Jessica: 23

Hollow

Wednesday came, and I wore a white, puffy shirt and black chiffon skirt. I paired it with my black pumps. I got my black bag and my laptop bag. Lastly, I grabbed my envelope containing the designs I had in mind for Yoon Jeonghan. I know these styles would fit him well. Though I'm not sure about his "conditions", I'll just think he'll be asking for a hefty sum of money. I can give it to him easily.

 

I put my stuff in the car, got my keys and left. I drove towards the restaurant where he chose. I was guided to a private room. He booked it, though I should have done it since I was the one who asked for a meeting with him. I sat in front of him, and he looks dashing with his long locks. I smiled at him and we shook hands.

 

"I hope I didn't make you wait." I said, and he shook his head.

"Nah, I just got here. So, shall we order?" He said, and we both did. When we gave our order, the waiter left us alone. He smiled at me, and I did the same.

"So, before I forget." I said, and handed him the envelope containing the designs, the contract and of course, some other things he might ask about. "Of course, we'll still be discussing about it, but I'd like you to read my proposal, first."

"Oh, okay." He said, and placed the envelope on the chair. "I really don't like reading when I'm hungry, so I'll do it after I eat. Is that alright?" He said.

"Of course!" I smiled, and nodded. "Do whatever you wish."

 

He just nodded. He drank his water, and so did I. I can't believe I'm nervous around him! I'm normally... normal when I talk to clients. Maybe it's because I really, really want him under my mainstream brand. He's never done mainstream brands in Korea, and if I ever manage to sign him under me, my brand would be the first.

 

"Do you happen to know why Australia is called the land down under?" He said out of the blue.

"It's a country within the southern hemisphere." I said with confidence.

"You're right." He said and nodded. "May I?" He pointed at the envelope.

"Please." I said, and he took the envelope. I saw him take the designs.

"Why is your design so..." He stopped, took a deep breath, and stared at me. "I'm looking for the right word."

"Dark?" He shook his head. "Basic?"

"Not even. It's not basic." He shook his head again, but stopped, looked at me and snapped his fingers. "Gloomy. Yeah, that's the word."

"Oh," Is it, though? "Well, the theme for my new mainstream brand would be 'angst'."

"Ah," He said and checked the other designs. "You only cover male clothing?"

"To be honest, I have yet to find a female model. I just can't find anyone who would fit my taste." I replied honestly.

"I'll be honest with you as well," He said and placed the designs on top of the envelope. "Nobody knows, but I'm actually half Australian. And I was raised in Korea because my father's family never liked my mother." I nodded. "Anyway, not a lot of people are interested in Australia or its culture, so I was checking if you knew the basics."

"Ah, I see." I said, and I think he's the most random person ever.

 

Our food arrived. I ordered a salad and orange juice. I've been eating a lot in Jeju, and I need to lay off the fatty foods if I wanna fit into my clothes. He, on the other hand, ordered a steak. It's not normal for me to see a model eat a massive steak simply because I've met a lot of models who prefer fish over meat.

 

"Anyway," He started randomly. "I like the theme of this brand that you're trying to start."

"Thank you." I replied.

"I have a few conditions that I want to happen after I am signed to your mainstream brand." He said, and I nodded, implying for him to speak up. "First, I want a contract that I, myself, can terminate."

Oh. Maybe this is why he's still not signed in any mainstream brands. "Well, that might be next to impossible." I said.

"Then I guess the meeting is over." He said and continued eating his food.

"I guess I can make it work, though." I said, and I saw him smirk. "If I may ask, why?"

"So I can be sure if I chose the right brand." I see. Well, I understand him.

"And to prove to you that you did, we need to exert an effort to make you stay, right?" I asked,he nodded.

 

He also wanted two more models to sign under my brand. I was very hesitant at first, but after knowing how those two models are his friends, and that they could only appear together, I agreed. I wanted him badly in my brand, that I even took 2 more models. I believe he's the most popular out of the three because he negotiates a lot.

 

"Ah, my final request." He said and smiled at me. "Name the brand Devil's art."

"What?" That's absurd! "Why would I name my brand that?"

"Because I believe, these" he held my designs up. "Are works of the devil."

"What are you trying to say?" I said, taking a little offense in whatever he's trying to pull.

"What I'm saying is," He leaned close. "I think you're evil. You're willing to abide to whatever I want, and these designs..." He glanced over them and smiled. "These aren't yours."

"What are you talking about!? I designed--"

"You did the drawings, yes. But the emotions, are these yours? Do you own these emotions? I wonder what happened to the person you thought about when you drew these?" He said and smiled. "I caught on, didn't I?"

"Okay," Did he just investigate me? "What are you talking about?"

"Kris Wu. A few weeks ago, you were in Jeju with him. You found out he has clinical depression. And that he's got a cardiac problem." I was shocked, but I tried to supress it. "So, tell me, Jessica. Why did you use him as an inspiration?"

"I didn't," I said, and I looked away. "Maybe I just thought about him a lot."

"Ah, whatever. I hope he gets better." He said, and I saw him take the contract. "Of course, I was kidding when I said I'll be the one to terminate the contact." He said and signed the contract. HE SIGNED THE DAMN CONTRACT! "I just hope some of my friends can get a spot, too."

"Ah-" I cleared my throat. "O-of course. A promise is a promise."

"I hope you keep it, Miss Devil." He said and patted my head. "By the way, I already paid for everything. Thanks for your time." He said as he stood up and left the room.

 

Was he mocking me? But more importantly, did I just get what I wanted? Did I just sign my favorite model!? Oh my gosh! I kept all the important documents, and I didn't notice him bringing his copy of the contract. As soon as I meet his friends, I'll make sure we'll open the store immediately! I'm excited!