Kris: 13

Hollow

"Kris, can you please go to Macau next week? I received an email from one of the managers. We need to ask what they want so that we can compensate." Seohyun said, and I nodded. "Can I just go there after two weeks?"

"What could be more important that the clients?" She said without looking at me.

"Seo, my girlfriend is in the hospital." I said, hoping she'd take it as an answer.

"So? Shouldn't she rest?"

"Seo. I'm serious." I said and dropped my voice. "I need to look after her."

"Whatever. Just please meet the clients, then." She said and read through whatever's in the monitor.

 

I left her office and bought coffee for Jessica. I know she's not supposed to take caffeine, but I can't help but spoil her. After what happened a few days ago, I don't wanna face Jessica. We hurt her best friend. But I only defended my cousin. She was hurt just because Yuri tried to protect her cousins. We only tried to protect our family. Seohyun and I are the only ones she have.

 

I opened the door, and just saw someone kiss Jessica's forehead. Who the is this guy? I stopped myself, and walked away. It can't be. Jessica won't cheat. She's too in love with me! I stepped away and sat on one of the chairs in the hallway. I don't know who this motherer is, but I sure am not happy with what I saw!

 

"I'm going home." I heard someone say, and when I looked up, it's the bastard that kissed my girl.

I walked up to him and grabbed his shoulder. "What were you doing in my girlfriend's room!?" I asked.

"You're Kris, right?" He said cockily, and I just clenched my fist. "I know what you did. But I didn't tell your girlfriend."

"Why?" I said, and I know how this kind of guy works.

"Simply because I respect her." He said and smiled. "Not everything revolves around business, man." He said and left.

 

I just stood there, not wanting to go to her room. Was the kiss really necessary? I don't like it when someone touches what's mine. Jessica is mine, and I know that she knows that, too. I was about to go back to my car when I felt my phone vibrate. I held the coffee in one hand and answered the phone call without looking at my phone.

 

"Kris," I heard her sniff. "I need to be with Yuri..."

 

I couldn't speak. I hurt the woman I love the most. I can't let her know I took part in that scandal. She can't choose her best friend over me! I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I could only hear her sobbing. I made up my mind.

 

"I'm in the hospital. I'm on my way to your room." I said and ended the call.

 

I stepped inside the room, and I saw her remove the dextrose in her hand. I tried to stop her, but she just removed it easily. I pulled her arm, and I could feel her fragile body in my hand. She cried in front of me, and the only thing I could do right now is to hug her. She hugged me tightly, but not as tight as usual. I patted her back.

 

"You need to rest first." I said, and she walked towards her bag. "Jes, don't make this any difficult. You're limping!"

"I have to, Kris!" She yelled, and she changed into her normal clothes. "I'm going to see Yuri."

"I'll find a way to make Yuri come here." I said, and she looked back. "Just please... promise me you'll be here." I said, and kissed her forehead.

"You don't understand. She's been there when I needed her." She sat down, like she was defeated in an argument.

"I know. Which is why I'm gonna find a way to bring Yuri." I said and held her hand, but not too tight. "I promise."

 

-

 

"You're bat crazy." Minseok said as I gave him the instructions. "You're willing to go against your sister for that woman?"

"Yeah." I replied quietly. "Make sure Seohyun doesn't know this." I said and gave him the money.

"This is why I like you better than your sister..." He said and took the envelope. "You're a very generous man."

"Whatever." I said and walked away.

 

I know Yuri knows me. And she will tell Jessica what I did. But I don't wanna lie to her. I'm not gonna pretend. I wanted Yuri's family to suffer, but it was because she used my cousin, as well. She was used as a bait, and I can't see my cousin suffer just because their family's reputation is shaky. I quickly dialed Seulgi's number, and to my surprise, she answered quickly.

 

"Kris?" She said, like she just woke up.

"Where are you?" I said, and she fell silent. "Tell me, where are you!?"

"Relax. I'm at home. I'm just eating ice cream." She said, and I calmed down.

"Sorry. I'm just..." I took a deep breath. "Are you alone?"

"Yeah. Wanna come over?" She said, and I started to feel uneasy. 

"Okay. I'll be there." I said and went to my car.

 

Obviously, she's hiding something from us. But that's none of my business. Besides, I have more things to worry about. Ever since Seohyun's dad died, we've been caught in multiple scandals, like, our business is illegal, that my sister is a slave, the university is only a front. That I'm a drug dealer. And for the past 10 years, none of those stories were proven true. It doesn't mean it's not true. Some of are.

 

Seohyun isn't a slave, but she enjoys it so much. She's only been with one guy, and that's why people think she's getting her money from that man. I would know because I had her followed. But, if there's one thing about Seohyun that I can't beat, is that she's too smart. She had my man killed, and even warned me not to have her followed again. How she found out, I will never know.

 

Seulgi's parents are kind. Seulgi's mom and my mom are siblings, and they had 2 more younger siblings. My mother is strict, but she would never lie to anyone. Seulgi's mother was a good woman. The two younger siblings were the terrible ones. They planned to have Seulgi killed because she's next in line. What they didn't know was that Seohyun was the true heiress. And as a result of their greed, both of Seulgi's parents died. 

 

I don't know how they got away with it, but Seohyun had them investigated. And we found out that 85% of their wealth belongs to Seulgi. We had series of meetings with our lawyers, making sure we will win. And we did. Seulgi got what she deserved. Her parent's money wasn't important to her, but it would help her have a comfortable life. We urged her to take it.

 

I arrived in her parking spot, and before I could go out, I saw a silhouette of a man in her room. I didn't know she had a boyfriend. I got my phone out and called her. She answered the phone, and I also saw her silhouette.

 

"What did you want to eat?" I asked.

"I can cook, Kris. What do you want me to make?" She asked, and she's panicking.

"I'm actually buying chicken now. Don't bother. I'm just coming over to visit you." I said, and I stepped out of my car, going to the chicken store. Ignoring her nervous state.

"Can you buy ice cream? Green tea and strawberry?" She said, and I finally got her.

"I thought you were eating ice cream?" I said, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Uh... I'm all out." She said, and I wanted to pinch her cheeks for her silliness. 

"Okay." I said and ended the call.

 

After buying what she wanted, I went inside the building. I walked past someone, and when I stared at the man, I knew who it was. What is he doing here? It.. can't be. My cousin isn't dating Sehun, is she? I hope I'm wrong. 

I quickly went to her room, and I swear, her unit has never been this... wrong. It feels wrong, like something is out of place. I smiled at her, though, making sure I will find out what is off about her unit without her knowing. I saw a massive bag near her room. I sure am not comfortable about this.

 

"You're going to New York?" I said, and she gave me a confused look. "The bag?"

"Oh, oh..." She said nervously and turned around. "Those are the clothes that I'm gonna donate to charity... You know...just to save space." She said and I nodded. She's not really a great liar.

"By the way, I saw Sehun downstairs." I said, trying to trap her. "But I guess he still hates me."

"W-why?"

"You know... his best friend is dating my ex."

"Probably not..." She said and looked out the window. "You were once friends, right?"

"How did you know that?" I asked her.

"Duh." She said and rolled her eyes, taking the plastic bag from my hand. "Thanks for the ice cream."