Jessica: 9

Hollow

Yuri texted me if I'm really not gonna attend Yoona's wedding. As much as I would love to, I can't. I need to focus on the business. But I promised then that when I get back, we'll go on a trip together, and I'll pay for everything. From the travelling expenses, food, accommodation, everything. Even if it would cost me much. 

 

Fortunately, they allowed me to just do that instead. I went to California with Kris, and for the whole week, we did nothing but look at chairs, tables, desks, anything that is considered a furniture and can be used in the business I am gonna open soon. I have contacted one of the furniture owners that I am interested in having them do my furnitures, and I am only waiting for their call back.

 

Apparently, Kris will be opening a new business with his cousin. And she's still new to the business, so he'll manage it. I'm just surprised, though. Because he's opening a very small-scale business, but his family owns chains of hotels, resorts, and malls. It's so unlike him to open something that won't be able to help the hotels, resorts, malls and whatever else they owned. But maybe this is a preparation for his cousin, Seulgi.

 

I've met her once or twice, but compared to Seohyun, Seulgi seems to like me for Kris. Well, that's better than no one, right? Aside from Seohyun and Seulgi, I've also met Kris' mom once. It was in a charity event that I attended with my dad. She seems close with my dad, and she looked at me like she likes me, so I do hope that when I meet her again, I make a solid good impression.

 

I am eating alone because Kris needed to go home for the planning of their coffee shop. I'm fine with it, though. I looked through my facebook and saw the photos they took during Yoona's pre-nuptial preparations. I posted a comment on how jealous I am, and of course, Yuri is ing about how I should go home. To be honest, I want to be there. Should I just go home, though?

 

I booked a flight to Korea. My flight will be tonight, at 9 pm. Should I just call my brother? Maybe I should just surprise them. Besides, I can't let Edison tell Yoona or Yuri. Apparently, Victoria became friends with Yoona, and invited her to the wedding. I packed some of my stuff, and slept for a couple of hours before dining in a restaurant, and go back home.

 

I sat on first class, and I am so glad I chose to sit here. I normally don't like sitting here, but today, I'll make an exception. I looked around, and saw that most of the people in this area are really old. Must be businessmen. Fortunately, I don't know anyone here. I just hope nobody recognizes me, as well. I slept. But for some reason, it feels like someone is watching me, so even though I hate to do it, I opened my eyes, and saw the male flight attendant staring at me intently. I gave him a questioning look.

 

"Yes? Do you need anything?" I asked him, trying not to sound intimidating, but I guess I am.

"Uhm... I thought you fainted, miss. You were not moving for 12 hours, and my fellow flight attendant was worried. So I checked..."

"No," I said and sat straight. "I was sleeping." I smiled at him, and finally, he loosened up.

"Okay, miss. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. If you ever need anything, we'll be here to assist you."

"Actually, can I order breakfast?" I said, and he just nodded. I kind of find it rude, but then again, I'm too tired to complain. He took my order and went back with a tray full of food I asked for.

 

I ate the bacon and eggs. I looked around, and the businessmen around me were sleeping, or drinking wine with their fellow businessmen. So I was the only one that slept a lot. I probably looked like an idiot, though.

 

When the plane landed, I quickly got my stuff and rode a cab to our house. I'm gonna see if Alice and Dad are home. Of course, I need to see my brother, too. When I got home, the house was still the same. The maids came rushing to get my stuff to my room, and I thanked them. I asked the butler if dad and Alice are home from the trip.

 

"Yes, Miss Jessica. But unfortunately, they left an hour upon your arrival in the mansion." He said, and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said and went to my room.

 

Well, it's still the same. The walls are still pink, the bed is still lavender, and the lamp is still off. I lied on my bed, and turned the A/C on. The smell is a bit moldy though, because I instructed the maids not to come into my room unless I tell them to. I guess now's the perfect time. I called the phone downstairs, and I told them to have the A/C cleaned while I sleep in Edison's bedroom.

 

I lied on his bed, then I remembered what he did here. They probably changed the bed sheet. I lied and looked at the photo on his bedside table. It was a picture of the three of us when he graduated in high school. It was the last picture we took. Dad was already too busy at that time, so he didn't make it in time. But he still struggled to be with us. I appreciated that, and I know that Edison did, too.

 

I remember how mom baked that blueberry cheesecake for Edison. I refused to eat it, though. I am not fond of sweets. And Edison and I are completely opposites. We even thought dad was extremely busy with the business. When we got home, all of Edison's friends were already at home. Dad planned a surprise for Edison, and I swear, my brother is such a cry baby. He hugged dad, and mom and I joined in.

 

I was closer with mom, and Edison and dad were really close. But when mom died, and dad married Alice, Edison grew apart with dad. Dad explained the situation to me first because I was the eldest. I understood, but when I try to explain it to Edison, he would shut me up and leave. Ever since mom died, he went back to clubbing. And I had the routine to pick him up when it's too late, or he's too drunk.

 

I know Edison will understand this situation. I think I'll need Victoria's help on this one, though. Right now, he's a slave to her, even if he won't admit it. Edison loves her, but isn't it ironic? I'm dating Victoria's ex, and my brother is dating Kris' ex. The world is wide, but it feels so small. I can't help but feel insecure about everything. Especially because I know Kris haven't fully moved on, yet.

 

My phone rang, so I took a look at who was calling. It's Kris. "Hello?" I answered.

"Jessica, can we talk?" This is scary.

"We're talking." I said.

"No, I mean... Where are you? Are you still in California?"

"No, I already went home." I said and sighed. "I'll surprise Yoona."

"Can we meet up, then?" He said and, for some reason, I smiled bitterly.

"Sure."