Jessica: 17

Hollow

I saw Seunghyun run towards me, and I motioned him that I'm fine. It's just, I felt a bit dizzy. He quickly got me a glass of water, and I thanked him. I drank the water, and I looked at my son who looks like he's worried. I just smiled widely at him to stop him from crying.

 

"I'm fine, Mommy's just a little dizzy." I said, and he just nodded. I know he doesn't buy it.

 

After the petal shower, I saw a lot of people chattering amongst themselves, talking about how glamorous the party is. Most of them are potential business partners, some are already in the business, and there are celebrities invited, as well. They could be brand ambassadors, or models. I'm not really sure.

 

"Hey, aren't you Jessica?" A guy came up to me. I smiled at him and nodded. "Hey, perfect! Because I'm doing a cover about the Huangs, and it's a perfect timing."

"I don't think it's a perfect timing. This is my niece's birthday party. Please respect that." I answered, showing him I'm not amused.

"I just need answers, like what happened to Kris after the accident? Or is your son adopted?" I stared at him, confused. "Or..."

"Hey, who gave you the permission to interview Jessica?" I heard Seunghyun's stern voice.

"Is he your new husband? Why did you file a divorce with Kris?"

"Leave her alone!" He said and grabbed him by the collar. I just tried to stop him, but Seunghyun looked at him with so much anger. "Leave, now!"

 

The guy just grabbed his neck, and threatened he'd sue. I don't know what he's talking about, though. Who is Kris? And file a divorce? What happened to me before the hypnosis? Edison walked towards me, and hugged me. I just gave Seunghyun a confused look, but he faced the other way. I also felt my son hug me. I don't need the drama right now. This is Krystal's birthday. We should all be celebrating!

 

"I'm fine, everyone. Really!" I said, and the party went on.

 

I just excused myself so I could go to the restroom. I just looked at myself in the mirror, and took a deep breath. I calmed myself down, as I stared again. I have so many questions, and I don't know where or how to find the answers. Basically, the only thing I know is I'm Jessica, I have a brother, my dad and his wife is always in an out-of-the-country trip, I have a son, and my best friend Yuri is in Dubai, while my best friend Yoona is married.

 

Now, I know I'm missing a lot of important details in my life, and according to Edison and Seunghyun, it was me who chose to forget. I believe them, relieved, that I chose it. But at the same time, it's killing me. My curiosity is killing me. I asked my brother once if Seunghyun is my boyfriend. He said, no. He's just a close friend of mine.

 

"Jessica?" I heard Victoria call my name softly. "Are you okay?"

"Yes?" I replied.

"Are you okay?" She asked, I nodded even though she can't see me. "Do you need anything?"

"No," I said quickly. "I'm fine."

 

I opened the door, and saw her. Her eyes full of worry. I just smiled at her widely. She followed me, and kept on asking if I need anything. I keep rejecting her offers, until I thought about something. Something that might help me. I faced her, and she was shocked, but I continued.

 

"Hey, I guess I just need some answers."

"Okay, go ahead." She said.

"Who is Kris?" I asked directly. And I saw her eyes widen.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I'm just... Curious."

"Well, Kris was my ex-boyfriend. And he also became your boyfriend."

"Is he a jerk?"

"No, he's nice. It's just... I hurt him, and you helped him when he was down." She said and smiled bitterly. "You've been together for a long time.

"So, what happened to him?" I asked without hesitation.

"Uhm..." She hesitated, and looked away.

"Is it that bad?" I asked.

"Well, I think you should ask your brother about that."

 

And, as if on cue, Edison arrived, and hugged his wife. I just smiled at them. I wanna ask him questions, but I'm afraid he'd be mad. He looked at me like he knows. I don't wanna ask him now. Victoria just nodded, and he sighed.

 

"Okay, let's talk about it in our room, okay?" He said, and I followed the both of them.

 

They opened the door for me, and I sat on their black couch. Edison grabbed a canned coffee from their mini-fridge and gave it to me. I just nodded. So, it's the silence that I am trying to avoid. But where do I begin to ask?

 

"It's about Kris, right?" I just nodded. "Okay. Listen, Jess. I know you're curious, but if you want to really know him, we need to undo the hypnosis that was done to you or some ."

"Before I do that, I just need an overview. So I won't blame anyone but myself." I suggested, and Edison sighed.

"Fine." He said, and sat in front of me. "So, Kris was your boyfriend. You've been together for more than 6 years. Then you announced to us that you're pregnant, and you'll marry Kris after you give birth. After you gave birth, you planned your wedding with him. Unexpectedly, he left. He never called, no nothing. I wanted to kill that jerk, but what can I do? You told me not to do anything. You said you wanted to forget. I just thought you wanted to get drunk, but when you said you really wanna forget, we hired someone to do some hypnosis on you."

"And it's been how long?"

"It's been 3 years, Jessica." He said, and sighed. "Three, long, ing years, and I still want to kill him."

"But Victoria said he's nice." I said.

"He WAS nice." I could feel his anger. "But you don't deserve him. If you wanna go through the pain again, that's fine with me. But I don't wanna hear you say you'll look for him, okay? No more of that , please."

"Again? I tried to look for him?" I asked.

"Look for him? That's an understatement! You travelled the world to look for that ! And did you find him? No! The motherer is too good at hiding!"

"And you have no clue on why?"

He just groaned. I know this is frustrating for him, but I need answers. "No." I just nodded.

"Okay, Ed." I said. "I want to undo it."

"Are you sure?" He said. "I said all of those things to make you think twice!"

"If that's the case, I need to face my fears, then!"

"Alright, I'll call the man." He said and took out his phone to dial a number.

 

This is it, I think.