Blood 03

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“OH MY JIE! You are getting prettier and prettier! I didn’t expect…” Alyssa placed her palm on Luhan’s mouth to shut him up.

“You talk too much, my little brother.” Alyssa shot him a look.

“Okay.” Luhan picked up the luggage for her and started reporting to her on his finding. “The place where you found the bones was where the infected bodies been buried in secret for 200 years. The graveyard was discovered in 1977, three years before you were born. The date coincided with the time when your parents got infected. I think someone must have taken samples from those bones, hoping to find clues to create a cure for such virus and hence those information is on the site of the hospital.”

Alyssa didn’t say anything and then the pair drove off from the airport.

---

Seoul National University Hospital

It was another busy day at the hospital when a panicked understudy ran into an office, shouting. “Sunbae-nim!”

“Yah! Do you know that you should knock before you come into my office?” The man scolded. The nametag on the white robe showed Kim Jaejoong on it.

“Jesong hamnida! Sunbae-nim, the surgery has been rejected.” The understudy informed.

“What?” Jaejoong stood up and stormed out of his room.

The entire hospital was busy preparing for the arrival of the new hospital director, and also a famous surgeon who would arrive on the same day as the director. Jaejoong overheard two nurses discussing about this new surgeon. “Did you hear? Dr Alyssa Chua graduated from the Imperial College School of Medicine in London and she volunteered at Prague before.”

“Jinjja?”

“Ne! And I heard she is very pretty and young as well.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes when he heard all the comments about this new surgeon in this hospital. “Chinese?” He shook his head and continued his way until he bumped into a woman, causing her to drop her sunglasses.

“Watch where you are heading.” Jaejoong hissed. “And why are you even wearing sunglasses indoor?” Jaejoong smirked and mocked a salute at the lady before walking off.

The lady just shot him a look, picked her sunglasses and walked the opposite direction where the sign pointed towards the office area.

---

“Welcome onboard, Dr Chua.” The hospital’s associate director, Song Ilkook, greeted her.

“Thank you.”

“Alright. Your ID will be issued tomorrow but for today you will only have access to your own office. And ermmm… as for the list of things that you had requested, we will have them ready by tomorrow.” Ilkook said.

“Noted. Thank you, AD Song.”

“Come, let me show you to the conference room where there’s a discussion is going on at the moment.” Ilkook smiled and got up from his seat, gesturing Alyssa to the door.

An open discussion was going underway to review a patient’s case whose surgery has been rejected. The doctor was leading the discussion concerning his patient. There’s a disagreement between the doctors as to whether the treatment should be surgery or radiation. Alyssa and Ilkook slipped into the conference room and seated at the last row.

“No, I don’t agree.” The doctor spoke. Alyssa recognized that doctor. He was the one who bumped into her just now.

“Dr Kim, I think…”

Before the doctor could continue, Alyssa cut him off. “You can use the Lacil surgery.”

All eyes were on her. The speaker’s eyes went wide when he saw the woman that he had bumped into earlier this morning. Ilkook stood up and took the opportunity to introduce Alyssa to the rest. “I am pleased to introduce the new manager of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Team 1, Miss Alyssa Chua.”

Alyssa stood up and bowed at the entire room of doctors while the doctors were whispering themselves. “A young lady as the manager?” Alyssa heard one of them discussing with his colleague.

“I am not going to use Lacil surgery on my patient. He is my patient and he should be treated the way I want.” Jaejoong locked eyes with Alyssa and it seemed like a war was going to explode anytime from now.

“Alright. Up to you.” Alyssa shrugged and left the room, leaving the whole room of stunned doctors.

---

Alyssa went straight to her room and placed the familiar silver pillbox inside before going for her rounds. While she was making her way to the ward, Alyssa met Jaejoong at the entrance of the surgery room. “Dr Chua.” Jaejoong called out.

“What?”

“I hope that you don’t interfere into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter