Blood 07

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When both Alyssa and Hyunjoong were at the door of the operation theatre at the same time, Hyunjoong was shocked to see her there because he thought Alyssa would choose to face off with the vampires so as to find out who killed her mother instead of performing the surgery.

--Flashback--

“Freeze!” The police shouted, pointing their guns at Alyssa.

Very slowly, Alyssa raised her hands above her head.

The police inched forward cautiously with their guns still pointing at Alyssa.

Just when they were closer to Alyssa, she squatted down all of a sudden and swept her right leg across, making all the police fell to the ground. She knocked all the police out in a blink of eye and then she ran off from the scene after that.

--End of Flashback--

The two were staring intently at the door until Hyunjoong stepped out and gestured Alyssa in.

Alyssa bowed and made her way into the theatre. Jaejoong was staring at her but she ignored him completely. “We can start now.”

Hyunjoong went up to the observation gallery and watched the entire operation from there.

The operation was a success but there were several moments when the contact with blood affecting Alyssa in a way. She got a little woozy but she still managed to stabilize herself during the operation. Jaejoong noticed her slight wavering but he remained silent.

---

Alyssa went to visit the liver transplant patient and was glad that she was doing well with the new liver in her. The patient’s son thanked her the moment he saw her walking out of his mother’s ward. “Kamsa hamnida, Dr Chua! Kamsa hamnida!” The boy kept bowing at her.

Alyssa smiled and patted the boy’s head. “This is what a doctor should do right?”

The boy smiled.

“Go accompany your omma and stay strong.”

The boy nodded and went into the ICU ward.

Alyssa walked out of the ward and saw Hyunjoong waiting for her outside. “I need to talk to you.”

“We can talk here.” Alyssa said calmly, knowing what he was going to talk to her about.

“You know how serious the surgery is. You should know that you are a doctor and patient is your responsibility.”

“I’m sorry. I had something personal to attend to and I assure you that it will not happen again.”

“I’ll let it go this time. I hope such thing won’t happen again.”

Alyssa just bowed and left the place.

Just when she thought she could have some peace on her own, Jaejoong came out and blocked her way.

“I’ve already explained to Director Kim. I don’t think I need to explain a second time.” Alyssa stared back at him.

“I am not asking you to explain but I am expecting you to at least apologize for putting the patient in danger.”

“I have already done it. The transplant is successful. It’s already an apology to the patient and her family.” With that Alyssa took a side step and walked away from Jaejoong.

---

“What exactly happened?” Hyunjoong asked while sitting on his leather couch, sipping his wine from his glass.

“She’s gotten stronger. It seems like the poison didn’t affect her in any way.” The vampire leader reported.

“In what way?” He questioned.

“Her strength and speed. It’s much stronger and faster than I’ve expected.”

“So you are saying that the poison made her even stronger?”

“Yes.”

“Seems like we have underestimated our opponent.” Hyunjoong smirked, staring at the night scenery of Seoul from his apartment’s window.

---

When Alyssa was back in her office, her phone started ringing. “Yes, Hannie?”

“Jie, daebak! Jinjja daebak!”

“What so daebak this time?” Alyssa asked, sitting down on her chair.

“The antibodies in you have become stronger and you are not affected by those toxic substances anymore. Basically there’s nothing that can kill you.” Luhan chirped happily on the other side of the line.

“What’s the point of becoming the strongest among the infected ones? It only means that it’s even harder for me to become human in future.”

Luhan went silent, not knowing what to reply his friend.

--Flashback--

“Mum, I can never become human anymore!” Little Alyssa cried. “I can never see the sun at dawn. My body temperature will stay at 25 degree Celsius. I have to take medication to control my urge for blood and I will rip everything apart when I feel agitated! I am literally a bloody-thirsty monster!”

“Hush hush! My dear! There will definitely be a cure to your illness. There are always many challenges in life and you have to overcome them in order to become a human.” Sherlynn comforted her daughter.

“Stop lying to me!” Alyssa pushed her mother away and ran out of her room.

--End of Flashback--

---

The next morning Jaejoong was getting ready for work when a news report on TV caught his attention. The broadcaster was reporting about a police attack yesterday night and the CCTV in that area captured the entire attack that night. The video clip was shown and the attacker in the video caught Jaejoong’s eyes.

He studied the back profile of the attacked and found the attacker extremely familiar.

On the other hand, Alyssa and Luhan were having breakfast at the table and watching the morning news on Alpha 5’s screen. “Wah, jie! You have indeed become stronger!” Luhan beamed happily, imitating Alyssa’s .

“Not funny.” Alyssa shot him a look, causing the latter to hide his smile. “Anyway… I want to know if the medication that I have been taking is the highest dosage?”

“Yes, it is. Why are you asking that?” Luhan blinked innocently at her.

“Nothing. It’s because there are more and more surgeries coming up recently.” Alyssa lied but she hid the fact that the medicine wasn’t of much effect to her lately.

---

“This meeting is to announce about the surgery team that will be assigned to Section 21. Dr Chua and team will be the assigned team for Section 21.” Ilkook announced.

“What?” Jaejoong straightened his back and sat forward with a shocked look. “Our regular workload is more than enough to keep us busy.”

“In this case, all of you will be excluded except Dr Chua, who has already agreed to this additional altruistic task.” Hyunjoong smiled and immediately, the faces of the other doctors changed.

“Hmmm… I don’t see any problem for me to take up this task though. I should be able to manage this additional task well.” Junjin added.

Jaejoong shot Junjin a disgusted look for being a swaying coconut tree.

“So I as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter