Jessica: 6

Hollow

I have to be fair. He came here, and I feel like a . I hugged him tightly, because I have to tell him about today.

 

"Kris, I have to tell you something." I said, and he just hugged me tighter.

"Shh. I know about it." He said, and I could feel my cheeks burning.

"You know!?"

"I'm not even mad because you left him." He said and caressed my hair. "Right?"

"It's not just him..." I said, and he let go. "I didn't want it, but someone I know kissed me today, and I feel so disgusted by myself..."

He sighed, and I guess he's mad. "Like I said, I'm not mad." He said and held my waist. "Just let me, okay?"

 

Is this Kris? What happened to him? Normally, he's really cold, and if I did something that would upset him, he'd leave or go to a bar. But, I might as well just enjoy this moment. Suddenly, all those things that bothered me felt like it moved away from me momentarily. Like I was meant to be hugged by him. We both sat down, and I suddenly asked him something that kind of bothered me.

 

"How did you get into my room, anyway?" I asked him, and he just smirked.

"I had some help." He said and I sat beside him. "Where were you, anyway?"

"I was with my best friends." I said and awkwardly smiled at him. "Remember Yuri and Yoona?"

"Ah, yeah." He said and smiled.

"Yoona is getting married, but I won't be able to come."

"I see." He said and pulled me closer to him. He lied on the bed, so my body followed. "From now on, I'll be fair and honest to you." He suddenly said and kissed my shoulder. "No more Victoria, no more clubs, no more of anything that would make you feel sad or uncomfortable."

"Are you serious?" I asked him because I think this is too much.

"Yes." He closed his eyes, and I trailed the details of his nose. "I love you, Jessica."

For the first time, I felt his sincerity. "I love you more." I said and kissed him.

 

*

 

I woke up to the sound of Kris grunting, and when I opened my eyes, I saw him trying to clean up the room. I smiled at the sight of him sweeping the flower petals. I stood up to hug him. I can't believe he's doing this for me. Good things really come to those who wait.

 

"You know, there's housekeeping, right?"I said and bit his back.

"Hey, stop that!" He said and held my hand. "So, where are you going tonight?"

"I have a meeting with a potential investor. I need to close this deal so I could prepare for the other stuff."

"Well, I'll take you to the venue. But I also have a meeting tonight." He said, and I kind of felt sad.

"Oh, it's okay. Thank you." I said and he kissed my forehead.

"No problem." He replied and continued cleaning up.

 

We ate lunch together, and he took me back to my hotel room so I could get changed. I don't need to be styled today, since I'll be in a meeting, and not an event. He waited for me to finish, and when I got out, wearing a white blouse, black pencil cut skirt and black pumps, he stared at me. It was really uncomfortable, and I guess I'll never get used to his stares.

 

"Get changed." He said, and I looked at him questioningly.

"Why? I didn't bring a lot of clothes." I said and he just frowned at me. "Okay, I'll get changed."

 

I went out again, this time wearing my black shirt, black skinny jeans and black boots. He stared at me again, and this time he nodded. We both went out of the hotel, and I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the screen, only to see Seunghyun's name. I am hesitating to answer his call because Kris is with me right now. He just gave me an assuring look, like he's okay with it, so I answered it.

 

"Where are you right now?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to a meeting with my boyfriend." I answered, and he sighed.

"Well, okay." He said and ended the call.

 

I smiled at Kris, and he just opened the door for me. I don't know if he knows it was Seunghyun, or whatever, but his mood never dropped. Is this really him? Well, whatever. I just hope nothing bad happens tonight. Not that I think Kris would do something terrible. I just hope I won't see Seunghyun tonight.

 

When we arrived in the restaurant, he said he'll pick me up after the meeting. I thanked him and kissed his cheeks. I went inside the restaurant and the waiter guided me to a private room in the restaurant for us to have a meeting. Mr. Im Jaebum wants to invest in the restaurant I want to open. Someone came in and the waiter assisted him to sit in front of me.

 

"You must be Ms. Jung." He said and I stood up to greet me. "I'm Im Jaebum."

"Yes, I'm Jessica Jung. Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Im."

"Please don't be too formal." He said and smiled. "Let's take a seat?"

"Yes." I nodded and sat.

 

The waiter handed us the menu and I'm really confused with his food choices. But whatever. I won't judge. I order the usual food I eat. I smiled at him and handed him my presentation. I feel nervous, even though he's obviously younger than me. I just feel like my business' launch depends on his investments.

 

"I'm impressed." He said and glanced over the portfolio. "Tell me, which part of Jeju do you want to open this?"

"I was planning on the south part, where my family owns a resort. I want it to have a different vibe from all the other restaurants in the resort." I said, and he smiled at me.

"Well, to be completely honest, I wasn't interested in your restaurant when you emailed me." He said and looked at the portfolio once again. "However, I need to be in Jeju for a long time, and I can't just stay there without doing anything."

"So..." I trailed off.

"So, no need for other meetings. We'll get this deal done." He said, and I was surprised. "You have the contracts ready?"

"Uh... I-it's in the l-last page." I replied, and he just nodded. Our food came, and he thanked the waiter. He just signed it without reading the content! I thought this meeting would take long! "Well, the deal is on. And see you in Jeju. Maybe in 5 months?" 

"A-ah! Yes..." I said, and he just nodded. "Anyway, why did you sign the contract without reading it?"

"I trust you." He said, and I was surprised. "I just do."

"T-thank you, Mr. Jaebum." I said, and we both started eating.