Jessica: 11

Hollow

Apparently, Edison texted Yuri to visit me. And she came in so early. It's just 6 AM, and she's already here, nagging me about how I never told her I'm home, how I got into an accident, and I should be careful. If she wasn't my best friend, I'd nag her, too.

 

"Okay, stop. I'm sick!" I said, and she just sighed.

"If you're not gonna be careful, who knows what will happen to you!?" She said and held my arm. "I missed you ."

I just chuckled. "I missed you too."

"Now, I'm not gonna tell Yoona about this. We'll just tell her after her wedding."a "Okay, okay. I get it. Can you please buy me a whole pizza? You know, my favorite?"

I saw Yuri roll her eyes. "Whatever. I'll just have it delivered or something."

"Anyway..." I said and stared at her. "How's Sulli?"

Her smile faded, and she looked away. "She's... fine."

"Really?" I asked her skeptically.

"Okay... Something's going on with her and Minho." She said, and I'm not even surprised. "And I'm trying to stop them, okay?"

"They're already old enough, Yuri. Don't meddle with their business." I said, and she just closed her eyes, like she's frustrated with everything.

"I know... But I love them both. I can't just let them ruin themselves. I'll meddle while I can." She said and sighed.

 

I know where she is coming from. The three of them grew up together, and she feels responsible for the both of them. I know Yuri can be a mean girl, but she's really just trying to help. I also know for a fact that even though Sulli is the adopted one, she still feels like an outcast because she's an illegitimate child. Only Minho is a true-blooded Choi, and that must hurt Yuri a lot.

 

She loves them both, so I know she'll come around. She just needs time to absorb all of this. It's been a year since she told me about how she's keeping an eye for Sulli and Minho. They've go out together too much, and even Sulli would leave from her date with Seunghyun just to be with Minho. I know because I was there when Yuri and I confirmed that they were indeed in a relationship. Or at least how it looked to us.

 

"Anyway," I said, and Yuri faced me. "Remember when we met in New York?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I saw Seunghyun." I said, and she nodded. "How can a teacher go to trips like that?"

"You know it's just a front, right?" She said, and I sighed. "Anyway, Sulli and Seunghyun are still together, so it's still covered."

"Yuri..." I said, and she gave me an intense look. "I am telling you this because you're my best friend. Seunghyun kissed me." And again, I could see no surprise from her. "He's a well-known playboy. You can't hide their relationship forever."

"I know... but I can't let them oust Minho!"

"And you can't protect them forever. You have to choose sooner or later."

"I can defy anyone for them. Truly, Jessica..." She said and I smiled. "I can manipulate anyone into doing what I want just to protect my cousins."

"I know..." I said and held her hand. "I know."

 

-

 

Yuri left after an hour, and here I am again, alone. I know they never told Kris about this, but I miss him. And I really feel like an idiot for what I did. 

 

Someone opened the door, and I was so shocked by how loud that person was! But when ran towards me, I was more surprised. Why is he here? I pushed him away, right? He hugged me, not too tight, but I hugged him even tighter. We stayed like that for a good amount of time. I don't want this to end yet. I don't know what to say.

 

"I missed you so much..." He said as I felt tears fall on my back. He let go of me and kissed my forehead. "What did you do?"

"I was wrong, Kris..." I said and held him tighter. "I can't let you go!"

"I'm sorry..." He said and kissed my cheeks. "I'm really sorry."

 

I just nodded, and I wiped his tears away. I kissed his hand and held it tight. I missed him so much. I love him so much! I don't want us to part, and it was wrong for me to think that I'll be alright. But what if he will never love me like how he loved Victoria? Wouldn't that be unfair for the both of us?

 

After a few minutes, I saw him smile at me. He pinched my cheeks, and kissed my chin. I smiled at him and playfully punched his arm. He bit my finger and I just laughed at how stupid we must look right now.

 

"So... You can't live without me?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said and pinched his nose.

"But seriously..." He said, and the smile on my face faded. "Why did you do that?"

"It's not like I wanted that to happen." I said and frowned. "I was crying, so my vision was blurry."

"Not that!" He said, and I think I get what he meant by that. I just needed a confirmation. "Why did you say those words?"

"I thought you were gonna break up with me." I said honestly and looked away. "I wanted to keep my pride."

He was silent for a minute, then laughed out loud. "I can't believe that's your reason! You!?"

"Stop it!"

"Out of all people? I promised you, right? We'll take this slow." He said, and I nodded. "Then, we'll take it slow."

"And what were you supposed to say at that time?" I said, and he just bit his lip.

"I wanted to do something crazy at that time by going on a trip to a different country without bringing too much stuff."

"What?"

"I wanted us to be in Hong Kong for a week. Just relax, unwind, but then I thought it was a wrong timing because you were supposed to attend your best friend's wedding, so I thought about having you sleep in my place instead. You know... to plan a vacation."

"And I was crazy to break up with you!?" I said and covered my face. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!"

"That's okay now. Now that we both know each other's side." He said and kissed my hand. "So, still up for it?"

"Maybe after Yoona's wedding." I said, and he nodded.

 

-

 

Heyyyy! So sorry for the long hold! I was so busy because first, I had a job, and second, I never had a lot of time to write. So I just started writing again today, and finally, I finished it! I'm still waiting for our schedule to be finalized, but until then, I'll post random updates. Whenever I'm available, or whenever I feel like it. I'm really sorry for this, though. :) Enjoy.