Jessica: 24

Hollow

I am going to a meeting to finalize everything before the big launch 2 months from now. I just met Joshua Hong yesterday, and he's a good-looking guy. He looks like an angel, and fortunately for me, his looks go with everything. Jeonghan's other friend is still in New York, and I'm going to meet him next week.

 

"Mommy, is Seunghyun not coming back?" I heard Jun ask, and I stopped whatever I was doing. I completely forgot about him.

"I don't know, sweetie." I smiled at him.

"Mommy, I really don't like him." He said, and I knelt down. 

"Why is that?" I asked, curious.

"He's trying to be with you. You only belong to me and daddy." He replied and pouted. I think it's cute, but I kissed his forehead.

"I know I'm yours." I said and grabbed my yellow envelope. "Anyway, I'm leaving. Have fun with daddy!"

"Mommy can you buy us pizza when you get back?" He requested, I nodded. "Yay!"

"Your daddy can't eat too much, okay?" I said, and he nodded.

 

I went to my car and drove towards the office. When I arrived, I saw Joshua seated beside Jeonghan and the female models I specifically chose for the brand. I smiled at them, and they all bowed to me. I led them inside the client's room, and I glanced over my secretary who is getting everything ready for this meeting.

 

"So, in order for us to take over the mainstream fashion industry, we will also be hiring popular actors to work with us." Mr. Kim said, and I nodded in approval.

"I think we should consider Kim Woobin, since he's really good looking." I suggested, and most of them nodded.

"Actress like Jun Jihyun should also be included in the list." Joshua suggested, and I agreed.

"We'll get that done within 2 weeks." Mr. Kim said, and started making phone calls, while Mr. Park presented his idea for the event launch. 

 

I constantly checked my phone, though I, myself, am not sure why. Am I waiting for his text? I know Kris is spending as much time with Jun as he could. But I can't help but miss them. I saw my phone light up and I saw a text from Kris. He was asking if I would go home for dinner. I replied secretly because I didn't want the meeting to be interrupted.

 

"A boss should keep away her phone when there is a meeting." I heard Jeonghan remark, and I just smiled at him.

"Sorry."

 

After the proposal, I saw them all nod in agreement with Mr. Choi's idea, and I really liked it. For the grand launch, we'll have Joshua be the opener, and Jeonghan the finale. After the meeting, everyone left except for the two models. 

 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked them both, and they smiled at me.

"We're just wondering. Since I'll be walking the finale," Jeonghan started and looked at Joshua. "what kind of piece will I be wearing?"

"We're still looking into that." I replied and smiled at them.

"Because I was hoping," He said and took out the designs portfolio. "I could wear this." He pointed at the first design. "I mean, I don't intend to brag, but this would look good with long hair. And I'm the only male model with long hair here."

"You're right." I said, and stared longer at the design. "I was thinking about it as well, but we may need to do some modifications. But we can do that to match your style."

"Alright." He said and stood up. "Anyway, we'll go now." He replied at patted my shoulder. "Good luck, CEO."

"Thanks." I said and shook my head. Joshua stood up and bowed. I bowed, as well.

 

I got my stuff from the meeting and went directly to my office before going back home. I walked towards the office, and for some reason, it's really quiet. Outside my office, I saw my secretary looking worried. I decided to walk towards her to ask her what's going on.

 

"Uhm, Jessica, I'm really sorry." She said and put down all her stuff on the table. "My daughter is really sick. I'm not sure if I can stay with you until 9." She said, and I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. You can go home. Anyway, I'll go home once I'm done for today. I'll go home for dinner." I smiled at her, and she nodded. I also stopped her for the mean time. I gave her some money. "Just text me if you need more, okay?"

 

She nodded, trying to hide her tears. She left the office. I just looked at her. I felt pity for her  because she's doing all that she can just to provide for her daughter. Her husband is a good man, but his job wasn't good enough to pay for their daughter's maintenance. It doesn't really happen all the time, but whenever her daughter is hospitalized, she asks for advance, and I would always give it to her.

 

I trust her so much because she's been with me since the beginning. Even though I went through a lot, she was there for me. I heard a knock on my door, and I heard the door open. I didn't look up because I'm busy looking into the designs and what would look good on Joshua and Jeonghan.

 

"Is there something else you need?" I asked, and looked up, only to see him right in front of me.

"Jessica." He said and smiled. He sat in front of me, and held my hand.

"Seunghyun." I replied. He smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry." He said and knelt down. I quickly went to his side to help him up. 

"Hey! What's wrong?" I asked, and he smiled, with tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry..." That's all he said, and I nodded. I don't know what he's sorry for, but I hope he'd tell me. I don't wanna keep on guessing.

"Do you wanna tell me what's going on?"

"I knew..."

"Knew what?"

"I knew about Kris. I know about his depression, I know he already had heart attacks before. I know why he left. I know everything." He said that and I stared at him blankly. "I chose not to tell you because I knew it would affect you so much. You were not the reason behind his depression, and I didn't wanna tell you that because it would hurt you." I could only feel my tears fall from my face. "I'm sorry."

"Get out." I said, and he hugged me tight, I didn't even struggle. "I said get out!" I yelled, and I could feel my chest getting tighter. How can you betray me like this? How can you lie to me!? All this time? I thought I could trust you! I wish I could tell him that, but I can't. All I keep telling him was to get out.

 

"Get out!" I finally pushed him. "Get out of my office, get out of my life! I HATE YOU!" I said and grabbed my bag and left the office.

 

I wiped my tears away, and when I opened my eyes, I saw Kris across the street. I ran towards him, and cars kept on honking, but I didn't care. I just wanna hug him right now. I just need him with me. I could feel him hug me tighter.

 

"What happened?" He asked, and I didn't say anything. I wasn't ready.

"We'll talk about it later, okay?" He said and I nodded. "I'll take you home." He said and opened the car door for me.