Jessica: 4

Hollow

Alice just checked on me and talked about their vacation. Luckily, she didn't call or anything. I'd be really annoyed if she did. I set up an alarm and went back to my comfortable position. Hopefully, I wake up as soon as the alarm goes on.

 

I woke up, and saw that I only slept for 2 hours. Whatever. I'll just order room service. I called the stylist and she said she'll be here after an hour. My food arrived, and I the tv to watch some shows. I left it on while I'm eating and texting Alice about my plan to stay here in America for probably 2 months. I instead got a call from her, so I answered it and turn it to loud speaker.

 

"2 months in America? Why?" Alice's voice got me first.

"Well, you know how I planned about the restaurant, right?" I said and bit my pizza. "I have to look for inspirations for the restaurant. It can't just be about Seoul, right?"

"Hmmm. You've got a point. But where will you go?"

"After the events I'm gonna attend here in New York, I guess I'll go to San Francisco or Las Vegas. I don't know. I haven't decided yet."

"Well, if you need anything, you can call us, or your brother." She said and even though she can't see me, I nodded. "I gotta go. We're going back to Korea tomorrow. Want anything? I'm gonna go shopping today."

"Yes, the usual, Alice." I said, and she turned off the call.

 

I took a quick shower so that I could be fresh when the stylist arrives. I really don't like discomfort when I am on my way to a party. I blow dried my hair when I heard someone knock on my door. I opened it and saw my stylist handing me two sets of clothes. She placed the clothes on my bed.

 

I stared at the black dress. It looks nice, but too simple. The other dress she brought was a white dress with a lot of lace. The last piece was a black and white polka dot blouse and a white tennis skirt. I fell in love immediately, so I chose the 3rd piece.

 

"You know what? I also like that." The stylist smiled at me, and I did the same.

 

I changed into my outfit, while she prepared all the make up she's gonna use on me. We planned for this event to be simple and chic. I don't want to look extra glamorous, so I decided to just straighten my hair. I sat in front of the window to get a better lighting, and she started doing my make up. She asked me if I wanted dark smoky eyes or just simple eye make up. I don't want any hint of glamour tonight, so I chose the simple eye make up.

 

"How about the lips, Jessica? You want pink or maroon?"

"Let's go for maroon. I can't look too simple." I said, and she nodded.

 

When she was done with my make up, I was impressed. I thanked her, and she told me to retouch the lipstick just in case. I nodded and she left my hotel room. I still have 2 hours left before the event, so I opened my Skype to see who's online. Well, there's my brother, a few of my college friends, Tiffany, and Seohyun.

 

I changed my status to offline since I know I won't be talking to my brother while I'm away, and I don't have anyone to talk to. I got my mini bag ready and some cash, but before I even got out of my hotel, someone called my number. It's Seunghyun!

 

"Hey... you called." I said, which was a stupid answer.

"Uh, yeah. I was just wondering if you have a date?"

"No," I said. "You?"

"None. Wanna go together?"

"Sure." I said, even though I hesitated.

"Great. Text me where you're staying at. I'll wait for you." He said and ended the call.

 

Honestly, I'm afraid of hanging out with Seunghyun even though we were friends from college. I know his personality well because Young-bae talked about him a lot. He's a well-known playboy. I trust myself that I won't give in to him because I am in love with someone else, but it's him I don't trust. He might try something, and I don't have anyone here in New York to defend me. Unless, of course, if my dad sent some bodyguards for me, which I doubt.

When he arrived, I went to his car and he stepped on the gas. Good thing he's not a jerk driver, or I would've cried for help! He looks good today. Too good, actually. He's wearing a black polo and black slacks. His shoes are so shiny, and I am just amazed by his style. He wasn't like this before, though. He used to wear baggy clothes, snap backs, and other stuff that would make him look like an idiot. Well, time does change a person.

 

"So," He said and when the traffic light turned red, he faced me. "How's the precious ice princess?"

I cringed at what he just called me. "Eww! We're not in college anymore, Seunghyun!"

"Okay, sorry." He said and laughed cheekily. "I just though you missed being called by that nickname.

"Of course not!" I said and made a fake gagging sound. "Whoever nicknamed me that must be very happy!"

He chuckled. "Yeah."

Well, we fell silent. And it's kinda awkward. "Anyway..." I said, trying to break the ice. "How are you and your girlfriend?" I said, and his facial expression hardened. "Sulli?"

"We're good." He said and parked in front of the mall. "But let's not talk about her, okay?"

 

I don't know what's his deal, but I just nodded. When we got out of the car, the cameras greeted us. I smiled and posed with Seunghyun. I went inside and greeted the CEO of this brand. Even though I'm not a celebrity, I still get invited into these kind of events. I don't even know why. Maybe I have the face that could sell well? I don't know.

 

Everyone's attention and cameras were directed at us as we cut the ribbon. I thanked the people behind the event, and they did the same to me. They also thanked Seunghyun. I only found out that he's one of the major sponsors of this event. I wonder if he's doing this for his girlfriend. I hope so, and I hope he's being serious with her this time!

 

"Seunghyun!" A paparazzi called. "Are you dating Jessica?"

"No, we're college buddies." He said, and the others swarmed at us.

"Is it true that your relationship with Sulli isn't good anymore?" That question shocked me. 

But just like a professional businessman/manipulator/playboy, he quickly brushed off the question and smiled. "It's between Sulli and I. But if I have to say one thing, we're doing fine."

"Are you really here for Jessica? And not because Sulli invested in this brand?" Now I am pissed. Why do they associate me with everything that's happening to them?

"No, we just met by chance. And we're here together for old time's sake." I said, hoping the reporter would shut up, but my hopes were down again once more.

"You're a bit sensitive today, Jessica. Tell us, are you causing Sulli and Seunghyun to drift apart?" This is crazy!

"Enough questions for today." Seunghyun said. "If you're gonna comment about me being a playboy, a jerk, that's fine. But who are you to pry over someone else's business? How many times must we tell you that we're just college friends? The next time I see you in an event where I am invited, I swear I'm gonna have you kicked out no matter what." He left before I could even turn around. Was that really Seunghyun?