Blood 19

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In her vampiric mode, Alyssa charged forward to attacked the two infected who were holding Luhan down. The third one tried to escape with the thumb drive. Luhan fired his stun gun but missed. Alpha 5 flashed the ultraviolet light at the third intruder, distracting him in time to give Luhan a second chance to fire his shot successfully.

When the third intruder fell to the floor with a loud thud, Luhan tossed a syringe at Alyssa and the latter successfully subdued the last intruder.

Just then Alyssa’s phone was ringing. It was Yif. “Yes, Yifan?” She answered.

“Dr Chua, I forget the dosage that has to be given to the patient at Ward 74 Bed 2.”

“Jie, what should we...” Alyssa held her finger on her lips to tell Luhan to stop talking.

Yifan heaved a sigh of relief at the other end of the call.

Alyssa told him the dosage to be given to the patient and hung up after that.

“Jie, how did you know that I was in danger?”

“I received a message from a private number that you’re in danger so I rushed back as soon as possible.”

“Are you thinking what I am thinking?” Luhan asked, looking at Alyssa.

“I know what you mean and I suspect the same thing too.”

Twenty minutes later, Jaejoong came back to see two bodies in the house. “What just happened?” He asked, putting the bags of groceries down. “Are they the infecteds?”

“Yes.” Alyssa replied.

“They came to steal the data and one of them got away.”

“What? Does that mean that director get the data about VTH-01?” Jaejoong asked with widened eyes.

Luhan sniggered. “Nope. They had stolen the fake file. I have already stored the research data in another place just in case those bad guys decided to hunt us down for it.”

Alyssa fished out her phone and called Hyunjoong.

“Yes, Alyssa?” Hyunjoong answered.

“Director Kim, have you gotten what you wanted?”

“My my! My dear, you seem to know everything about me.”

“You think so?” Alyssa chuckled. “I don’t think I know everything about you since you are a killing monster. Killing people is always in your blood.”

“Alyssa, it seems like you fail to realize the most important thing here.”

“Please enlighten me, director.”

“You do know that I can get rid of those who mean the most to you. Don’t you? Kim Jaejoong is still safe because of the chairman but this is not going to take effect anymore.”

“So you are challenging me now?”

“Of course not. I’m just reminding you that’s all.”

“If anything were to happen to him, I would make sure you would see the daybreak with your bare eyes.” With that Alyssa hung up her phone.

“Is he using me to threaten you?” Jaejoong asked.

Alyssa kept quiet.

“Damn him!” Luhan cursed.

“I am not afraid of him so you better don’t abide to whatever he told you. You understand?” Jaejoong said, placing his hands on Alyssa’s shoulders.

Alyssa nodded. “But no matter what, you still have to be extra cautious. From tomorrow onwards, you just stick to your regular hospital duties.”

“Don’t worry! Earlier this year, I went to a fortune-teller with Junsu and the fortune-teller told me I will live a long life and will get married within this year.” Jaejoong wiggled his eyebrows at Alyssa, earning a punch from her but he caught it and pulled her towards him, kissing her on the lips.

“Uhhhh… Hyung, I’m still here.” Luhan said, covering his eyes with his hand.

---

Yifan’s suspicions about Changmin grew. He did a little research on Changmin and was surprised to see his true identity.

Changmin was actually a biochemist with dark record. There was an old headline talking about him: The Killer of the Century Who showed No Remorse.

Yifan stared at the picture of the familiar person on screen. “Dr Doom…”

---

The next day Alyssa arrived at her office when she received an email from Hyunjoong. It contained a video of Taemin in his ward. Alyssa frowned the moment she realized the boy was infected by the virus.

Just then the door was open and a smiling Hyunjoong entered into the room. “Got the present I just given you this morning?”

Alyssa just stared back at him, not replying him.

“Let me give you another present. I will be releasing all the patients from Section 21 soon.”

“Why?”

“Because I can’t remove the side effects and hence I don’t see any point to continue with the research anymore. Anyway those patients in Section 21 are just guinea pigs to me. Since I don’t get the result I wanted, I am always ready to dispose them like rubbish.”

“Then should I continue your research for you with my vaccine?” Alyssa asked.

 “You can always try if you want to help those patients.” Hyunjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter