Blood 06

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after Alyssa was attacked, the two mysterious figures fled from the vacant hospital wards. It was only several minutes later when Alyssa finally got up to her feet and staggered her way out. Before she could even reach her car, she collapsed beside it. Luckily Jaejoong came out of the hospital in time to see her fall.

He rushed to her to check on her vitals and found her body temperature being very cold. He picked her up and rushed to the emergency room. After putting her on the bed, he used the equipments on her and frowned when he saw the alarming readings on the screens. “What the…”

“Mum…” She mumbled.

Jaejoong sat down and stared at her sleeping face.

“Mum…” She whimpered again.

“Are you an orphan like me?” Jaejoong sighed as he removed a syringe and drew up her sleeve. He wanted to draw some blood from her when she shot up from the bed, grabbing his hand hard.

“Ahhh! What the heck! You’re hurting me!” Jaejoong hissed.

“Sorry.” Alyssa released his hand and panted softly.

“You are unwell, aren’t you?” Jaejoong asked.

“I’m fine.” Alyssa said, trying to get out of the bed but Jaejoong grabbed her hand to stop.

“No, you are not! You look pale and cold!”

“I’m fine. This is my own body and I know it better than anyone else.” She shot him a look and pried his hand away from her arm before she left the hospital.

---

“Master.” The leader of the vampire pack arrived at Hyunjoong’s apartment.

“How is it?” Hyunjoong asked.

“It seems like she is immuned to the poison we injected into her.” The leader reported.

“Indeed. She is indeed the superior being among the infected ones. The only problem is Alyssa has mingled and assimilated with the humans for too long, she has forgotten who she exactly is. It’s her parents that we should blame.” Hyunjoong said, staring at the group picture of him with a professor and Alyssa’s parents in it.

“Master, what will be the future plan?”

“I will let you know in future.” He said and waved them off, asking them to leave. “Alyssa, I’ll make sure you do not follow your parents’ footsteps and forget about your purpose here.”

---

“Jie, what happen to you?” Luhan asked the moment he saw Alyssa staggering herself into the house.

“I got attacked. Draw some of my blood because I need to know what did they inject into me.”

“Okay.” Luhan ran off to take his equipments.

Once Luhan was done with the blood withdrawal, he strode off to analyze on Alyssa’s blood sample while Alyssa went on to take an ice cube bath. Alyssa submerged herself into the bathtub filled with ice cubes and ice water, thinking about the earlier attack. It triggered all her past memories and all of them came flashing past her mind – hooded vampires coming after them, and then her mother getting killed by one of the hooded vampires with a syringe.

She shot up from the water the moment she thought of the syringe. Immediately, she stepped out from the bathtub and went on to change into her clothes. She went to look for Luhan who was busy printing something at the printer.

“How’s the result?” Alyssa came over and stood next to him.

Luhan handed the stack of papers to Alyssa with a serious look on his face. “I think your blood sample contains the same compound that killed your mother but I think I need to run further test on it.”

“It must be them. They did all these to lure me here.” A dark look appeared on Alyssa’s face. “Well if that is the case, it saves me trouble from finding them. Let them get to me instead.” She smirked.

---

The next morning Jaejoong came to hospital earlier than his usual timing and tested the ER equipments. “Strange! They are all working perfectly fine. So how the hell her temperature gets so low?” He thought.

“Dr Kim, how can I help you?” One of the ER nurses approached him.

“Nothing. I have to go now.” Jaejoong flashed the nurse a charming smile and left the place for his office.

Once he got back to the office, he researched on illnesses relating to low body temperature. “Abnormal hypothermia.” He muttered and with that he left his office to look for Alyssa.

As he walked along the hospital hall, he saw her walking towards his direction. Just when he thought she would stop to thank him for what he had done yesterday, she just walked past him without even looking at him.

“Hey!” He turned to grab her hand and his eyes went wide upon feeling the coldness from her hand.

“What?” Alyssa withdrew her hand away from his.

Jaejoong frowned at her action. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Yes. Do I look like I’m not?”

“Then I guess you owe me something?”

“Like what?”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes impatiently. “A thank you? You collapsed outside the hospital and I was the one who brought you to the hospital.”

“Thanks.” And with that Alyssa left the hospital hall, leaving a stunned Jaejoong behind.

---

Alyssa was doing her round when a little girl stopped before her with a smile on her face.

“Dr Chua.” She bowed.

“Yes?”

“I’m Lee Yoonhee, daughter of Lee Daejung. He is your patient.”

Alyssa didn’t say anything.

“Could you help to make my father live longer?” Yoonhee asked.

Alyssa bent forward with her hand on Yoonhee’s head. “Yoonhee-ah, all I can say that I will try my best but you have to know that promises should only be made when they can be kept. Do you understand?”

The girl stared at Alyssa for seconds before she finally nodded her head.

Just then Alyssa’s phone rang. “Yes? Alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter