Blood 20

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jie, here is the thing for you to identify the infected ones.” Luhan handed four perfume bottles to Alyssa.

“What is this?” Jaejoong asked.

“Sonein. This is the substance that can help you guys to identify who are the infected, and I have made it into a perfume spray for the four of you.”

“How are we going to identify them from this perfume spray?” Jaejoong asked.

“Once you wear the perfume on your body, any infected one will start to cough when they smell it. And bingo! We found them!” Luhan smiled.

Just then Jaejoong’s phone started ringing. It was the chairman.

Jaejoong was pondering if he should answer it or not.

“Why aren’t you answering your call?” Alyssa asked.

“It’s my father.”

“He is your father after all. How long can you be angry with him?” Alyssa said. “I’ll wait for you outside.”

Jaejoong nodded and went to his room to answer the call. “Ne, abeoji?”

“Jaejoong-ah, why aren’t you at home?” Chairman asked.

“Something happened so I’m now staying at Alyssa’s house for the time being.”

“Are you okay?”

“Ne. What about you?” Jaejoong asked.

“Don’t worry. Appa is fine. I am taking the medication regularly.”

“Ab…”

“I have to go now. I’ll see you in the hospital.” With that the chairman hung up the call, but Jaejoong was shaken by his father’s stiff voice and brief words.

“All done?” Alyssa asked when Jaejoong got into the car.

“Yeah.”

“How is he?”

“He said he is fine.”

“Then why do you still look so grumpy?”

“I don’t know. He sounds weird to me.”

“How weird?”

“I don’t know. I just find it weird and he isn’t behaving like his usual self.”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he will be fine.” Alyssa gave his hand a squeeze as comfort.

---

Before Alyssa went to make her rounds, she went to check on the patients’ stats when Yifan walked past her and began coughing.

Alyssa frowned the moment she heard coughing sound. She looked up to see Yifan coughing. “Are you alright? Are you having a cold?” Alyssa asked.

Yifan shook his head. “No, Dr Chua. It’s just a sudden coughing fit.

Alyssa was surprised by his answer but she kept quiet, not confronting Yifan.

Back in Jiyong’s lab, Yoona still couldn’t get over the fact that Hyunjoong was also an infected as well. “Dr Kwon, I just can’t believe it!”

“Neither do I!”

‘I am comfortable with Dr Chua but I don’t know how am I suppose to face the director the same way now. Will he bite me?” Yoona shivered, covering her neck with her hands.

Jiyong just kept silent at the mention of Hyunjoong.

“Oh!” Yoona shouted all of a sudden.

“What?”

“Dr Kwon, remember the bet we had earlier on? The one that you promise to wear your boxer to run down the corridor if Dr Chua is really a vampire?”

“What promise? I don’t know what are you talking about.” Jiyong waved his hand and walked out of his lab.

---

The infected patients were not eating or drinking and their moods were extremely unstable.

There was once when a nurse tried to draw blood from a patient when another patient snatched the syringe from her and began drinking blood from it. This was when Alyssa has no choice but to bring the rest of the Atisan to the hospital.

“We just need to give them one bottle each and the dosage should be enough to stabilize the side effect.” Alyssa explained as she distributed the Atisan to Jaejoong, Jiyong and Yoona.

“Let’s do it!” Jaejoong said and the four doctors headed out to Section 21.

While they were injecting the doses to the patients, one of the male patients tried to slash Alyssa with his nails but was subdued by Alyssa.

It seemed like things had worsened much faster than they could expect.

But this was not the worst thing.

While the four were busy with their project, Jaejoong received a call, informing that his father had been admitted into the hospital.

By the time he rushed to the ward, Hyunjoong was already there. “Abeoji!” Jaejoong rushed to the side of the bed, calling out to his father. “What happened to him?” He turned to look at Hyunjoong.

“He had been infected.” Hyunjoong said.

Jaejoong threw a punch at Hyunjoong and Alyssa arrived at the same time, witnessing the scene.

“He took the injection from Dr Shim without my permission.”

“Cut the crap! Whatever had been done could ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter