Hiding Feelings

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

13.20 | Hiding Feelings

 

*************************

 

Yoona almost want to jump or squeal in surprise when she felt a tap behind her. But she's glad she's quick to realize it's only her mother, staring at her with a questioning look.

 

"I thought you're going to help me prepare the lunch?" Mrs. Im strictly asked, as she put her hands in her waist. "Why are you peeking your head there? Let them talk peacefully, Yoong."

 

Yoona awkwardly smiled being caught by her mother. "I know. I just can't help it." She rubs the back of her head lightly, as she went back to the kitchen.

 

Mrs. Im peek her head behind the walls to see the Seo siblings are having an emotional confrontation. But mostly, she can see Seohyun talking more than her little brother. Her husband is right when he told her Chanyeol hates his sister. Or maybe, he's just mad? She hoped they could fix whatever is their problem. She let out a sigh of disappointment, seeing and hearing their conversation.

 

"Omma? I thought you're going to help me in the kitchen?" It was Yoona's turn to tap her mother's shoulder, causing for the latter to jump in surprise and almost hit her. She chuckled and headed to the kitchen right away, before her mother could get her ear and drags her forcefully there.

 

Mrs. Im had put her attention back to where she left; cutting carrots, as Yoona is frying the nuggets. She took a glance to her daughter, only to see her smiling on her own. 'She must have really enjoyed volunteering in her father's hospital. Too bad, they didn't get a lot of time to spend each other. But I'm happy seeing her like that. As if, she just really found a new kind of happiness. The Yoona I know is slowly coming back.'

 

"Stop staring at me, Omma. If you want to say something, just tell me straight." Yoona have sense her mother is watching her from behind.

 

"Well, I am just wondering why I just saw your smile like that... did you... did you really enjoyed the hospital?" Mrs. Im curiously asked, smiling on her own in the process.

 

A warm smile formed into Yoona's face as she recalled the few days she spent in the hospital. "5 days and half... I must say, it was enough for me to realize, that there's more life inside the hospital than outside. You know, you really can see that everyone inside values life. Every breath they take are so important to them. It was really painful to see how they're suffering, but you can see the beauty of life through their fighting spirit to live. When they smile... when they laugh... cry... whine... complain... wail... and all of that... it all defines their life. It was such an honor that I get to witness of all these."

 

"No wonder your big smile went back." Mrs. Im concluded, after hearing the kind of words from her daughter she missed for almost a week.

 

'Of course, the one who give me this bigger smile is my baby girl. hehe'. In Yoona's thoughts, while smiling from ear to ear - that her mother couldn't still believe it's happening in the house.

 

"Is Seohyun part of that big smile, Yoong?" Mrs. Im turned her head to her daughter.

 

"Ne?" Which Yoona also turned to face her mother. "H-How can you say so?" She nervously chuckled, returning her attention to the frying pan. Her heart is pounding fast and nervous. Is she obvious? Or what?

 

"Your father told me about your closeness with Seohyun-ssi. So I suppose, she's part of this unusual big smile you're currently wearing. Aigoo, you found a new friend, eh?"

 

Yoona sighed in relief. "Yes, Omma. Hehe."

 

"Good. I thought you wouldn't be friend with her."

 

"That's not happening. She's a good kid."

 

"Yeah, I can see it. I think I will like her too."

 

"Omma should finished cutting those carrots so the rest of the food will be cooked." Yoona turned again to remind her mother. The latter chuckled and do as what she told her. She herself returned to her own work. 'Damn, Omma is noticing my smile have really change a lot. Does this means, I'm not convincing? Tsk,tsk. What shall I do? Hmm... '

 

-

 

It was quiet -- everyone are on their own focus to the delicious meal Mrs. Im and Yoona prepared for everyone. Especially for Mr. Im, who seems to have been missing the cook from his wife. And it was more than special that his daughter also helped her mother. Besides that, he is so happy that he is apparently having lunch with the people he cared the most -- Yoona, Seohyun, Chanyeol and of course, his wife. This is so rare for him and truly he missed this kind of feeling, of being completely happy with the people he loves. But from now on, he would definitely like to continue this kind of lunch, or even breakfast and dinner. Family, it's something that he really missed as a person who had been working.

 

On his right, Mrs. Im - She's almost the same with her husband, happy to see the table is full. As she watches the people around her, enjoying the lunch she made with love, she felt more than happy.

 

In Mrs. Im's left, Yoona - is having a mix of emotions. 'I just wished this a while ago to have lunch with Appa, Hyunnie, Omma and... yes, a bunos Chanyeol. It felt so great to see myself in this situation. Though we're quiet, I can see Appa is smiling from to time. He's also happy like me.' But despite the happiness, she also has a little sadness. 'Hyunnie should have been seated next to me, not next to Appa. Aigoo... Oh well, I'm happy that she's also happy right now. Chanyeol is behaving, though he's not talking ever since we settle in the table. It's a great start - he can adjust sooner or later.' She secretly give Seohyun a glance and smile so lovingly when she saw her eyes twinkle with the food she's eating. It's really adorable to watch her - making her heart flutter likewise.

 

Across Yoona, Chanyeol - he's more than focus on his meal, because after the heart to heart conversation he had with his sister, his stomach just need some attention. He was really hungry, not minding the people around him. To his left, Seohyun, the girl can sense two persons will stare at her from time to time. She senses it's Yoona and her father. But she acted like she doesn't realize it. She ignored all of their stares and continue her silence with her meal. Same with her brother, she really got hungry after she explained everything that happened - everything about that 'adoption papers'. Though she didn't hear a lot from her brother, she hoped she made him understand. It was nice to talk with him again, but it's more than nice she would have hear him more. Nevertheless, it was a good talk. Soon, she knows Chanyeol will accept what happened to their parents. At least, she gets to explain it - and he listens to her.

 

--

 

After Mr. Im bid farewell to go back to the hospital for the meantime, Mrs. Im leads the Seo siblings to their rooms.

 

"Omma, can I ask for something?" However, while they're checking Seohyun's new room first, Yoona voice out about something.

 

"What is it, Yoong?" Mrs. Im raised her brows towards her daughter. Seohyun and Chanyeol's attention have also shifted to her.

 

"I was wondering... if we could change the room Appa assigned to Seohyun. I mean, this isn't only the guest room in the house, right? Why don't we transfer Seohyun's room next to mine?" Yoona suggested with a big grin in her face, looking back to Seohyun and Chanyeol as well.

 

Mrs. Im squint her eyes. "And why do you like to transfer Seohyun next to your room, Yoong?"

 

"She's my friend, I want to... make her feel at home. This is after all her new home too, right?" Yoona reasoned, couldn't think of anything else.

 

"How about Chanyeol?" Mrs. Im added.

 

"Let him choose wherever he wants. We have 6 guests rooms."

 

"I want to transfer next to my sister." Chanyeol suddenly says, in such a low voice. Seohyun looked at him, smiling sweetly. He smiled back, but quickly look down to his lap to hide it.

 

"Then that's even better." Mrs. Im quickly got convince. "What do you say, Seohyun-ssi?" Yet, she can't just also decide for it.

 

Seohyun made a glance to Yoona, who was just standing next to her mother. The latter intently look at her - as if telling her to do good. She giggled at her gazes and open to speak. "I think the idea is also good. I mean, I don't think I can complain. We're just thankful with my brother that you guys are welcoming us, Mrs. Im. I really appreciate this. If I can only repay." She sheepishly ends her sentence. She kind of shy again that she's going to stay from now on in Im Residence. Not to mention, with her brother.

 

"Nah, It's always our pleasure, Seohyun-ssi. What is 5 years of living in the hospital if we will just let you go to somewhere we could not trust, right? Aigoo, come on, let's move now to the new room. Yoong, you bring their luggage to their rooms." Mrs. Im says, as she takes Seohyun's hand and Chanyeol's, leading them out of the room, and leaving Yoona with the luggage's.

 

"Seriously? I can't ask for any maid to help me, Omma?" Yoona complained, but too late - they're already out of the sight. Heck, she heard Seohyun's faint giggle. "She's sure like it." She sighed and decided to comply. After all, it's her idea of transferring Seohyun next to her room. Not to mention, Chanyeol's room will be next to his sister too. "Damn." cursed her, as she started dragging the luggage to the next room. Seohyun has a lot of stuffs, which is why her luggage are really that heavy. But she did not mind at all. This is for her and for her girlfriend.

 

 

--

 

 

After 30 minutes of arranging all his clothes to a closet, Chanyeol finally had a sigh of relief, as he dropped his body on his new comfy bed. He puffs and turned his body to the right, where he can see the balcony.

 

 

While outside, the snow is once again falling from the sky, her thoughts are also slowly flooding with the words he heard from his sister.

 

"Never in a million years I wanted to be adopted by anyone, Channie. It was always been in my mind that I wouldn't like to change my surname because it will always remind about our parents."

 

"That adoption papers aren't final. That was just some files that Doctor Im handed, if ever I want to change my mind. And yes, I never signed it because I was thinking of our parents and you. But I couldn't decline Doctor Im's offer as still be my doctor. He's so professional... and really, such a kind Doctor. And he's the only way for me to recover from this illness. I'm even treating him as my own father now. But of course, nothing beats our father. He's still the best of the best."

 

"I know you're mad right now because I'm one of the reasons why that accident happened. Believe me, I've also blame myself. I did for almost like 3 months. And it was horrible. I was like a dead meat, not responding.... But I realize, nothing will happen if I will continue... blaming myself. Instead, I accepted the fact that... everything happens for a reason. Honestly, What happened serves as a way for me to be stronger, think positive, to fight with my cancer... and to look always forward for a better day. That this is just a cancer. I'm more than stronger than this... Channie, I hope you do the same. I hope you find your heart back to me. I tell you, it's happier if you throw away those hatred and just move on - think for what's ahead of us."

 

"Channie, I miss you so much. Never did I stop thinking of you everyday."

 

"I hope you won't run away anymore. I hope this is going to be a new start for us -- to have a better and strong relationship. I know with us together, we can make it through. I swear, I'm looking forward for more of us. I love you so much dongseng."

 

Chanyeol did not notice, tears are now rolling down his cheeks, as he still continue recalling all the sincere words he heard from his sister. It was unbelievable for him, that he did listen to her, when he planned to ignore all of her explanations. He even planned to run away when she hug him earlier - but something in his heart have manage to make him stay. Something came up to him that he even hug her back.

 

Missing? -- Yes, he definitely had miss her so much. Years of being alone without her, that pushes him to hug her back. He missed her so much as well.

 

Love? -- Of course, he still seems love his sister. And he realized it when he hug her - after so many years of being apart. He can still feel how tight and warm it was when she hug her - he suddenly feels like 4 years old, being hug by his lovable sister. He missed that feeling. He must have really thought more on pain that he forgot about his love for his sister.

 

As time passes, he felt his eyes are getting tired and heavy. He also realized the tears he had been producing. He wiped all of them as he let out a huge yawn. He glanced at the wall clock, and he realized it's already 3pm. 'I need some nap'. And so he did. He pulled his covers under his chin and close eyes, slowly falling asleep in his new comfy bed.

 

Meanwhile, on the next room, Yoona made sure her mother is on their library, busy reading before she decided to knock on Seohyun's door. Ever since she transferred all the luggage to Seohyun's room, which is just next to hers, she never had seen the girl back because her mother drags her to the kitchen again and she was ask to help her bake cookies. Likewise, she did as what she always do. Of course, she wanted to share the cookies to her girlfriend, so here she is... holding the freshly bake cookies, in a plate.

 

"Come in! That's open!"

 

After just 5 seconds, she's finally hearing her girlfriend - her cute voice behind the door. 

 

Opening the door, she peek her head in first and asked - "Can I come in?"

 

"Yoong?" Seohyun is on the carpet on the floor, unwrapping the gifts she receives when she turned her head to the door. "Hey -- Of-Of course. You can come in." She greeted with a big sweet smile.

 

"Wow. You're unwrapping your gifts from the hospital's staffs now?" Yoona walked in carefully, hiding the plate behind her, for the meantime.

 

"Yeah. There are 15 of them. And mostly are keroro stuff toys. Aigoo, they surely likes keroro too." Seohyun replied with a happy smile. Now, her bed is going to be filled with stuff toys, instead of pillows. Thanks to the staffs. 

 

"But there's a Christmas Globe too." Yoona casually sat down next to her girlfriend, with legs crossed. She put the plate of cookies on the floor, to reveal it to her. "Tada~! Made some cookies with Omma."

 

"Whoa~ They're so cute." Seohyun couldn't help it and exclaim, as she find the rilakkuma made cookies to be so adorable. She picked it up and look at it closely. "You made this?"

 

"I just told you. Aigoo." Yoona giggles, pinching her girlfriend's nose lightly.

 

"Oh, why don't we share this to Channie too?" Seohyun however has another idea. "We can't eat all of these ya know." She was about to got up when Yoona held her hand, stopping her to do so.

 

"Let me check on him first. If he's awake and wants to talk us already, Then, let's go to his room - is that okay with you?"

 

Seohyun had a little moment of silence before she nodded her head slowly. Yoona take her answer as a sign to get on her feet again and then she left. Seohyun was left checking on the other gifts.

 

On the next room, Yoona knocked twice loudly. "Chanyeol-ssi? Are you awake?" and also voice out to check if the boy would answer. But much to her dismay, he isn't answering. So she tried to check if the doorknob is lock or not - she found out it's not lock. "Um, I'm walking in." So without further ado, she decided to open the door gently and peek her head behind the door.

 

However, instead of what she expect to be, she was greeted by loud snores coming from the bed. She walked in completely and check if it's really Chanyeol creating that kind of loud snores. She almost laugh out loud when she realized the younger boy's mouth is open, which was the reason why her snore is so loud. "No wonder you are not answering, kiddo." She covered immediately before she could actually let out a loud laugh. She hastily left the room as well, and returned to Seohyun's room.

 

"Unfortunately, your Channie is sleeping soundlessly." Yoona informed, taking her spot next to her girlfriend again.

 

"Oh, he must be so tired, Yoong. But you know what? Today is really the happiest day of my life." Seohyun guessed as she put another keroro stuff toy to her bed. She exhaled tiredly upon unwrapping the 14th gift.

 

"Yeah, And I'm so happy for you too. Um, but... Are you tired too, baby girl?" Yoona tucked Seohyun's hair strands behind her ear.

 

"Yes, quiet." Seohyun lowly answered. She picked up one piece of cookie and feed Yoona instead. "But of course, it's okay. Now that you're here again. How did you sneak in?"

 

"Appa is still in the hospital and will be back tonight only, then, Omma is in the library -- and for sure, she will end up napping. So yeah, I'm confident that we can spend a lot of time together, before everyone could be awake again. Hehe." Yoona grinned, picking up a piece of cookie as well, feeding her girlfriend in the process.

 

"Chincha? But I will be napping also later, Yoongie." Seohyun joke, giggling.

 

"Yah! I know you are so eager to spend time together too! Just don't complain!"

 

"I was just kidding. Of course I do. And I have some suggestions... "

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter