Blood 04

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, mistress A.” Alpha 5 greeted Alyssa. “Mistress, you…” The robot started talking about a laundry list of statistics and Alyssa stopped on her track, shooting her death glare at Luhan. “Can you just shut this thing off?”

“Have a nice day, mistress!” Alpha 5 chirped.

Alyssa facepalmed herself, shaking her head.

“Hahaha! Jie, here! Your medication.” Luhan handed the silvery box to her. “These are enhanced dosages. They can assist you with the increase number in surgeries.”

“Thanks, Hannie!” Alyssa ruffled and messed up the latter’s morning styled hair.

“Hey jie! Stop messing my hair! I spent 30 minutes styling them and you ruined them in 3 seconds!” Luhan whined.

“Hahaha! That’s a little revenge for creating this noisy piece of metal!” Alyssa pointed at Alpha 5 and left the house for work.

---

When Alyssa arrived at the hospital, she saw a huge welcome banner for Kim Hyunjoong, the new director of the hospital, hanging across the main entrance. She ignored all the whispering voices that were discussing about this young hospital director and made her way straight to her office. The moment when she logged into her computer, a reminder memo popped up, telling her about an interview for resident doctor for hospital. She changed into her white robe and grabbed the folder on her desk, leaving her office.

Sitting in the conference room with Jaejoong, Eric Mun and Junjin, Junjin began interviewing the two candidates opposite them. “Very well, Mr Tony Shin! I can see that you speak English as well. Very good! Our hospital needs people like you.” Junjin told the first candidate.

“Thank you, sir.” The first candidate acknowledged with a smile.

“Now, Mr Kris Wu. Could you tell us why do you want to come to our hospital? Your grades, and your resume aren’t that glorious or fantastic at all.” Junjin said, causing Alyssa to frown at his directness.

“Professor Junjin, I understand my transcript and resume aren’t fantastic but the reason why I wanted to be a doctor was because of my deceased mother. My mother used to stay in SNUH for treatment of her illness and the hospital took really good care for her despite the fact that she’s already in her terminal stage. After witnessing all these, it just inspired me to become a doctor that could help people like my mother.”

The other three male doctors let out a sigh and Alyssa heard Junjin muttering something extremely softly to himself but she could hear it with ease. “This is a hospital not a charity organization.”

“Mr Wu, you can start today.” Alyssa spoke as she grabbed her holder and stood up from her seat, preparing to leave the room.

“Dr Chua, are you serious?” Junjin looked at her with a bizarre look.

“Never been so serious before. He will be under my department so I don’t see any problem here right?” Alyssa said and made her way out of the room.

Jaejoong frowned as he watched her leave the room. “What the hell is she thinking?” Junjin muttered angrily.

Kris caught up with Alyssa to thank her. “Kamsa hamnida, professor.”

“Don’t need to thank me. I chose you because you look like you don’t need much sleep.” With that she strode off.

“I will work hard, Professor!”

---

Alyssa arrived at the section where her assigned patients were and introduced herself at the nurses’ station. “Annyeong haseyo, Dr Chua. I’m Kim Taeyeon, head nurse of this Section 21.” One after another started introducing them.

Alyssa didn’t say much to them except, “Let’s hope we work well together.” And then she walked away to do her round.

“Seriously? That’s all she got?” Tiffany, one of the staff nurses, asked.

“She is the Ice Queen of SNUH.” Taeyeon replied. “I heard she is famous for being cold and insensitive towards patients and their families’ feelings.”

The staff nurses just stared at Alyssa’s back with unbelievable look.

---

While Alyssa was on her way back to her office, she heard an extremely high-pitched sound, causing her to be a little giddy. She followed the source of that sound and she came to the auditorium where almost all the staff had gathered for the speech of the new hospital director. Alyssa wasn’t paying any attention to the new director, she was searching for the source of the sound but the sound just went off before she could find it. She scanned the entire auditorium when her eyes met with the new director, Kim Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong gave her a smile and continued with his speech, exuding charisma and captivating all his audience with his confident speech. The inauguration ceremony ended and when Alyssa was about to leave the auditorium, Hyunjoong called her. “Dr Chua?”

Alyssa turned to see the tall man walking towards her. “Good to have you in this hospital.” Hyunjoong said with a smile.

Alyssa didn’t say anything and she just bowed at the latter before leaving the auditorium.

---

Several days later, Alyssa’s department was having a meeting with Hyunjoong on a new patient case. Hyunjoong began the meeting with his straight to the point opening. “This operation has to be done in the shortest time and with minimal blood loss.”

Junjin raised his hand but Hyunjoong smiled and waved his hand downwards at the older man. “Drr Junjin, thank you for volunteering yourself. I’ve already had a candidate in mind.” Hyunjoong smiled and turned to look at Alyssa.

“Director Kim.” Jaejoong called out. “I don’t…”

“I’ll do it.” Alyssa said. “I shall prepare for the necessary.” She stood up with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter