Jessica: 3

Hollow

I can't believe it. After all the worries I had, he's just gonna stay quiet and leave. But it's easier this way, I guess. I don't want him to change my mind. I told the manager I have to go, even though it's extremely busy inside. I need to book a flight to New York because I need to attend an opening.

 

I went home and packed my clothes. I'm only bringing casual clothes with me because someone in New York already prepared everything I'm gonna wear in the events I'll be in. My flight is gonna be tonight, at 11 pm. Which means my baby brother will have to drive me to the airport. I can't take cab just because I don't like cabs.

 

I went down, only to see Edison watching tv. I sat beside him and asked the maids to bring me my ice cream flavor. He stared at me and ate his chips. I fed him my ice cream, and he ate it. I can't believe how big my brother is already. I mean, I may be overreacting 'cause we're only 3 years apart. But I took care of him, even explained things to him when dad married Alice.

 

"You need something, Jes?" He asked, and I just smiled at him.

"Can you drive me to the airport later?" I smiled at him, and I saw him nod. "Thank you my baby brother!"

"Don't call me that!" He scowled, but I only pinched his cheeks.

"Anyway, did you do it with Victoria?" He won't answer, so I kept poking his face. He turned to me and frowned. "Come on! Tell me! Did you do it with Victoria? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

"You think I'd do it with someone else?" I knew his answer, but I can't help but be surprised!

"Oh my gosh!" I said and hugged my brother! "You're not a anymore!"

"What the !?" He stood up and left me on the couch. "What's with this woman..." He's muttering a lot of things, and I just giggled. I really love making fun of the little .

 

I waited for the time to pass. I ate dinner with my brother. The chef made pizza for us. I requested for this, and Edison can't do anything about it. He really dislikes food like pizza, pasta, or anything that's made too fast. He likes traditional Korean food. But we can't eat that everyday. Besides, what's the point of our dad hiring a chef if we can make Korean food for ourselves?

 

I knocked on Edison's door, hoping he wasn't sleeping. When he opened it, he was all ready. He helped me with my bag and I sat on the front seat. Before going to the airport, he bought me pretzels and lemonade while he ate burger and fries. When we arrived at the airport, we waited for my flight. I looked at him, stalking his girlfriend.

 

"What an idiot." I muttered and closed my eyes.

 

Edison woke me up when my flight was announced. He gave me a tight hug and made sure to remind me about my medicines. I just nodded because I want to sleep more. When I was on the plane, I looked for my seat. I don't really flying in private jets because I feel so lonely. I am in a business class, and even though it's kind of annoying to seat with people I don't know, it's better than being alone. Fortunately, I have the window seat.

 

I was about to wear my sunglasses so I could sleep when someone called my name. I looked up, to see someone smiling at me. I don't remember him, but I'm pretty sure he can remind me of who he is. I stood up to hug him. He asked me about what I've been doing with my life, and I swear, I kind of wished I went for the first class seat instead.

 

"I'm doing great!" I said and he sat beside me. Great, now I'm seated beside him. "I'm going to a party in New York."

"What a coincidence!" He said and smiled even wider. "I was invited too!"

"That's great!" I said, hoping he'd finally remind me who he is.

"Anyway, you remember Young-bae?" I nodded. Of course! How could I forget Young-bae? "He's finally on top!"

Great. I remember him. "Yeah. I'm actually happy for him." I said and took the opportunity to say his name. "How about you, Seunghyun?"

"I still teach." He said and I nodded. "I'm not normally chatty. I just... it's been a long time since I saw you and had an actual conversation with you."

"Well, the last time we were together was when... I... you know." I said, hoping he won't say it out loud.

"Right." He said and smiled at me. "And you know what? You're still the same Jessica. Very fond of sleep."

"Right." I said and laughed.

"I guess I disturbed your sleep." He said and I laughed again.

"I'll sleep now." I said, and I saw him nod.

 

*

 

I arrived in New York. I swapped numbers with Seunghyun, and set off to the hotel I'm gonna stay at. I took a cab (even though I hate cabs) and checked in. The first thing I did was check my clothes. The opening will be at 7 p.m. I still have 6 hours left, and I'm gonna spend 3 hours on sleep and 3 on preparing.

 

I just closed my eyes when I heard my phone ring! Damn it! I don't want to answer, but this might be from the organizer, so I took my phone out. Well . It's just Alice. She ended the call, so I didn't have the chance to answer her. Well, I'll just text her.

 

Me:

Alice I'm in New York. Please don't call for the next hours. I'm really tired.

 

And I dozed off.