The Wish Rule

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.10 | The Wish Rule

 

Yoona is on her normal day again, inside her painting room, wherein, she can actually express herself. Through paintings, she can really share who is she. Like now, she's painting a girl, a small girl, sitting on a bench in a park while hugging a rilkkuma bear. Next to the bench is a tree. A sakura tree - that the girl always love to see with her family, every time it's Cherry Blossom Season. But since it's winter, Yoona is putting the winter feel all over the sakura tree. Not to mention, the kid's surrounding. It's all full of snow, that the girl in the bench can barely see. Yoona put all of her heart on it. Like the other art she did. She's after all one of the famous artist in the country. 

 

Moments later, Yoona was satisfied with her work. She checks her watch and frown when she just realized it's 10:45am. Her stomach growls and made her groan. But other than that, she forgot to open her shop. Supposedly, she'll open it around 9am. She got too immense on her paint earlier that she forgot.

 

Hurriedly, she went out and quickly rolled up the curtains in every corner of her art shop, then flipped the sign from close to open. A satisfied smile formed in Yoona's lips, looking outside her art gallery shop. Specially when it began snowing outside again. Today must be productive for her, no matter what. Yoona thinks always so positive.

 

So to start it off, she must buy some food first. Its almost lunch time. She can't skip it.

 

"Grilled Salmon Salad... " And since her assistant haven't arrived, she has to call for it and have it deliver in her place. "Beef Pizza and sweet potato fries. Yes, all for one order. Oh, the usual soda. Yeah, Thank You." and with that, she ended the phone call and check on her wrist watch again, it's 11:09am. 

 

Yoona's lips once again formed into a good smile, waiting for it to change to 11:11. Yet, before it can change, her assistant, with her little cousin finally arrived. She crossed her arms and watched them from inside, as they paid for their cab fee. Then, her cousin jogs so excitedly towards her shop, making her step back and wait for the moment he'll enter.

 

"Yoona Noona!!!"

 

Yoona crouch down and welcome the little boy in her embrace. "Whoa, how's weekend Minguk-ah?" she squeezed him with all her might.

 

"He missed you Unnie." Chorong, Yoona's assistant said, as soon as she followed inside too. She's amuse her cousin just literally throw his body to her boss.

 

Pulling back, Minguk stepped back and grab his little backpack on his back, consequently picking up a candy wrapper. "Yesterday, my wish came true Noona. Can I ask my 2nd wish?" He excitedly handed the candy wrapper. He had wrote his wish on it.

 

"What did you wish on it?"

 

"He received a lot of chocolate last night, Unnie."

 

"Chincha?" Yoona chuckles lightly. 

 

"Yes. But can we do it now? I want to have another wish, Noona." Minguk whines, couldn't wait any longer.

 

Checking on her watch, Yoona stared back at Minguk, couldn't believe the latter seems to know it's almost 11:11 now. "Okay, give it." She opened her right palm.

 

Crumpling the candy wrapper, Minguk put it on top of his Noona's palms. His smile is just from ear to ear, as he waited for the time to change. Chorong on the other hand opened his handbag and get the scissor to hand it to her boss.

 

Yoona cut the candy wrapper into square pieces using the scissor. All the pieces are dropping in Minguk's palm. Once it was done, she gathered it back in her hand and once again check for the time. "Close your eyes." There are only 10 seconds left before it changed, so she instructed him.

 

Minguk giggles as he close his eyes. His small hands clasped under his chin. Chorong on the other hand also clasp her two hands, close her eyes and wish for Minguk's wish to come true. 

 

Taking another glance to his wrist watch, Yoona waited and waited until it finally changed to 11:11. She lifted her hand that was the pieces of the wrapper and spread it on his head, saying, "It's Eleven:11 Make a wish, little Minguk." in her soft voice. Her eyes also close in the moment, as The pieces are dropping freely in Minguk's head, as if creating magic for his wish.

 

All three of them are in silent mood for at least 20 seconds, before they decided to open their eyes. Minguk instantly hug his favorite Noona. He squeeze her with all his might.

 

"That's your 2nd wish, Minguk." Yoona reminded. 

 

"I know. But I still have 10 left, right? Like you said?" Minguk innocent says, as he pulled back and kiss Yoona on the cheek.

 

"The 10 left should be brilliant than your first and 2nd, okay? The last wish should be special." again, the doe-eyed reminded. "Coz we only have 12 wishes this Winter, we have to really think of it."

 

"Yes, Noona. But can I still have my 13th wish? And... can I still wish for next year?"

 

"Nope. Coz according to my grandpa, it won't be granted anymore. There's only 12 wishes. Don't take advantage. And, the 12 wishes should be done in a year. It's up to you only when or what year you are going to do it."

 

Again, Minguk hug Yoona and says, "Thank You Noona. My wish is really coming true."

 

"Why are you thanking me? I'm not Santa to grant your wish, Minguk. And its not even me who is granting it." chuckled Yoona, couldn't believe that Minguk is thanking her.

 

"Yah, Minguk-ah. Yoona Unnie still going to work. And I am still going to work. What are you doing?" Chorong says, embarrass since she decided to bring her cousin in her work.

 

"Yeah, your Chorong Noona is right."

 

Complying slowly, Minguk looked up to his cousin and take her hand. Yoona take this as a sign to stand up again. Chorong then bring her cousin inside her office, where she takes calls from clients. 

 

As soon as they have left, Yoona crouch down again to pick up the pieces of the wrapper on the floor. She didn't think twice and brought it to her painting room, wherein, she connected the pieces through a transparent tape. She smiled when she reads Minguk's 2nd wish, 'Big teddy bear'. 

 

Opening her phone, she texted a friend that has stuff toy store.

 

to Suho:

[One big teddy bear, Suho ;)

I'll pick it up tonight.]

 

There's only 5 seconds that passes and Suho replied.

 

Suho:

[$10. Life size white teddy bear.]

 

Yoona was about to reply with Suho's message when she noticed that invitation card on top of her coffee table. She put aside her phone and check the invitation card. She was once again reminded by her father's invitation to spend Holidays in his Hospital. Quiet curious what's inside, she opened it and it's the hospital's invitation. It was being signed by her father as the President and CEO, and his Vice President. It's like a ticket for her to enter the hospital. So she will be allowed.

 

Having no interest of it, she tossed it back to her coffee table and went back to her phone. She replied a simple 'Okay', to Suho. She then picked up the wrapper and put it inside her small jam jar, which had been in her backpack.

 

Just then, she heard a knock on the door.

 

"Come in." She casually got up and take her seat in front of her painting again.

 

Chorong's head peek behind the door. "Unnie, your mother is here." She told her without a doubt.

 

"..." Yoona couldn't able to say a thing. Thus, she stood up and casually left the room.

 

 

 

[Hospital]

 

"Hey, No playing on the snow."

 

That was the last thing that Seohyun heard from Tiffany when she exited the hospital, being pushed by another nurse on her wheelchair. She's wearing a beanie, thick jacket, jeans and thick booths to warm her up. literally opened when she can finally see the snow dropping from the sky. The moment was magnificent. She barely could comprehend that she's now outside. This had been her wish since last year, but due to complications, she wasn't able to see it. Now, is indeed the right time.

 

Her tears are rolling down her cheeks, as she opened her palms and let the snow dropped in her covered hand. "Can I take my gloves off, Nurse Lee?" She so wanted to take it off and feel the coldness of the snow. 

 

"No. Doctor Im said it's not good, Seohyun-ssi." Minho, her nurse as well, declined Seohyun's request. 

 

A sad pout formed instantly in Seohyun's face, after hearing Minho. She looked up and more snow is dropping, but none of drops her face. Minho is covering it for her. "You're so bad, Nurse Lee." She mumbled.

 

"I swear, I want you to also feel the snow too, Seohyun. But Doctor Im firmly stated you can't play with it. You know you are still sick. Once the winter is out, you can start to play. Just don't be stubborn please? It's us who will be scolded you know." Minho sighed. He finally stop pushing Seohyun's wheel chair. As they arrived at the bench. He take a seat to the dry space of the bench while he pulled Seohyun gently closer to him. He made sure nothing from the snow will land her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter