Jessica: 16

Hollow

I woke up, feeling a bit heavy. I heard someone knock on my door, and when he entered, I smiled. He kissed my forehead, and I smiled wider. I really love this guy. I don't know what I would do without him. I saw our son in the doorstep, frowning at us. I know this little guy is just jealous. I can't believe how amazing this feels.

 

"Jes, don't you think it's a bit late? Aren't you going to Krystal's birthday party?" Seunghyun said as he sat beside me. "It's this afternoon, y'know?"

"I know. I'm just drained." I said, not lying, though.

"Is it that dream again?" He asked.

"It's getting clearer everyday. But I still don't understand it." I said honestly.

"Maybe there are things that needs to be forgotten. Anyway, please don't forget your gift for her, also, I need to pick up the cake. So when I'm back, please," he held my hand and kissed it. "Be ready."

"I know. I'll go shower now." I said and kissed his lips. I also pinched my son's cheeks. "Jun, don't be mad at mommy for sleeping in. Please?" I said and messed his hair. He frowned more. "I love you!" I kissed his cheeks and went to the shower room.

 

I'm so contented with my life, that I don't know if I want my memories to regain. I'm not stupid, I know these dreams that I'm having of a someone who jumped into a moving vehicle means something. I also know that I underwent hypnotism to forget. But why is my memory bugging me? If I had it removed from my system, why is it trying to come back?

I waited for the shower to turn hot because I hate cold showers. While waiting, I took my phone out and browsed for music I wanna listen to. For some reason, I have this playlist in my phone that I never played. And for whatever reason that I have, I chose to play it.

 

For some reason, I felt tears come out of my eyes, listening to the few words of the song. Is it because the song "Heaven" is a magical song? Or is it because I'm emotional? I don't know what's going on, but I just let it. I played through my entire room and listened to the words.

 

I just let the water fall through my body. Then I suddenly remembered it's Krystal's birthday. Of course I have to be very quick about this! Knowing Seunghyun, he's always in a rush! I got my together and quickly finished shower. After that, I got my grey dress. Krystal is a weird kid. I mean, she's only 15, and she likes monochrome. She's not into colorful stuff.

 

My son, Jun, is only 4. I've never heard him speak, not even an attempt. I don't know what's going on with him, but we tried so hard to make him speak. I don't know when he'll start talking, but I hope it's soon. Maybe it's also because of my hypnotism, that I don't know why he doesn't speak.

 

After I dressed up, I went to Jun's room. I saw how he's wearing a grey shirt and black pants. He's wearing a silver necklace that has a crucifix pendant. I got his perfume and sprayed a little on his shirt. I took a good look at him, and for some reason, I fall madly in love with him. Not in a dirty way, but more like, a mother in love with her son. I can't believe how beautiful my son is.

 

I kissed his cheeks, and he just smiled. He's always like this. When I'm with Victoria and Krystal, he'd laugh a lot, but when Edison is in the room, he'd be the happiest. They're like father and son, except, Edison is his uncle. Seunghyun tries to do the same with him, but he's always frowning. He chooses the people he'll get close to. 

 

Seunghyun arrived with the cake, and Jun and I went to the car. Jun is in the backseat, sitting beside the cake and our gifts for Krystal. I sat beside Seunghyun, and he drove off. I looked back and watched Jun make face. I can't decide if I should be mad at him or just let him be because he's so adorable.

 

When we arrived, Victoria greeted us. I smiled at her and gave her a hug. I looked for Krystal and my brother, and when I saw them both, I quickly went to them, holding my son's hand. Edison carried Jun and smiled at him, and I gave Krystal a hug. She hugged me tighter. Krystal and I are very close. Even though she's my only niece, I love her very much. As much as I love Jun.

 

"Happy Birthday!" I said and gave her my gift.

"Thanks, aunt Jessica." She said and smiled widely. "You shouldn't have."

"Nope, I insist." I said and she placed my gift on the table with all the gifts given to her by the guests. "I'll open yours first later." She said and planted a kiss on my cheeks.

"Aww, so sweet of you." I said and she just smiled sweetly.

 

We ate the food that was served, and I swear, Vic and Ed invited a bunch of kids, but Krystal only knows a few people. I don't know she's this shy. I watched someone talk to her, and she would just smile shyly. The boy looked shy, too. I don't know if I should be happy someone tried to talk to her. I looked at my brother who is so busy with his phone.

 

"He's a bit busy, eh?" I told Victoria, and she just nodded.

"You'll see why in a bit." She just said cryptically, and I was left there, confused.

 

Edison instructed everyone to look up, and to my surprise, white and red rose petals fell down, coming from a chopper. It looks so beautiful. I looked at Krystal's expression, and she's smiling widely. I can tell she likes it. I looked at my brother who is now beside Victoria, and I smiled at them both.

 

"Thank you for this!" Victoria said as she leaned closer to kiss Edison. "Look at Krystal!"

 

The guests have been chattering about how extravagant Krystal's lifestyle is. It is, indeed. But I think she deserves it. I mean, she's Victoria and Edison's only child. It's not like they did not plan to have another child, but it is dangerous, especially with what happened to Victoria before. As my brother's request, he'd rather have her safe.

 

I looked at my son, who is holding Krystal's hand. She smiled at Jun, and he handed her his gift. After that, Jun ran towards me, and I motioned him to sit beside me. He nodded, and I kissed his head. I held my son's hand, and I saw a small cut. Suddenly, my head hurt, and I think I remember something.

 

*

 

Hi, long time no post! So, sorry for the delay. Next update might be tomorrow or Aug. 1. :)