Jessica: 8

Hollow
 

I feel so secured when he wrapped his arms around my waist. But I couldn't smile fully. He's still in love with Victoria. But he remembered he was with me. Isn't that a good sign? That he'll be mine? This is what I wanted, but now, I'm not even sure if I still want him... I mean, yes, I want him. But I don't want to share him with anyone else. I'm just too in love with him to even think about letting him think of Victoria while we're making love.

 

I got up and I felt dizzy. I wish he'd know when to stop. He's such a monster in bed. My back is aching, but I don't mind. I went to the bathroom and checked for the stuff I'm gonna pack. I started packing so we could leave as soon as possible. New York is too crowded for my liking. I wanna be in California, where people are chill and less busy.

 

I ordered breakfast for the both of us, and wore a loose shirt and shorts. I was busy packing, and when I opened the closet, I saw his clothes beside mine. I smiled widely. I really want us to live together. I really love that idea. I want to be his last girlfriend. Because he's the only man I could imagine to be with till I grow old. Even with Youngbae, I avoided that topic because I couldn't see myself with him. Only with Kris.

 

I opened the door when the room service arrived, and I thanked the petite boy that placed our food on the table. I went to Kris' side and woke him up. I looked at his face, and I wanna burst out with laughter. His face is so red, full of lipstick smudges. I'm sorry, Kris. I'm a messy kisser.

 

He smiled at me and put up his hand. I get it. He wants to sleep more. I'll just let him. I ate breakfast alone, and I stared at the sky. It looks so gloomy. If I noticed this sky a few years ago, this would've represented what I felt when my mom died. I really wanted to end my life back then. Even Edison couldn't pull me out of that dark place.

 

I never thought I could get up again. After my mom died, Youngbae and I broke it off because I thought he'd be better without me, and I thought I could do it alone. I was wrong. I couldn't handle it alone, and it was already too late. He was so happy already. Without me. He didn't even bother to look back and smile at me. He just left the country without saying anything. And when I was about to jump, someone grabbed my hand.

 

"Think about your parents." He said and pulled me to his arms. "If you need someone, know that I am here."

 

And after that incident, Kris became my strength. Even when he was at his weakest, I still looked up to him. The same love and the same respect. I know that back then, he was young. And that's how he became friends with Edison. They became friends because of me. But I want something more from Kris. I wanted him to love me. I can't believe I could become so dependent on him.

 

I used to think that if I gave myself to him, he will slowly open up to me and love me, like how I wanted him to. Yes, it is happening. He's slowly allowing me to touch the spots only Victoria could, but it hurts. I'm not gonna complain anymore, though. Because from the very beginning, this is what I wanted. And I'm gonna stick by him no matter what. Because I chose this, I wanted him, and I made it clear to myself that I will only love him.

 

When I was done eating my breakfast, I kissed Kris' forehead and proceeded with the packing. After packing, I stared at the luggage I had and smiled. I did it on my own! I turned around and glanced at the window. The sky is still gloomy, but I'm pretty sure it won't rain. It's always like this in New York. I'm not even surprised.

 

I saw my phone ring, so I quickly ran towards it and glanced at the screen. Why is Edison calling me now? I know he'll only call at this hour when he's in the club (or Sehun actually calls me using his phone) or he's problematic. I swear, if he's in the club getting drunk, I'm really gonna scold him when I get home. I swiped to answer, and I could only hear his heavy breaths.

 

"Edison?" I called, but he won't answer. "Edison, answer me."

"I need your help." He said and I kept silent so he could continue. "I wanted to take Victoria to house mom left... But I forgot the location." I just gave myself a face palm.

"How could you forget!?" I said and sighed. "Anyway, I'll just text you the address. Don't call me at this time! You're supposed to be sleeping!"

"Whatever, grandma." He said and ended the call.

 

Damn, even if I don't admit it, I'm glad he's my brother. I could see myself taking care of someone else (Aside from Kris). Also, I don't think anyone could put up with my s, so I guess my brother and I were made for each other. I don't wanna tell him that, though. Because it would be too cheesy, and I don't like it when we're like that.

 

I saw Kris get up, and I smiled at him. I walked to his side, while he dropped his cellphone on the bed. He's unusually quiet, so I picked up his phone. I read the message. It was from Seohyun. I know for sure Seohyun doesn't like me as much as she likes Victoria, but I never thought she'd hate me this much.

 

Seohyun: Kris, you have to break it off with her!

 

"She hates me that much?" I blurted out, and he just stared at me. "I get it."

"No, it's..." He said and held my waist. "It's too complicated."

"What's so complicated about your sister hating me?" I said and smiled at him.

But he frowned at me and kissed my forehead. "Trust me. She doesn't hate you. She just hates the situation."

 

Does she really? I really hope so. Because I don't want Kris and I to end.