Blood 05

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Alyssa stopped by the hospital’s security department and requested to check on the CCTV footage of her office, but the person-in-charge told her that she has to get the permission from the hospital director before they could release the CCTV footage to her.

“Seriously?” Alyssa raised her voice.

“I’m sorry. I can’t go against the company’s protocol, Dr Chua.”

“Right. Company’s protocol.” Alyssa said sarcastically and left the security department, mentally telling herself to keep an eye on the entire department since they were the ones who possessed the keys to all offices within the hospital.

---

In the hospital lounge, the other doctors were discussing about the mishap during the surgery that Alyssa was in-charge of. “I couldn’t believe that she actually leave the operation theatre just like that.” Junjin said. “What if the patient were to go into a shock and die? It would get us into the headline of the newspaper. Is she mad or something?”

“But I think I saw that psychopathic look in her eyes during the surgery.” Jaejoong added. “And the worse thing is… She didn’t even freaking apologize too! It’s ridiculous!”

Just then the door opened and Alyssa was standing there, looking at them. “If you have time to gossip about me, why don’t you go do your round?”

“We…” Jaejoong wanted to rebuke but he didn’t know what to shoot back.

Alyssa shot Jaejoong a look and rolled her eyes before walking away from the lounge.

“Seriously? Shouldn’t she show some respect to us?” Junjin said.

“Ahem!” Jaejoong coughed.

“Oh! She doesn’t need to show respect to us but at least she should show some respect to Jaejoong. He’s the future chairman of this hospital.” Junjin added.

“If I were to be the chairman and that woman were still here, I would definitely kick her out of the hospital.” Jaejoong smirked.

---

“How is my result, Dr Chua?” A man asked Alyssa who was seated in front of him and his wife, reading a report.

“You only have three months left, Mr Lee.” Alyssa said with a straight face.

“Dr Chua, please help my husband. I’m sure the hospital is able to help him.” The man’s wife pled.

“Yes, Dr Chua. I can stay in hospital for treatment.” Mr Lee said.

“I won’t advise that because hospitalization won’t be able to help much. You should know there’s no cure in your illness, Mr Lee.”

“Please, Dr Chua. We came all the way to seek your advice and treatment. Can’t you do something to help my husband?”

“Yes, Dr Chua. I know that there’s no cure to my illness but what I am asking for is for another six months. Please, Dr Chua. I beg you…”

Alyssa let out a sigh and closed the file on the table. “Alright. You will be admitted to the hospital and I will run some tests for you to see if there’s any other treatment for your illness.”

“Kamsa hamnida! Kamsa hamnida!”

Jaejoong was walking past the consultation room when he bumped into the wife of the patient that Alyssa just seen and he overheard her conversation with one of the nurses. “Is she always like that?”

“What do you mean, Mrs Lee?”

“Is she always so straightforward and cold?”

“Uhhh…” The nurse paused. “Maybe she’s still new to this environment.”

“But she should be more considerate to the feeling of the patient’s family. Does she have to be so straightforward? She should learn how to be more sympathetic.”

Jaejoong smirked upon hearing the comment and made his way towards the woman. “Madam, I heard that you have some comments with our doctors here.”

“Oh no! Don’t get me wrong! I wasn’t really…”

“Don’t worry, madam. I’m not targeting you in any way but it’s just a little suggestion from me. If you have any complaints with our doctors, you can always go to our marketing and communication department to lodge a complaint against that particular doctor.” Jaejoong flashed his friendliest smile at the woman.

“Yes, Mrs Lee. Maybe you should listen to him.” It was Alyssa and she came out of the consultation room with the patient.

“Mrs Lee, this way please. We need to do the paperwork for Mr Lee’s admission.” The nurse said, breaking the awkwardness in the air.

Alyssa shot Jaejoong a smirk before turning back to her patient. “Mr Lee, the nurses will bring you to your ward. I’ll drop by later and advise you about the test that you will be going through.”

“Thank you, Dr Chua.” The man flashed a weak smile and bowed at her before she left the place.

---

“The Free Clinic will be starting tomorrow. Is everything ready?” Chairman Kim asked.

“The rooms and facilities are ready and we have already selected 50 patients for tomorrow’s opening.” Ilkook reported.

“Good. What about the drug research team?”

“Director Wu had already selected the team himself but he provided no information on his team at all. Chairman, do you think it’s a good idea?” Ilkook asked.

“It’s fine.” Chairman Kim said.

When Chairman Kim wanted to get his tea from the coffee table, he dropped the cup onto the carpet because of the acute pain at his arm.

“Chairman, are you okay?”

Chairman Kim waved him off, saying. “I’m fine. I guess it’s just muscle ache.”

“Are you sure?”

Chairman Kim nodded. “Ilkook-ah, thanks for the help so far.”

“That’s what I should do, Chairman. I think I should take my leave now.” Ilkook bowed at the older man and left the room.

The moment Ilkook left the room, Chairman Kim reached for the pill in his pocket with his shaking hands.

---

It was the day for the opening of the Free Clinic, many doctors and nurses were busy preparing for this event but of course, there were still some of them who weren’t very enthusiastic about this. “Why is SNUH inviting so many beggars here for free treatment?” Tiffany asked.

“Yah! Better watch what you say. A patient is a patient. We have to see all of them equally.” Taeyeon scolded.

“It’s a meaningful event.” Yifan added.

“That’s because you are a newbie here!” Tiffany said, rolling her eyes.

“Welcome to Seoul National University Hospital.” All the doctors and nurses straightened their backs when they heard Hyunjoong’s voice. He came in with the chairman, a team of doctors and the group of selected patients.

The patients were gasping in astonishment as they entered into the national hospital in Seoul. “Wah! Didn’t expect to get a chance to stay in our world-class national hospital.”

“The nurses here will bring all of you to your respective wards.” Hyunjoong told the selected patients and then he smiled at Taeyeon who got the hint and led the patients away.

And then Hyunjoong turned to face the group, introducing the team of people behind him. “I would like to introduce the doctor-in-charge for the drug development team. This is Victoria Song. She will be the manager of this new drug development team.”

Alyssa frowned when she saw the new female doctor. She wasn’t sure why but she knew there was something weird about this doctor.

“I hope everyone can work happily with one another.” Hyunjoong smiled. “This will be beneficial to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter