Jessica: 15

Hollow

"Let me talk to her!" I heard Seohyun's voice walking outside. I don't know if who's stopping her because I'm pretty sure it can't be Edison. She entered my room, and to my surprise, it's Kris' cousin, Seulgi who is trying to stop her. What are they doing here?

 

"Seulgi? Seohyun? What are you doing here?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Where the are you hiding my brother, huh?"

"What are you talking about?" I yelled.

"Seohyun, she doesn't know where Kris is, okay?" Seulgi said and dragged her cousin out of my room. She turned to me, and looked at me sadly. "Sorry about this, Jes."

 

I saw Yuri go out of the small bathroom in my room, and she looked around. "Who was that?"

"Kris' sister and cousin. Where is Kris?"

"I don't know. But what I know is, he's going out of the country. I think he's going to Macau?"

"How do you know all this?" I asked her, because what I know is, she doesn't know who Kris is.

"Well, Kris has been a jerk to me a few days ago. But now, he's trying to make it up to you by up to me, your ultimate best friend."

"Why? What did he do to you?" I asked her.

"Well, you see, I asked my friend Sehun to date Sulli. I mean, I know Seunghyun and Sulli was dating, but come on, Sehun is the better choice. I want my cousin to be in good hands. And Minho promised me he'll start dating Seulgi."

"What the ?" I yelled at her, and she just laughed. "How dare you play with your cousins' lives!?"

"I know, right?" She just rolled her eyes playfully. "Anyway, because Seulgi was a waitress before, I didn't know her family was filthy rich! So they decided to give me a little payback."

"By?" I trailed off.

"Embarrassing me in front of everyone."

"Oh." I just smiled. "Should I say you deserved it?"

"You ." She said and slammed the pillow in my face."

"Ugh! !" I said and threw the pillow at her as well. And we just laughed it off.

 

So, if Kris is in Macau, why is Seohyun so mad? I took my phone and dialled his number. It just rings, but he's not picking up. Is he still in the plane? But I know Kris. If he's inside a plane, he'd turn his phone off. Why isn't he answering my calls? Where is he, really?

 

This is driving me nuts! I can't believe I'm being paranoid right now. But I have the right to be, right? I'm his girlfriend. But still, I don't want to be clingy or needy towards him. In the end, I decided to just text him. Anyway, he'll say where he is if he truly cares for me, right? I trust him enough. I know he won't just turn his back on me.

 

Me:

Kris, I know you're not in Macau. You don't have to tell me where you are, but at least let me know you're safe. And please, text your sister. She's freaking out.

 

It was okay, right? I'm not being needy or clingy, just... concerned. I miss him so much. As long as he's not cheating with me with Victoria, that's fine. I mean, I know Victoria isn't like that, and she loves my brother. I just feel insecure whenever I think about them because they loved each other, after all. Sometimes, I wonder. Is Victoria still in love with Kris, or is she confused? Because if she is, I can't take it. I may be selfish, but it's not just me that she's gonna hurt. 

 

Ugh! My insecurities is eating me up! I can't be like this! If I was fit to go out, I'd definitely eat out or maybe bar-hopping. But no, I have to be here. I am stuck here! Someone knocked on my door, and I swear, if this is gonna stress me out, I am definitely gonna freak out and escape!

 

"Jessica?" Oh, it's Dr. Song. "How are you feeling?"

"Not good! I wanna get out of here." I said, making myself more scared.

"Well, this is good news, then." He said, and I looked at him with a wide smile. "You'll be discharged by tomorrow noon." He said, and I stood up to give him a hug. "Hey, easy!"

"Thanks, doc!" I said and smiled wider. "Am I fit to travel, though?"

"Travel? Already?" He gave me a very skeptical look. I don't care.

"Yeah, I need to look for my boyfriend." I said, and I saw him smile.

"I guess, travelling is fine. You can also start working next week."

"Next week!?" I half-yelled, surprising the doctor. "I mean, I'm free to go home, but I'm not allowed to work or travel until next week?"

"Yeah." He said that like it's too easy for him.

 

I lied on my bed and gave up. I can't win! I texted Edison, told him that I can go home tomorrow. So, for now, should I just wait? I called his number again, and for the nth time, he wouldn't answer. I'm getting distressed! I don't know if he's fine or not, or if I should be worried. Because if Seohyun came here to look for him, it must mean he's really gone. And for the nth time, I called him again. I was about to give up when he answered the phone.

 

"Hello Kris!?" I half-yelled!

"Jessica." He sounded so, flat.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" I asked him, panicking.

"I just went to Canada to visit someone. Then I'll go to Macau after." He said, like every words he's saying right now is empty. "Sorry I wasn't able to tell you."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine. Anyway, I'll be discharged tomorrow." I said, trying to sound like I'm the happiest person in the world.

"That's great," He said, and he's trying to sound happy for me, too. But I can feel it. He's just trying. "Who will come to pick you up tomorrow?"

"I think I'll just ask Edison, or maybe Yuri." I hope he'll tell me what's his problem.

"Okay, great. But if they don't pick you up, just call my number so I can ask Seulgi to pick you up."

"No, it's okay. I understand how busy Seulgi is with school."

"Okay..." He said, and sighed. "I just miss you badly."

"I miss you too." I said, hoping he'll notice my longing for him. "Come home to me, please?"

"Of course I will."

"Goodnight." I said, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight. I miss you so much." I heard him whisper before he ended the call.

 

-

 

Okay. So, it's been a month since I last updated this. It's been very slow because I'm so busy with work. But anyway, here it is. So sorry! >:(