2nd Wish

A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6.10 | 2nd Wish

 

Groaning, Seohyun's eyes fluttered open slowly but surely. Until she had the clear visions of her surroundings, she was convinced that indeed fall asleep. Fell asleep in Yoona's arms because of what she learned about her brother.

 

However, it seems that falling asleep didn't help her. She can still feel her heavy heart, her weak body, and apparently, her head is throbbing. 

 

Tears flowing down unconsciously from her eyes, as soon as her mind recalls what she saw on the picture and the current situation her brother is facing. She trembles in fear and silently, she sobs. She covered to prevent from getting heard. But it's too late for her. She did not notice, Tiffany is in the couch. As soon as she heard her soft sobs, the girl rush to her side.

 

"Hyun, what's wrong? Shshshs... " Tiffany pulled her for a comforting embrace. "Don't think about it. We'll get to see him soon. Please don't cry anymore. Please don't be too stress about it... " she can't control herself and also tear up. The moment they have been waiting for, in finding Chanyeol has come, but it turns so bad. She felt so sorry for her.

 

-

 

It took another hour before Seohyun could completely calm down. Thanks to Tiffany's constant comfort, she was able to do so. And that pill the girl gave to calm her down.

 

"Where's Yoona nurse Hwang?" But at some point, Seohyun missed the doe-eyed girl who were there for her earlier.

 

Tiffany carefully place Seohyun's dextrose on the handle before she turned to the latter. "She's apparently with Doctor Im."

 

"She told him?" Seohyun weakly replied. 

 

"It looks like." Tiffany take her seat at edge of Seohyun's bed. "I've seen Doctor Im's private police entering the Hospital. I guess they're now in discussions about the three guys earlier and finding Chanyeol."

 

"Oh. So I wonder how many hours now ever since I fell asleep?" Seohyun felt like she had sleep a lot that she missed about Doctor Im's police.

 

"5 hours?"

 

"And how many hours since Yoona went to talk to her father?" Seohyun additionally sad.

 

Tiffany chuckled. "I think 2 hours only. She was here earlier before you have woke up."

 

A sigh escape Seohyun's mouth. She purse her lips and turned her head to the window.

 

"Don't worry. We'll find him soon." Tiffany softly uttered, reaching for Seohyun's hand. She gently held her in the process.

 

"But I doubt if we can still solve his debt. If he is hiding from those guys, I'm pretty sure he has no money pay them. 100 thousand is big, nurse Hwang. How can I get that amount of money? I'm stuck here." Seohyun whined briefly. She has nothing except for her cancer that is even making her worse. She felt so helpless.

 

"I know how you feel Joohyun. I understand. But... You have to be rather grateful. Because you have Doctor Im and his family. They got you back."

 

Seohyun turned to face Tiffany. "Which I'm feeling so shy now. I can't take their kindness for granted anymore. It should be solving this. This is because of me as well. If not with this cancer. If not with the accident, my brother will be like this. This is all because of me, you know. Why is this even happening? I seriously don't understand nurse Hwang. I feel like, I'm the most unlucky person on earth."

 

"Listen, for you to feel fair with them, why don't you help yourself instead. I mean, don't get too stress. It will worsen your condition. And you know, if you do this? Doctor Im would be so happy. Your new friend Yoona would more be happy." Tiffany softly uttered, as she hope the younger girl understands what she means. "Just hold on there... they would be glad seeing it."

 

Seohyun smiled, a little. She truly understands it - but still, it's hard to accept. Especially that she's bringing another trouble to the Im. "I'm grateful... I'm grateful they're with by my side but... "

 

"Hyun, stop it. Okay? I just want you to know that it's their decision to help you. And I think, no one have wanted this to happen. We'll get this through. Okay?"

 

Seohyun could simply nodded, in agreement. That's all she can do after all. She would forever be grateful to the Ims. How can she repay them? 

 

"Smile. Just always smile and focus on your therapy. I think that's the greatest thing to repay Doctor Im's kindness. Not to mention, Yoona." as if Tiffany heard Seohyun's thoughts, she reminds her to always smile.

 

"Chincha?" 

 

"Yes. So please, don't be too sad. It will make them sad too, Hyun. Your smile is so pretty, Don't you know that?" Tiffany reach for Seohyun's hair and tuck it behind her ears. She sweetly smiled at her, asking for her to do the same. 

 

Seohyun smiled, but it came as a smile shy.

 

"See? Does it feel you good?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun replied, and sighed. It somehow felt good indeed. But the thoughts about Chanyeol still lingers her mind. She can't stop it right away. 

 

"Anyway, since Yoona won't able to send your dinner... I'll get it myself. Don't move from your bed."

 

"My body is weak, How can I?" Seohyun stated fact. She wanted to stay in the bed instead of moving. Stressing about her brother definitely affects her.

 

"I'm just reminding you. You're stubborn sometimes. Doctor Im or Yoona might check on you later. I'll comeback very quick. Hmm?"

 

"Thank You, nurse Hwang."

 

"No problem, Hyun. Likewise?" Tiffany giggles and give Seohyun's cheeks a caress. The latter smiled at her, warmly. "We love you. Please always remember. Hmm?" She softly uttered before she stood up and casually left.

 

Seohyun slide down her body and let out a sigh again. Turning her head to the window, she somehow smiled again when a snowflake suddenly caught her eyes. Just on time she looked outside. She can't help but think about Chanyeol with how cold is the weather today. 'Channie-ah... where are you? What have you done to yourself? I'm sorry, Noona is not a good sister to you. I hope you're in a good condition. Keep yourself warm. Eat always... but... Please, come back now. I miss you so much. I love you so much, Dongseng.'

 

 

-❅-

 

 

"No one is answering."

 

Yoona take the picture of Chanyeol again, after the police have called the number, that was behind of it. She was a bit late to notice a number behind the picture when the police ask for Chanyeol's current face. "If no one is answering, then that means... none of those three boys earlier own this number? Because for sure it's from them, they would answer." Yoona guesses.

 

"I have no idea as well. But let's somehow trace this number. I'll send the number to my friend." The Police said, as he turned his attention to his phone.

 

Doctor Im who was on his seat ever since the discussion about Chanyeol started, got up and took the picture of Chanyeol from his daughter. It was too different from the last time he saw him. The bruises and the eye-bugs under his eyes, just means Chanyeol had been not to himself. "This kiddo." muttered him under his breath.

 

"Appa, When you first saw him - is he like this already?" Yoona stood up from her seat and stand next to her father.

 

"No. He's such a bright boy Yoona. But I don't think he is still like that now. Look how he is like ruining his life. We need to find him before he could completely do it."

 

"But where? And Appa, He seems running away from that gangster."

 

"Of course. Who wouldn't? He had debt them a big amount he can not ever pay back." Doctor Im sighed heavily. He's too disappointed, imagining Chanyeol at the moment.

 

Yoona put her finger under her chin, as she thinks quietly on her own - more like thinking on how to get the money in three days. Coz for her, they can not find Chanyeol in three days, but she thinks she can get money in three days. She has bank account after all. She can help about it. Whilst, her father took her phone out and tried to call the number as well.  

 

"The number seems registered to a girl named... Sunny?" 

 

"What? How'd you know?" Yoona immediately stop her thoughts and immediately swift her attention to Mr. Park Yoochun - The private police officer her father have hired. Now that they have the lead, the latter seems excited to catch Chanyeol.

 

"My Friend just sent me the profile of the current owner of that number. And guess what?" Yoochun shows his phone to Yoona and her father. "She's working in a club. That famous Tokyo Club in the city, where most celebrities hang out."

 

"Does she know about Chanyeol?" wonders Doctor Im.

 

"How is she related to Chanyeol?" Yoona additionally questioned.

 

"Well, that's for me to find out. For now, Miss Im, you know how to draw right?" Yoochun says, as she change the topic casually.

 

"I want to go too, Officer Park."

 

"Yoona, No. You stay here. Let Officer Park handle this." Doctor Im instantly argued with his daughter's plan.

 

"It would have been great if I will also help. I can't take seeing Seohyun so sad here, doing nothing for her." Yoona somehow doesn't want to just stay. "I want to help."

 

"Miss Im, I think your father is correct. I can handle this. I just want you to draw those boys' faces earlier. Can you do it for me?" Yoochun agreed with Doctor Im. "I need their faces, so I can also include them in leading to where Chanyeol is."

 

Yoona sighed in defeat. She take her seat back and grab the paper and pen on her father's desk. "I'm still going though." mumbles her, as she quietly began sketching the face of that J-Hope. She recalled how does he looks like through her mind, and draw him eventually. Doctor Im and his private police stood behind her, watching her in silence.

 

Yoona did not also drew J-Hope, she did  also to the two boys he's with, which is taking him for quiet a moment. Until she's done, she gave it to Officer Park.

 

"They'll be back in 3 days to get money." She additionally informed him.

 

"Don't give them the money if we can't yet find Chanyeol. There are possibilities that it's not that big amount, and they're just trolling us. We need a full details about this straight to Chanyeol. We can't trust them yet." Yoochun advised, as he keep the drawing of the three boys.

 

"So... we have to wait first before giving the money?" Yoona asked. "What if... they will hurt Seohyun if we can't give the money in 3 days?"

 

"I've already ask the security to tighten their guard around the Hospital. They can't hurt her, I assure you that, Yoona." Doctor Im patted his daughter's shoulder.

 

"Okay. But I won't still stay here without doing anything. I'm going tomorrow with you, Officer Park." Yoona still insist. If that means she's helping Seohyun, then she would gladly do it. "Please? Just allow me, Appa."

 

Yoochun and Doctor Im looked at each other. Both have nodded their heads in agreement.

 

Yoona almost want to jump in joy,  if  Yoochun did not talk.

 

"In one condition."

 

Yoona eagerly nodded. "What is it?"

 

"You must follow the protocol." Yoochun says firmly.

 

"Sure. Just allow me to go with you Officer Park. I wouldn't mind for any protocol." A big smile plastered Yoona's face. She got excited already.

 

"I will discuss to you the protocol tomorrow. For now, rest. And het your body ready for tomorrow. Understood?"

 

Yoona playfully saluted. "Sir Yes, Sir." Earning a chuckle from her father and Yoochun himself. She grinned and blushes. But for Seohyun, she doesn't mind at all. She told herself to take care of Seohyun ever since she knew about her being an orphan. This is another way to show how much she's sincere over the girl. Like she said, she's her friend. And a friend doesn't have to fail another friend. 

 

 

-❅-

 

 

Upon arriving in front of Seohyun's ward, Yoona almost jumps in surprise when the door opens and Tiffany walked out, smiling at her immediately.

 

"Is she still up?" She asks to confirm and politely.

 

"She's having her dinner. Go and check her out." Tifany quickly made a way for Yoona. But can't help it and teasingly smile at the girl.

 

"Err... What's with the smile?" Yoona reluctantly walked in. But almost stumble when Tiffany pushed her in and close the door immediately. 

 

"Yoong!" Seohyun greeted with a big smile, unlike earlier. She had gain some strength already after eating half of her dinner "Have you eaten dinner?"

 

Yoona smiled back and shake her head truthfully. She took a seat to the chair next to her bed. "You. Why so late?"

 

"I woke up late. You. Why aren't you eating dinner yet?" Seohyun retorted, earning a sheepish grin from the latter. "You just ended your meeting with your father?"

 

"Yeah, quiet." Yoona sighed. "But we have the lead now about your brother, Hyun. Which is a good news."

 

Seohyun quietly put her spoon next to her plate upon hearing about her brother. "I'm sorry."

 

"Why?" Yoona frowned.

 

"Because... I'm bothering you. You and your father." Seohyun looked down. She has no more face to face Yoona. Not just Doctor Im.

 

"Just when did my father decided to start searching for your brother? It's been years, right? No need to be shy. No need to feel sorry. And no need to feel that you're not helping." Yoona reminded. She reached for Seohyun's chin and make her face her. "Now that we have the lead, no need to feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter