like a gem, just the staffs in the Hospital said so. Of course I like her.. Because I wanna make her happy. Because, I want to always see her smile - make her feel like she has a friend like me... and that she's not alone. Yeah, I'm truly liking the girl as time passes.' An unconscious blush plastered in Yoona's cheeks, as she do admit it to herself. The two days she spent with her is enough for her to like her. But no, she can't yet share it to others. "I think you miss to add that you are just being delusional nurse Hwang. I mean, yes, I like her - but it's not the way as what you're thinking. We're just close enough you know. We-we... are friends in case you don't ever know that. Plus, she's one of the cancer patients. How wouldn't I care for her?"

 

[Chincha? You sounded like denying it only.]

 

"And you sounded like you're so interested with my answer, nurse Hwang. I'm hanging up now. Thanks for letting me know you have send lunch to Seohyun. I really appreciate it. hehe."

 

[Wait-]

 

Yoona quickly ended the call before she can hear more from the young nurse. She has a big grin in her face, as soon as she had cut it off.

 

"Who did you just talk to?" Yoochun curiously asked, as he find it funny how the doe-eyed girl's face turned into like a choding one.

 

"Hmm? Just nurse Hwang." Yoona said and keep her phone inside the pocket of her coat. She just realized they're moving again. "Are we close now to the club?"

 

"Just a couple of streets, and we're there." Yoochun reassured, not minding the answer from the latter.

 

Yoona crossed her arms. "Okay." and lean her back comfortably to her seat.

 

 

- * -

 

 

"Noona, look. It's snowing again."

 

Seohyun who is apparently finishing her lunch was disturbed when she heard Minguk's hyper voice. And then, he's pointing outside. "Whoa... I wish your Yoona Noona is here." she can't help but think of the doe-eyed. The latter hasn't seen a snowflake.

 

"Why? Are you missing her, already?" Minguk had a sad pout. "I'm here, Noona. Yoona Noona told me to take care of you so you won't be bored here."

 

"She really leave some messages to you? She did not for me. But it's okay. She'll be back after all. And she will see snowflakes." Seohyun softly replied. She is quiet upset Yoona did not see the snowflakes. But she's still positive the girl would able to. "But how can she send you here? I thought she doesn't want to bring you here."

 

Minguk went back to the couch so he can continue his own meal as well, before he answers, "She said, you're missing me - So she thought of sending me here and be your personal nurse for the meantime." he cutely flash the older girl a big smile.

 

Seohyun let out a soft chuckle. "Personal nurse? Really? For this day?"

 

"Yes. Yoona Noona said 'Minguk-ah, you must look over Seohyun Noona for me. Otherwise, I'm going to spank you if I will learn you did not do it.'" The young boy mimic Yoona's voice. "I'm afraid of Yoong Noona. I can't fail her." he added with a serious tone.

 

"Are you seriously 4 years old, Minguk-ah? You sounded older than Yoona Noona." Seohyun can't believe what she just heard. 

 

"Noona so bad."

 

"I just can't believe you're telling that to me. But, why would Yoona Noona ask you that, though? I have my nurses here."

 

"I don't know. But she's serious when says that."

 

"Chincha?"

 

Another pout plastered in the younger boy's face. "Noona not believing Minguk?"

 

"I am now. I just almost couldn't believe your Noona is serious. I sometimes see her not. But yeah, of course... she's Doctor Im's daughter after all." Seohyun flashes the little boy a lip-smile before she takes her glass of water and have some of it.

 

Minguk smiled back and decided to shrug it off. He also copied the older girl, from getting his glass of water in the coffee table. He can't help and giggle, as he watches the latter from his seat. It was because of what her Yoona have told him before going in. He can still remember, she had also reminded him that - 'Baby girl is sick, so don't you ever put any headaches on her, Okay?'. The use of the nickname just made him confuse first, but when the latter take back the nickname, he somehow find it cute and funny. But he wonders why his favorite Noona is calling Seohyun 'baby girl'? They're not some couple, right? Because he heard it from his father and mother, calling each other special nicknames.

 

"Minguk? Are you okay?" chuckling softly, Seohyun also looked at the younger boy weirdly.

 

"Of course, Noona."

 

"You say so. But why are you quiet and was staring at me, only? Do you want to say something?"

 

Minguk flashed Seohyun a shy smile as he decided to ask what's in his mind. "Noona... "

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Yoona Noona calling you baby girl, why is that? Are you guys a couple?" Asks Minguk innocently and curiously.

 

"What?" Seohyun exclaimed as heart literally skips a beat again. And there was her stomach one more time, making her feel like the side effect attacks her for the 4th time. She put her hand on her chest and asked Minguk. She's seriously couldn't understand the side effect already. But a couple of seconds later, she was relieved when it disappears.

 

"Yoona Noona is calling you 'baby girl'. That means you guys are a couple right?"

 

"C-Couple? How could you say that, Minguk-ah?" Seohyun stammered. The word 'couple' just seemed surprising for her. Never did she thought the little boy will ask her she and Yoona are a couple. When she knew they're not.

 

"Because Yoona Noona calls you 'baby girl'. Its the same as my parents. I mean, they call each other special nickname. So I thought you guys are a couple. Don't you both like each other? You call her, Yoong, right Noona?"

 

"Yes, I call her Yoong because... She's my friend and I thought it's more than comfortable to call her that. And I think Yoong is calling me 'baby girl' as well because she's comfortable on that. She's sweet, isn't she Minguk? And like? Of course I like her because she's my friend. She's not my enemy." Seohyun giggles as she innocently answers. 

 

Minguk couldn't answer back, as he find himself speechless. For at least a few seconds. "Okay. So not all can actually be a couple. There are some can be friends too?" He had really learn a thing today from the older girl.

 

"I think so?" Seohyun simply smiled and got off of the bed. She pushed gently the rolling table that has her finished lunch in the corner.

 

Seeing that the older girl have finished hers, Minguk opened his mouth big and also finished his. He only have a big fried chicken and rice - so he barely can finish it.

 

"Slow down Minguk-ah. We're not in a hurry, are we?" Seohyun chuckled, amusingly.

 

Right then, the door opens. Tiffany walks in, already smiling to Seohyun. "Finished?"

 

"Yes, nurse Hwang." Seohyun replied. "Thank You." and once again thanking the older girl, smiling back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter