Blood 08

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong couldn’t stop staring at the healing wound when Alyssa pulled her hand away from him, realizing her wound has started to heal. Without saying a word, she left Section 21 in a hurry.

Inside her office, Alyssa stared blankly at her palm where the cut previously was. “I hope he didn’t see it.” She mumbled and then she took out a bandage, putting over her palm where she was cut.

---

“You should have screened the patient carefully before selecting them!” Hyunjoong reprimanded Victoria. “You know how alcohol would have an adverse reaction with it.”

“I’m sorry, master.” Victoria bowed and her head continued to hang low, not wanting to see her master’s angry look.

“I want you to get rid of the patient.” Hyunjoong said coldly.

“What if he were to go to another hospital and they find out about what we had injected into him?”

“I’ll see to it.” Hyunjoong said, looking out of the window with a frown on his face.

---

In the middle of the night, Luhan was still working at his computer to research on other new medication that could help in Alyssa’s condition, as the current one was not lasting enough and it’s affecting her senses and physical capabilities. The dosage could not be increased because Alyssa’s mother’s research had once mentioned in her notes that Atisan would weaken the body and affect the nerves.

Luhan shut his computer and sighed. “Aunty Sherlyn, can you tell me how can I help jie with her condition?”

Alyssa found herself walking down a corridor and stopped when she heard a singing voice. She continued walking and turned round the corner until she saw a little boy playing with a car, singing. Her vampire instinct kicked in and she transformed.

Just when she lunged for the boy, she woke up, startled. It was just a nightmare. She thought and then she got up to start her day.

Once she was done with washing up, she headed out of her room to see Luhan had already prepared breakfast. “Morning jie! Breakfast is ready!” He smiled and placed the plate of pancake at Alyssa’s seat.

“You didn’t sleep for the whole night?” Alyssa frowned when she saw the dark circles under his doe-liked eyes.

“I was just watching my anime.” Luhan lied.

“Right?” Alyssa shot him a suspicious look when the latter raised his hand and sighed.

“Jie, why don’t you quit your job and we can leave Seoul together?”

“Why?”

“So that we can focus on the research on the VTH-01 project?”

“I’ll think about your suggestion.” Alyssa said.

“Another thing. I think you should stop performing surgeries for now. Your blood tests show that Atisan can no longer work on you and you can only depend on your own will to control your craving for blood. In actual fact, your mother’s research on Atisan shows that the side effects of long-term usage is still unknown.” Luhan continued. “And I suspect that it is affecting your cerebral cortex, which is causing issues with your emotion control.”

“You’re saying that it caused me to smash the mirror?”

Luhan nodded. “Unlike other infected people who will become strong and aggressive when they encounter blood, you becomes weak and vulnerable. This might be the result of long-term usage of Atisan.”

Alyssa nodded. “I’ll see what I can do with the surgeries. I’m going off to work now.” Alyssa told Luhan, grabbing her bag with her.

“Jie…”

“What?”

“Are you going to work with just a bandage on your hand?”

Alyssa stopped and stared down at her bandaged hand.

“You should know how persistent Kim Jaejoong is and you think you can hide the fact that your hand has perfectly healed just by a bandage?”

“What are you going to do, Mr Lu?”

“Just count on me.” Luhan said with a smile.

---

“Hyung, you got to be kidding me!” Junsu laughed.

“I’m serious! I saw the wound healed right before my eyes.”

“Seriously hyung? You watched too many vampire movies.”

Just then Jaejoong saw Alyssa walking past them and he charged towards her. He grabbed her arm and ripped the bandage from her hand.

“Aish! Seriously, hyung! He’s so embarrassing.” Junsu thought when he saw Jaejoong’s act.

Jaejoong’s eyes went wide when he saw the scar on her hand. “It can’t be…”

Alyssa retracted her hand from his and stared at Jaejoong sternly. “Is this how you treat the person who saved you from an attack?”

“I’m so sorry, Dr Chua!” Junsu came forward to pull Jaejoong away from her. “Dr Kim is just too worried about your wound.”

Alyssa shot the two a look and walked away.

“How the hell it happened?” Jaejoong muttered.

“I told you right? You think too much, hyung.”

“I swear with my life that I really see the bloody wound heal!”

“Please explain the scar then.”

“I…”

“Come on! Let’s go do our rounds, hyung-nim.”

---

Alyssa dropped by Jiyong’s office as the latter has something to tell her. “Dr Kwon.”

“Dr Chua, I’ve discovered that the blood samples from Section 21 don’t go to the hospital lab anymore. They go straight to the lab of the New Drug Development team.” Jiyong informed.

“It seems like the patients are the guinea pigs for this newly set-up team.” Alyssa commented.

“And I suspect the marks on Mr Jung’s arm are caused by the medication given by that team but none are recorded on his chart. Dr Chua, I’m thinking that we should investigate the lab together.”

Alyssa didn’t agree to his suggestion immediately. “The two of us investigating the lab together will attract too many attentions, but I don’t mind helping out if the burden were to get too heavy.”

“Okay.” Jiyong nodded. “I’ll go talk to AD Song.”

After leaving Jiyong’s office, Alyssa wanted to get a drink for herself but the vending machine broke down. Alyssa couldn’t hold back her emotion and frustration and she threw a punch on the machine, causing a dent on it.

Little did she know that Yifan was there to witness it.

---

At the middle of the night, four security guards came to Section 21.

“Why are you here?” The head nurse, Taeyeon, asked.

“We have received instruction to discharge this patient.” The security guard went into the room and dragged the semi-conscious patient, Jung Jihoon, out.

“You are not bringing the patient anywhere.” Taeyeon stepped out to stop the guards.

“We have the instruction by the director.” The head guard showed Taeyeon a piece of paper and true enough, Hyunjoong’s signature was at the bottom of the page. “We are authorized to discharge this patient since he has been the troublemaker in the hospital.”

Taeyeon continued standing before the guards and blocked their way.

“Maybe you should move aside. You won’t want us to use violence on you?”

Taeyeon moved aside unwillingly and watched the guards brought the patient away.

Once they were out of the hospital, the guards threw him out on the street and left the place. The patient lay drunk in a dark alley gutter when a mysterious figure approached him, grabbing him by the neck.

The patient started struggling and hitting the hand strangling him but little did he know that he got thrown to the road and at that moment, a truck was speeding towards his direction and hit him…

---

“Chairman, don’t you think the new Drug Team has too much authority?” Ilkook questioned.

“Ilkook-ah, I don’t see the point of discussing about the authority of that team. You just need to do what you suppose to do and that is to follow through with Jeju Hotel acquisition. I want this project to be a success. I want the world to know about this first medic-hotel in South Korea.” Chairman Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter