Jessica: 19

Hollow

 So that's what happened. I must have been really stupid for trying to forget. I felt tears fall down my eyes, as I remembered Kris. His smile, the way he talks to me, everything about him. I know I've been really selfish, but I can't keep being like this. We have a son, and he'll look for him. Or is this the reason why he doesn't talk? Because he knows I can't remember?

I looked at my phone, and saw a bunch of pictures of him. I was really obsessed with him. I smiled at how crazy I was. I guess, I never really knew where he went. For all I know, he might be dead. But, I still miss him. Love? I'm not sure anymore. But a part of me still wants to look for him.

"Jessica, you promised me. No more looking for him bulls. Please..." Edison said as I looked down. "Give yourself a break."

"Ed, I did. It was a long break. But now, I'm not sure if I wanna look for him anymore." I said without hesitation. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He patted my head. "I know it's been tough on you, but you have to understand. My wife is suffering, too. He is her ex, after all."

"I know. I'm sorry." I said and smiled at him. "Don't worry. This will be the last time you'll see me cry over him."

I went back to the office, and to my surprise, I saw Seunghyun and Youngbae. They're best friends. Jiyong, Youngbae and Seunghyun, but for some reason, Seunghyun is always distant from them. And I know something's up because judging from the glare Youngbae is giving him, it's something bad.

"Youngbae, trust me-"

"Bull!" Youngbae stood up, turned around, and opened the window. "Don't even think about it, Seunghyun! I know you!"

"I gotta do this." He said, and before he could speak, I interrupted.

"What's going on?" They both glanced back at me, and I saw Youngbae's face soften. "Seunghyun?"

"I think you both should talk about this." He said and left us.

"Jes, sit down." He said, and I followed him. I sat on my swivel chair, and he sat in front of me.

"What's this all about?" I said, not knowing what's going on.

"I need to be away, maybe a month or two. I just need to go somewhere... to find someone."

"Who is this 'someone' and where is this 'somewhere'?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'll be in Australia. I can't tell you yet, but I'll come back here once I am with him." He said and kissed my forehead. "I promise I'll be back."

Australia? Isn't that a bit too far? And 'him'? Who is he looking for? Could it be... his brother? I mean, Seunghyun isn't the kind of person who will go all out if it's not someone worth it. He even set Sulli free, even though I know he fell for her, too. I brushed off my thoughts and opened my laptop. My son's picture is the background. And I swear, he looks just like him.

"What am I gonna do?" I said and pressed my fingers.

I heard someone knock on my door, and I also heard yelling in the background. I opened it, and to my surprise, I saw Seohyun trying to go inside. I stopped my secretary from blocking her and made her go inside the office. Seohyun isn't listening though, because the minute I went closer, she grabbed my hand and dragged me outside.

"Wait, Seohyun..." I said, trying to keep my pace. "What's going on?"

"We found him! We finally found him!" She exclaimed, and right then, I knew who she was talking about.

"Kris?"

"Yes."

I stopped, my feet froze, and I can't even think straight. Is this it? Will I finally see him? I felt someone hold my hand, and I saw Seohyun, crying. She dragged me again, and inside the car, a busy Seulgi is talking to someone on the phone.

"No, I'll be okay... Okay, but just make sure you'll let me know when you arrive, okay?" I heard her say. "I love you too. Bye." She said and hang up. She turned to me and smiled. "Hi, Jessica."

"Hi," I said. I can see her eyes puffy and nose red. Was she crying? "What's going on?"

"You'll know when we get there." She said and smiled. "Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm confused?" I said, and she smiled.

"Don't worry. We'll take you to him." Seulgi said as she held my hand.

I saw Seohyun texting someone. I saw multiple cars following us. What is really going on? Why are we being followed? If this is their security measures, why do we even need security in the first place? I saw panic in Seohyun's eyes, and she cried silently. I noticed she was shaking, too.

I looked around, and everyone here wouldn't answer me. I stopped trying. Just following them. I know it's wrong to be with them since I promised my brother I'd stop looking for him. But I just have to know what happened. I need to know why he left. I need to make sure he's okay so I can move on.

To my surprise, I saw a private jet waiting for us. I am really wondering where we'll go. I just went inside with them, and they all sat down separately. I saw Seohyun's friends, and one of them, the shortest one, stared at me, like she's wondering why I'm here. The other one, on the other hand, is now sitting beside Seohyun. She's saying something inaudible.

 

When we arrived, I am surprised to find myself in Jeju island. And I saw a car waiting for us. Seulgi and I went inside the white one, and to my surprise, it's Seulgi who will be driving. I didn't know she had her driver's license already. 

Seohyun, Tiffany and Taeyeon went inside a pink car. And at that moment, Seulgi started driving. She smiled at me and it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I looked around, and we're going somewhere I've never been to before. It's a big, wooden house. I saw the pink car follow us, and again, a few cars following behind us. Seulgi drove faster.

 

"Don't worry," She said and smiled. "Everything will be fine. I promise."

 

And with that, I didn't know which is scarier. Seeing Kris again, or knowing something's going on with him.

 

-

 

Hi, sorry for the very long delay. It's coming to an end. I need to finish it as soon as possible. So sorry.