A Promise

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

15.20 | A Promise

 

***

 

 

"Appa, why don't you relax with this?"

 

Mr. Im looked up from his paper to a figure standing by the door. His daughter, Yoona, holding a tray of cookies and a milk. She's already in her pajamas. Seems like ready to go to bed. But she's in her office, sending her cookies and a glass of milk. "Yoong? You're not sleeping yet?"

 

"Oh, I will, later. I just have to send this to you and send Hyunnie to bed." Yoona replied softly, walking into the office. She placed the tray on top of the coffee table and transferred the plate and the glass of milk. She looked up to meet her father's intent gazes. "Wae?" She chuckle lightly.

 

"Hmm, I just thought about the old times." Mr. Im warmly smiled. "Do you remember? I used to bring you cookies in your room while you're doing your project."

 

Yoona nodded, smiling. "Of course." She can't help but also reminisce her childhood. It was so memorable for her. 

 

"And now, you're the one sending this to me. Time flies so fast, isn't it?" Standing on his feet, Mr. Im casually take his seat across his daughter. "And I love this." He additionally said, picking up one piece of cookie, and smiled to his daughter before taking a bite on it.

 

"I'm a big girl now, ist that what you're trying to say, Appa?" Yoona softly replied.

 

Mr. Im had a brief soft chuckle as he nodded, momentarily.

 

"But I'm still your little girl back then. I'm still the Yoong Choding." Yoona giggles.

 

"Yoong Choding indeed. But you've grown up so well, honey. Besides being a choding, I think I can see your serious side. You've matured, I mean. I almost didn't expect you are... well, like a flower." Mr. Im praised. "And I'm glad seeing this."

 

Yoona was flattered by her father's words, that it sends chills down her spine. But, there was still missing in him. He sounds like, he is entirely satisfied about her now. "I'm glad too, Appa. I mean... your words - listening to this - I feel like you're proud of me too." she sighed at the end of her words.

 

"Yoong, I'm always been proud of you. From your passion in art, down to how you still stood in what you believe. You honestly made me realize I had a mistake from going against your dream. Seeing you like this, made me upset a bit. Because I never get the chance to see how you've grown up with your dream. Something that I really have regrets as well."

 

"Appa, then why don't you also... fixed that. Why don't you, let me do whatever I want - it's making me happy after all." Yoona meaningfully uttered, yet, she hoped her father got what she is telling him.

 

Mr Im looked at his daughter, as if caught off guard with the use of words Yoona is using.

 

"Appa, it was you who agreed I've grown up already. And that you're glad to see I'm not always the little choding you know. And you also want to fix whatever we've been fighting for.... If you would only open your eyes more to the other side... I'm only waiting for your approval - I'm only waiting for you to trust me in this. If you're still doubtful, then let me tell you... I'm serious - I'm seriously not going to give up until I got this. Because I know, I'm doing the right thing. I'm not hurting anyone, Am I?" Yoona exhaled, looking into her father's eyes, intently. Trying to convince his father is not easy as it is, because the latter is quiet an unexpected person. However, she hoped, he got her hints.

 

Mr. Im couldn't utter even a single world. All the words his daughter told him hit his heart hard. He couldn't form something to react as he slowly understand his daughter is trying to imply. Everything of it, including the last part just... so true.

 

----

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Mr. Im compose himself back after he recalled the last time he had a night talk with his daughter. All the things his daughter told him were making a sense now. It's so clear, yet he's still this worried. He still couldn't imagine himself, letting Yoona continue her feelings for Seohyun. He made it clear with his wife already.

 

He's a bit confuse though. He wanted everyone to be happy, especially Seohyun and Yoona - but here he was, stopping them due to uncertain things in the future.

 

Well, as he thinks it over -- it was only simple... he only wanted a reassurance. Not by words, but by in action. Once he'll earned this, he would gladly bless the two.

 

*ding*

 

Snapping back to his own tracks, He let out another exhale before walking out the elevator and proceeds to look for his daughter and the others. It didn't take a while and he saw them outside. However, he stops halfway when he caught Yoona, right down on the ground full of snow. He squint his eyes as he watched his daughter is serious creating a big snow ball. Despite the weather, he saw how her sweats are running down from her forehead. And that breathless sound, it made him think back with what Yoona told him the other day.

 

 I'm seriously not going to give up until I got this.

 

It's only seems a snowman, but the way he looked at his daughter, she's as if building something like a house. Like a solid house.

 

That made him keep his eyes more to Yoona, as apparently, he's trying to convince himself that the girl right there, is his daughter. The girl that had told him she had already grown up. Everything from the past flashes back before his eyes - causing for his heart to slightly feel a pang. Seconds later, a single drops in his right eye, which made him quickly wiped that off and he unconsciously turned to where Seohyun and Tiffany are currently sitting. He only got his eyes to Seohyun -- and there's no doubt, she's chanting Yoona's name. When she suddenly smiled, he turned to where Yoona is, and he was correct, she's look at his daughter. He looked back at Seohyun -- The look in her eyes, he just suddenly realized how it was full of love. It's totally different. How can he still deny that?

 

His heart just literally softened, as he slowly… and surely accepting his defeat.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun sitting in her seat is sensing someone is watching her in the corner of her eyes. She tilt her head, only to watch the kind Doctor walking away, going back inside.

 

"Was that, Doctor Im?" Tiffany asked, as she also recognize the back of the middle-aged man.

 

"Y-Yeah... I think."

 

"HYUNNIE-AH! LOOK!"

 

Their attention were both brought back to the front when Yoona's voice echoed so loud. Seohyun giggles when she realized Yoona had put a heart on the body of the snowman, just like in the hospital's park. 

 

"Joohyun! Look at mine!" Minho also finally finished his and wave his hand to catch the girl's attention. Seohyun turned to him and showed him a thumbs up. He looked at Yoona with a smirk, as if telling her he won.

 

"It's just a thumbs up." Yoona snickered, sticking her tongue out towards Minho. 'I have her heart.' At the same time, she confidently told herself at the back of her head.

 

"So which one is better, Joohyun-ah?" Minho raised his voice in asking the young girl. Yoona scoffed when he asked her, couldn't believe she heard it. But she remained her thoughts in.

 

Seohyun stood up from her seat only to -- "Both are so cute and pretty. I don't think I need to choose one." Informed them.

 

"Yeah, I agree with Seohyun here. But if I were to ask, I'll choose Yoona's heart snowman. Minho, your star snowman is cute too. But its kind of messy with some stones on the snowman's body. Whereas Yoona's, its just simple. But the heart tells it all how she enjoyed making it for Seohyun." Tiffany also voice out her thoughts.

 

"Oh, I didn't noticed." Yoona stepped closer to Minho's snowman next to hers and notice finally the stones. It was being place in both sides of the snowman. "The stone seems cool for me." 

 

Minho sighed disappointingly with Tiffany's comment. He shrugs and headed back to their table. Yoona followed suit, wearing such a bright victory smiled. All of her efforts to make the snowman paid off with Tiffany's comment favoring over her.

 

 

---

 

 

As what Seohyun had request, she really made Yoona walk with her with the others as well. She did not just even walk side by side with her through the snow ground, she's linking her arm with hers - while she let Nurse Lee and the rest walk side by side. 

 

Yoona's the happiest deer. Though she can't help but felt a bit uneasy because of Minho's constant intense glare, she's happy showing this to them. She thinks it's not bad at all. They are close friends after all.

 

"Can I play with the snow now?" Getting used with the ground she'd been walking, Seohyun cam to a halt as she cutely requested Yoona, and then turned to Minho. However, both have shake their heads.

 

"Not yet. Perhaps, tomorrow, Joohyun."

 

"At least, you're now getting used to the quiet slippery ground, right?" Yoona additionally said after Minho. They're like scolding the younger girl with their serious face on her.

 

But out of a sudden, a flying snowball hits Yoona on the forehead - all three of them turned to where it came from.

 

"Wanna play snowball guys?" It was Chanyeol, asking excitedly for the others to play with him. He did not hesitate and throw another one, towards Yoona. Too bad, the doe-eyed avoided it. "Oops, I miss it. Hehehehe." 

 

"YAHHHH!!! KIDDOO!!!" Yoona's mood literally swings, as she rushed onto the younger boy - and the latter runs away. She lowered herself and grab some snow - throwing it to Chanyeol. She keeps doing it until the boy is taking his revenge.   

 

Seohyun and Tiffany chuckles in amusement. Minho however was a bit surprised with Yoona's actions. He find it really childish, playing with someone younger with him.

 

"Nurse Lee, Please? I will eventually have my medicine again later after playing with the snow." Seohyun pouted, showing how desperate she is to play with Yoona and her brother.

 

"Hmm, I don't think it's a bad idea. What do you think, Nurse Lee?" Tiffany agreed with Seohyun. Seeing how eager is the younger girl now, makes her want to see how will she play happily like a kid. She wanna see it, so bad too.

 

Minho wanted to ponder over the request. However, there are two girls asking for his permission. So in the end, he was defeated. "Fine. Just don't get hit, Joohyun. Avoid all the attacks."

 

"Chincha? Oh my!!! Thank You, Nurse Lee!!!" Out of joy, Seohyun jumps and hugs the tall nurse for quiet a little while before she let go and brightly smiled at him, showing his pure happiness. Then, he runs to where Yoona and Chanyeol are throwing snowballs towards each other. Yoona almost throw the snowball to Seohyun when she suddenly pup out next to her.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Yoona turned her head behind, as she saw Tiffany giving her a thumbs up. She looked back to Seohyun, only to put the snowball on top of her head. "There, Happy Holidays, Hyunnie!" snickered her.

 

Grabbing the snowball on top of her head, Seohyun throws it to her girlfriend's chest. And with that cue, Chanyeol who was just 10 steps away throw one to them - yet Yoona was fast from blocking it - before it could reach her girlfriend. She then take her revenge and throw a lot towards the young boy. Seohyun also helped the doe-eyed. Basically, it's 2 vs. 1. Poor Chanyeol have to avoid a lot of their attacks while shouting out of complain.

 

Seohyun also can't avoid and squeal, scream and laugh, as they continue playing around. Small and big snowballs are flying around their place.

 

Tiffany and Minho are both smiling, couldn't almost believe that Seohyun, Yoona and Chanyeol are old enough to play with the snow. The happiness is really there. Especially Seohyun, who finally had this freedom to play. It's almost like it's her first time. Maybe, first time after leaving the hospital.

 

Suddenly, one little boy is running towards Yoona, Seohyun and Chanyeol, shouting, "YOONA NOONAAAA, SEOHYUN NOONA!!!"

 

"Who was that?" Minho asked, haven't seen the boy.

 

"Minguk, Yoona's friend." Tiffany giggles in response to Minho. The little boy is hugging Yoona and Seohyun already, in front of them. Both girls are so happy meeting Minguk again. "He's such a cutie. And they're so cute together."

 

"Seriously? Yoona is like a kid." Minho commented, almost want to laugh, but he ends up smiling and Tiffany gives him a weird look. "Well, I just thought she's really that serious. You know, she was being rumored to be a rebel daughter."

 

"Yeah, heard that too. But never really believed it."

 

"Oh, kind of believed it." Minho said in a low voice, a bit shy to admit.

 

"Not surprising." A soft chuckle left Tiffany's mouth. "You looked like you're competing with her."

 

"What? I'm not competing. I just want to show I can do really good for her too. You know that! I've been her nurse, for years you know!" Minho can't help but be defensive with Tiffany's accusation.

 

"And I'm pretty sure Seohyun knew you are. Geez, you don't have to deny it. You're obviously threatened now that Seohyun is so close with Yoona." Tiffany teased a bit, grinning in the process.

 

"Whatever you say, I'm not competing. I just care about Seohyun. And that would never change."

 

"Yeah? It was you who said that you want to court her? So what? That will never change?"

 

Minho rolled his eyes, out of annoyance. He couldn't take standing with Tiffany anymore and joined the others -- only to be hit on the face, almost making him fall on the ground. But it seriously made her stop and close her eyes tight due to the impact.

 

"Oops, S-Sorry, Nurse Lee." It was Seohyun who accidentally throws her snowball to the other side. She stepped forward to somehow check on the tall nurse, but Yoona blocked her with her one arm, making her stop with her plan.

 

"I'll check on him." says Yoona, as she approaches Minho rather. "Are you okay? I think that wasn't that hard."

 

Minho is busy wiping off the snow on her face when he heard Yoona's voice. He slowly opened his eyes and was met by the latter's concerned look. Seohyun is also behind, worriedly looking at him. "I'm perfectly fine." He said with a genuine smile, to Seohyun first then to Yoona.

 

"Cool. Are we going to build a castle now?" Chanyeol's hyper childish voice echoed again, which made all of them chuckle incredulously.

 

---

 

Minho sighed in relief - finding himself finally next to Seohyun, as they all ride the resort's cable car. At the back, there was Yoona and Minguk, then Chanyeol and Tiffany. It's pretty obvious for him now - when Yoona asked Seohyun to be her partner earlier. He's glad he was fast enough to ask her and the girl choose him.

 

"The view up here is really magnificent." He softly uttered, mesmerized by the mountains from afar - covered by snow. He reached for Seohyun's scarf and fixed it a little. 

 

"Nurse Lee… " After a moment of silence, Seohyun broke her silence.

 

"Hmm?" Minho simply hummed.

 

"Thank You." A sincere smile creeps Seohyun's face, looking into the older boy's eyes.

 

"For doing this?"

 

"Yes."

 

"You know it's always my pleasure."

 

Seohyun slightly tilt her head behind, only to see Yoona is smiling at her. "And, thanks for treating Yoona well too." She additionally says, as she looked back at the nurse.

 

Minho tilt his head as well, making him sigh and uttered, "You're her friend and She's Doctor Im's daughter. Why would I treat her bad, right?" he also reached for the younger girl's beanie and quietly fixes it. Making sure she's warm enough.

 

"Also, I wanna tell you something... " Seohyun pause as she remind herself for what she's about to say. It suddenly made her concern over the nurse, but she hoped it's going to be good. He's like her brother after all for him. And she thought, she needed some advice from him so she and Yoona can able to decide what's best for them.

 

Minho just raised his brows, as he wait for Seohyun to continue her words.

 

"Yoona... " Again, Seohyun had to pause, glancing over Yoona behind. Yoona can be seen talking with Minguk with all smiles. She smiled at the sight before returning her attention to Minho. She let out and audible sigh and open to speak. "... And I... "

 

"What?" Minho simply uttered. He still has no idea. And nothing will came into his brain no matter what. He just really need a continuation for the girl's words.

 

Biting a little her lower lip, Seohyun is also fidgetting with her fingers as she decided to dropped it. "Yoona and I... we're now a couple."

 

"What?!" Quickly causing for Minho to raised his voice, out of surprised. "C-Come again? I didn't get it." yet, he wanted to hear it again - so he can understand clearly. But his heart had say, Seohyun is saying she and that childish girl is now a couple - dating precisely.

 

"Nurse Lee... I and Yoona are now, dating. We started this a week ago. I don't want to cause any mess up here, but I hope you support us too. I mean, I and Yoona are hiding our relationship for the meantime because Doctor Im seems not... not okay with this, yet. Honestly, he doesn't know yet... but base on his reactions every time we're so close to each other, I kind of notice, he is against to this. I am telling this to you because... I want to ask for some advice. You know Doctor Im as well. But I don't know on how to fix this matter with him. I seriously don't want to hurt anyone here, but I think someone will be hurt if we reveal this to the others - especially Yoona's father."

 

'Yeah, you just hurt me now, Hyun.' In Minho's head when all the information have finally reach his brain and so his... now broken heart. He wanted to confess as well, but it seems too late. It's all now crashing down with Seohyun's honest confessions towards him. He looked at Yoona at the back, and felt more the pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter