Jessica: 1

Hollow

I texted Kris that I'll probably go home late. But it's been an hour, and there's no reply. I'm beginning to worry. But then again, he's probably busy with work, or he's asleep. I tried calling his number, but he wouldn't pick up. I tried to calm myself down. But I'm still worried. Maybe I should ask him where he is?

 

 

After work, I drove home. I saw Edison's car parked outside. He's not out partying? Should I be happy or worried? I went to the kitchen and drank some milk. I hesitated for a while. Should I go up Edison's room or not? I decided to just knock and see if he's around.

 

 

I knocked three times and called out Edison's name. But all I heard was a shocked gasped from him. What's he doing? I kept on knocking, worried.

 

 

"Hey Edison! Are you okay?" I tried opening the door, but it's locked. I was about to go get the keys and see if it's a thief or something when it suddenly opened, revealing a shirtless Edison with a very messy hair.

 

 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"That's none of your business, Jess!" He yelled and glared at me. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to know if you're home. It's strange. You're not in the club." I giggled.

He just sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay, now you know. Can you please leave me alone?"

"Okay." I shot my hands up, as a sign of giving up. I tried to look at his room but he slammed the door on me.

 

 

He's acting weird. Then a thought came into my mind. Did he just... Nah. But what if they did? Was that Victoria? I'd kill him if he screwed someone else and cheated on her! She's a great girl, and I know she'll take care of him. I would know because she took good care of Kris.

 

 

Kris... I looked at my phone. Still no texts from him. I called his number again, and after two rings, he picked it up. I could hear club music from the background. What's he doing in a club?

 

 

"Kris? Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at the club. Where your brother usually goes." He said and laughed. "Ahhh! Edison!" He yelled. "I can't believe it!"

The line was cut. "Hello?" I yelled. That's it.

 

 

I drove towards the familiar road, towards the club Edison used to go to when he was heartbroken with Tiffany. I parked outside and was about to go in when the bouncer blocked the way.

 

 

"Jessica Huang." I said, and he stepped out of the way.

 

 

I tried to look for Kris, but I couldn't find him. I passed through the people who were dancing. And I even felt people dancing at me. It's disgusting! erts! I purposely pushed people aside so I could get out. This was just like picking up my brother and taking him home, except, this is my boyfriend now.

 

 

I went up the stairs, and another man blocked the way. I told him my name and he let me through. I saw Kris in the bar, drinking. What happened? I went to him and patted his back. I saw him smile at me and patted the seat beside him. I sat down and took the drink from him. I even frowned just to make him see that I'm not amused.

 

 

"I'll take you home." I said and took him by the hand. He just stood up and followed me.

 

 

We went through the sea of people again, and this time, I saw girls shamelessly rub their bodies against Kris. I looked at them grimly, and pulled my boyfriend away from them. es! I really hate seeing them trying to flirt with him. I know I shouldn't be jealous because I know he wouldn't cheat on me. But I can't help it! I'm only a girlfriend.

 

 

I sat him down my car and I went to the driver's seat. I looked at him sternly. If he acts cute, refuse it, Jessica! I was about to start the ignition when he held my hand. I frowned and looked at him. I saw tears fall from his eyes. What happened?

 

 

"I heard her side." He said. Ah, Victoria. "She broke up with me because of my mother." I just listened. And I felt my heart ache for a while. "She... she still..." She still what, Kris? "...loves me."

I sighed. I don't know how to react, or what to do. I just decided that it's more important to take him home now. "I'll take you to your unit." I said and sighed again.

"Jessica... I'm sorry if-"

"Let's not talk about it yet." I said and took a deep breath. Trying to calm myself down. "I'm going to drive, and I can't concentrate."

 

 

He followed, and I did just what I promised him. I drove him to his unit. To my surprise, he could still walk straight, like he's not drunk at all. We went inside, and he lied down his bed immediately. I looked at him, not knowing what I truly feel. But I have the right to be angry and sad, right?

 

 

Because he's my boyfriend now. He's mine now. And I can feel anger and jealousy because he's still thinking about his ex. I sat down beside him and caressed his hair. I smiled. Is he really mine now? I can't believe it. No words could explain how I feel.

 

 

I went to his kitchen and took a bottle of water and put it in his side table. I was surprised when he sat up, and he looked at me. His eyes, I'm not sure of how he feels right now. Does he love me? Or does he feel pity? I'm not sure. He slightly opened his mouth and looked at my lips.

 

 

I felt like I had to ask. "What did you two talk about?"

He bit his lower lip. "She said she broke up with me because the dean found out about us. And she prevented it from reaching my mother."

That's it? "And how do you feel?"

"I don't know. I felt sad..." He said and looked away. I still looked at him.

Now I know why he looked away. I felt a tear fall from my eye. "And do you still love her?"

"Jess." He said.

"I'm not gonna use this against you, Kris." I assured him.

"I-" He sobbed. "I'm... n-not sure anymore, Jess." He said and he held my hand. "I'm sorry if I'm unsure."

"One question. Do you love me or her?" I asked him.

"Jess, you know I love you, right?" He said.

"But you love her too, right?" I looked at him, and I could see pity in his eyes. That just gave me an incredible pain.

"Okay." I said and let him lie down. "It's okay. As long as you love me, then that's fine."

"It's unfair, Jessica." He said and looked at me. "I just need a time off. Until I can sort out my feelings. Until I can make you feel like you're not a rebound."

I laughed, but still felt the tears continuously flowing. "I'm always gonna be a rebound, Kris. But that's okay with me. I chose this, right?"

 

 

I lied beside him and made him face me. I kissed his lips. And our kisses deepened. I wrapped my arms around him, and I smiled. I pulled out from out kiss and looked at him. I'm gonna make sure he'll choose me.