Jessica: 12

Hollow

Ever since Kris visited, I've been so happy. We got back together... naturally. It's a good thing, I think. Because if we got back together naturally, it means he's finally in love with me. I feel so alive! I feel so good, I think I'm getting better. His visit made me want to get out of the hospital real quick!

 

I heard the door open, and to my surprise, Jiyong came in with Yoona crying. I don't know what's gotten into them, but Yoona came to hug me. She must be worried. And I remember I specifically reminded Yuri not to stress out Yoona, or at least let her know. I just rolled my eyes and smiled at the couple in front of me.

 

"You ! How can you keep this a secret from me!?" Yoona blurted out, and I just smiled at her.

"Because... I was supposed to surprise you!" I told her and smiled. I heard the door open again, and to my surprise, Young-bae is here.

"Hi..." He said, and I just nodded. "You okay now?"

"Yeah." I said and smiled at him. "I am now."

"I brought you blueberry cheesecake. I hope you're still into them." He said, and I just nodded.

"Thanks." I said, and I can't stand him staring at me like that. "Anyway, how are you guys?"

"Shouldn't we be asking you that?" Jiyong said sarcastically, and Yoona nudged him. "I mean, how are you, Jes?"

"I'm good. I actually wanna go back to work." I said, and Yoona's face just looked like she's extremely mad.

"Are you kidding me!? Work!? No! You're not going back to work yet!" She said, and I sighed.

"Yes, mom." I said, and she playfully rolled her eyes.

 

After a few sermons, and a few jokes, Yoona and Jiyong asked me if they could go home. I just nodded, and they left me and Young-bae alone. I know we had a bitter break up, but I don't have any ill-feelings towards him. I just hope he doesn't hate me, as well. Because if does, I wouldn't know what to think of him.

 

"How are you?" He broke the ice.

"I keep hearing that question. I'm fine!" I said, and smiled at him.

"I mean, how have you been? Since... you know." He looked down, and smiled. "I was a jerk, right?"

"Nah, it was my fault, too." I said, and he laughed.

"You know, I met a girl. She reminds me so much of you." He said, and I stared at him. "Honestly."

"In what way?"

"Well, whenever she smiles, she warms my heart. And also, she's very quiet."

"How does my smile warm your heart?" I asked sarcastically.

"Oh come on!" He said and laughed. "You really want me to say it?"

"Nah..." I said, and just laughed along with him. "Anyway, is she your girlfriend already?"

"Nope." He said, popping the "p" sound. "She's a bit younger, but I really like her." I smiled and nodded. "How about you? Your boyfriend is younger than you, right?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter. We're only a year apart." I said and glanced at him. "We're planning to go to Hongkong after I get discharged from this damned place."

"Well, remember when we were in high school? We planned to visit Hongkong, Singapore, Japan, China and Thailand?"

"Oh yeah!" I snapped my fingers. "And Yoona would always complain because she doesn't like beaches."

"And Yuri would always bring Minho and Sulli!" He said, and we both laughed. "Ah, I missed the old times."

"I do, too." I said and he handed me a bottle of orange juice. "You still remembered what I like." I said that as a statement.

"Some things are hard to forget." He said and looked down. "And besides, it's not like we were never in love with each other."

"Yep..." I said, with a long pause. Because I didn't know what to say after that.

"You know, I should get going." He stood up and leaned over. I froze, as I felt his lips kiss my forehead. "Get better, okay?"

 

I couldn't even move. It was just a kiss on the forehead, but it still felt the same. Warm. That's the only word that I could describe how it felt. But it's not as warm as Kris'. I miss him already, but I know he needs focus on his work first. It's not gonna be easy on him because even though he doesn't say it, he's silently competing with his sister. Kris is better at managing the company, but Seohyun is next in line, and it might hurt his pride if he loses to his sister.

 

I watched the television, and to my surprise, Yuri was in the TV. I turned the volume up, and she's yelling at... her cousins? I quickly took my phone in the bed side table and dialed her number. She quickly answered her phone and sighed. I sighed, too. I knew it. She did something terrible!

 

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's official. They will disown Sulli." She said and I could hear her sniff. "I tried my best to prevent that from happening!"

"I know you did." I said and tried to sit straight. "Where are you?"

"I'm at home. I withdrew half of my money in the bank." She said hysterically, and I panicked. "I should meet at least one of them. They'll need this more than I would."

"Yuri..." I said, trying to calm her down. "Why? Where are they?"

"I... I don't know... But I think Sehun knows." She said and I could hear a loud thud.

"What was that?" I asked, I can't help but worry.

"The bag. I put all the money and the things they will need." She said, and took a long, deep breath. "Jes, I'm just gonna call you back." And she ended the call.

 

I worry about Yuri because she fought too hard to keep the three of them together. And now, the thing that she tried to keep together for so long is ruined. I was there when Yuri suspected the two of them. I knew when Yuri tried to keep them apart. I knew how capable Yuri was. She plays dumb, but I know she gets it. And I feel bad for her, because I know that she will take all the blame.

 

And I hate myself right now because I can't even get out of this damn bed! How can I comfort my best friend when I can't even walk? I dialed Kris' number, and fortunately, he picked up the phone on the first ring.

 

"Kris, I need to be with Yuri." I said, and I felt my tears fall down. "My best friend needs me, Kris."