Blood 09

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Director?” Alyssa muttered, looking shocked.

Hyunjoong released his grip on her neck and put her back down to the ground.

“You are an infected as well?” Alyssa asked.

“Yes.”

“How long did you know about me?”

“It’s when I saw you at the inauguration ceremony.”

Alyssa’s eyes went wide upon hearing his reply.

“I’ll tell you more but for now let me dispose these infected bodies first.” Hyunjoong gestured Alyssa out of that place and set the place on fire, burning the infected bodies.

---

“I have been searching for them for over 20 years, but it was only recently then I discovered the whereabouts of these infected ones.” Hyunjoong said. “I have been searching for over 20 years and when I finally found them, I realized that they have been following and watching you from a distance.”

“How did you get infected?” Alyssa asked.

“It was 20 years ago.” He began. “I went on a volunteer trip to Prague when I was treating an old woman, her blood got onto me and I didn’t expect it to have such lethal impact on me. I went into a coma for two days and when I woke up, I had become completely infected. Then I heard from the villagers saying that the old woman did not behave like a human at all.”

“What about your family?” Alyssa took a step forward and asked the man.

“When I got back to Seoul after getting infected, I brought my mother with me and ran away. But the other infected managed to find my hideout and although I could fight them back, my mother was still killed in the end. After my mother’s death, I went to Vancouver”

At that moment Alyssa felt sorry for the man before her. His story was exactly the same as hers, running away from the other infected ones and with their mothers getting killed in the end. They were both loners.

Alyssa’s eyes went wide when she felt a hand on her shoulder. “Are you alright?”

“Yes.”

“Shall we go now?”

Alyssa nodded.

---

It was midnight and Jiyong was still in his office. He has pictures of an old Prague gravesite on his table and then a picture slipped out from the stack of pictures. It’s a picture of an arm with wounds that resembled the patient’s infected arm from Section 21.

Jiyong’s eyes went wide when he saw the picture. “What the!” With that he kept all the pictures in a folder and put them back into his drawer, locking it before he left his office.

On the other hand, Victoria appeared at Section 21 and she went into ward 212 with a surgical tray in her hands. She took a needle out and injected the content into the patient’s IV drip.

Jiyong witnessed everything and waited for Victoria to leave before he slipped into the ward to check on the patient but little did he know that he has been monitored…

---

“WHAT? YOU MEAN THE HOSPITAL DIRECTOR IS ALSO INFECTED?!” Luhan shrieked, looking exceptionally shocked when Alyssa told him about her earlier experience. “How the hell did he manage to maintain the same body temperature of a human when he is infected?”

“That’s what puzzled me too.”

“Maybe we should obtain some information from your big boss for further VAM-01 assessment!” Luhan chirped.

Alyssa just kept quiet, not saying anything and went back to her room.

Lying on her ice bed, she couldn’t help but to wonder if Jaejoong has noticed her weird traits during the seminar. At the same time Jaejoong was also lying on his bed, feeling unsettled about Alyssa’s mysteriousness. It seemed like the seminar had caused them both to feel more uncertain about one another.

The next morning Alyssa ran into Jaejoong at the hospital and passed by each other awkwardly without saying a word.

“Did you sleep well yesterday?” A voice asked, making Alyssa look up to see Hyunjoong smiling happily at her as if nothing happened last night.

“Yes. Thanks for asking.”

“Good. Have a nice day.”

As soon as Hyunjoong went back to his office, the head of the security department came to his office.

“What is it?” He asked without lifting up his head to look at the man.

“Dr Kwon has been in ward 212 last night.” The security head reported.

“Did he do anything unusual?”

“No, director.”

“Okay. Just continue monitoring him.”

“Yes, director. There’s another thing that I need to report.”

“What is it?” He looked up with a frown now.

“The police just came by to inquire about the patient that we have discharged.”

“Okay…”

“He had been killed.”

Hyunjoong nodded. “Just make sure everything is well taken care of.”

“I understand, director.”

---

“Sister, have you ever experienced anything unbelievable before?” Jaejoong asked, sitting by Sister Sylvia’s bed.

“Of course. Childbirth, being in love and life are all miracles.” Sister Sylvia smiled.

“Sister, I don’t mean by that. Something unbelievable in a supernatural way.”

Sister Sylvia chuckled and shook her head. “I have not experienced anything like that before, my dear.” She patted Jaejoong’s head and smiled. “Maybe because of your clear eyes and child-liked heart, it’s why you can see supernatural things.”

Jaejoong smiled and sat closer to hug Sister Sylvia.

---

Alyssa bumped into Junsu at the hospital corridor. “Dr Kim.” Alyssa called.

“Yes, Dr Chua?” Junsu smiled.

“Did both Dr Kim’s parents die in a crash?” Alyssa asked.

“Yes. They passed away in a car crash and he was the only survivor from the crash.” Junsu answered. “Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

Alyssa shook her head and smiled. “I don’t think he would want to discuss this with me.”

“Hyung always think that he is the one who killed his parents because he said that day he insisted on his parents to bring him to Everland, if not his parents would have lived till now…”

---

“I WANT TO GO HOME!” A little boy yelled at the top of his voice, struggling from the grasps of the nurses. “LET ME GO!”

“Calm down, Taemin-ah! You have to get well first before you can go home.” Taeyeon cooed.

“I don’t want to stay in the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter