Blood 22

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why? Why did you kill Luhan?” Yifan stormed into Hyunjoong’s apartment.

“I didn’t kill him. It was Alyssa Chua who killed him! She kept the research all by herself. Treat it as a punishment for her.” Hyunjoong shrugged.

Yifan was clenching his fists tightly by his sides.

“You.” Hyunjoong pointed at Yifan. “You better finish the task that I had given you. If not, you will suffer the same fate as Luhan.”

---

Everyone was dressed in black and all of them were at the crematorium to send Luhan off. Yoona was crying by the side while Alyssa was staring blankly at the coffin.

Jiyong went up to her to comfort her.  “Don’t be too sad over Luhan’s death. Giving life back to the patients is what doctors do and Luhan is doing the right thing. Don’t blame yourself for his death. I’m sure he won’t want to see you being sad as well.”

“Thanks.”

“Don’t give up so easily. He shall be our motivation to find a cure as soon as possible.” Jiyong encouraged.

Alyssa smiled and leant down to the coffin, saying her last words to Luhan. “Luhan-ah, you should born as far away from me as possible in your next life. I don’t want us to meet by chance again. I hope you will be born in a good family who will give you all the love and care you need. Okay?”

Alyssa came back home with Luhan’s picture in her hands. Jaejoong and others had also came back with her.

Alpha 5 came up to Alyssa with a video playing on its screen. It was actually a birthday message from Luhan. “Hello, my beautiful jie! Errmmm… This is my first time recording a message for you… Actually I don’t know what to really tell you but you have the ‘bestest’ jie I ever had in my life.  Thank you for being there for me when I was at my lowest point in life and you are the one that have given me all the encouragement that I ever needed. Last but not least, happy birthday and may your life be filled with lots and lots of happy memories with Jaejoong hyung. I love you, my dearest jiejie…”

Yoona broke down at the end of the video.

Alyssa just stared blankly at the video until Jaejoong pulled her in for a hug.

---

Yifan was walking along the corridor when he bumped into Jaejoong. “How’s Dr Chua?” He asked.

“She’s fine.” Jaejoong replied, staring back at him.

Yifan nodded and he was about to leave when Jaejoong stopped him. “You know you shouldn’t work for him.”

Yifan stopped but he didn’t turn back to look at Jaejoong. “Stay by Dr Chua’s side,” was what Yifan told him before he left.

Jaejoong turned back and stared at Yifan’s diminishing back view, unsure about what Yifan was trying to tell him.

---

While Alyssa was at a surgery, Jaejoong was back at his own apartment, reading through his ‘100 Questions for Miss Vampire’ when two mysterious hooded men entered his house without him knowing.

“Dr Kim.” Yifan called out.

Jaejoong turned around and was surprised to see Yifan inside his apartment. But before he could even open his mouth to question Yifan, Kyuhyun came up from behind, knocking him out.

“Master, everything had been settled.” Kyuhyun reported via the phone.

“Where did you dump the body?” Hyunjoong asked on the other side of the line.

“At the reservoir.”

“Where is Yifan?”

“He’s with me but he is still recovering from the shock since this is his first time killing someone.”

“Okay. Now send the picture to Alyssa Chua.” Hyunjoong smirked and hung up the call.

By the time Alyssa came out from the surgery, it was already past midnight. She was about to head back to her office after getting changed when she received a message with a picture of Jaejoong being tied and blindfolded.

“Damn it!” She cursed and ran off after the call.

Moments later, she showed up at Hyunjoong’s apartment, demanding for Jaejoong’s location. “Where is Jaejoong?”

“Don’t worry. Your lover is still alive.”

“Release him!”

“I will but you must fulfill you had promised to do and speed up the research to remove the side effects before I can tell you his location.”

Alyssa clenched her fists to stop herself from attacking him and stormed out of his apartment, while Hyunjoong watched her leave with a strange smile hanging on his face.

Back in Jaejoong’s apartment, Seunghyun untied Jaejoong from the rope and sat back on the couch with Kyuhyun beside him.

“Has he believed whatever you had told him?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes, I think so.” Kyuhyun nodded.

“Why did you guys choose to betray the director?”

“We trusted him so unconditionally to the extent that it makes us blind. In the end, we just follow our feelings.” Yifan said.

After leaving Hyunjoong’s house, Alyssa received a message from Jaejoong and knowing that everything was acting according to their plan, she set off to Jiyong’s lab.

“How is it?” Alyssa asked, entering Jiyong’s lab.

“Your blood has an unique feature that can prevent VTH-01 antibody from killing all the cells. Luhan had isolated this enzyme and named it J-01 but…” Jiyong paused.

“But what?”

“Are you sure you really want to hear it?”

“Just say it.”

“Okay. This enzyme is only released after the infected dies and when it is mixed with VTH-01, it will succeed in returning the infected back to human because only the infected cells from VAM-01 will die.”

“Okay. And then?”

“Your blood is the only blood that can create this new antibody.”

“So I have to die in order to create this antibody…”

On the other hand, Changmin was also reporting his finding to Hyunjoong about the data they had gotten from Luhan.

“So Alyssa Chua must die huh?”

“Yes. Once you mix J-01 with VTH-01, it will create the new antibody and this will be the cure to VAM-01.”

“Well done. Good to know this. It has been nice knowing you.” Hyunjoong patted Changmin’s shoulder with an evil smile on his face when the lift door opened, revealed Kyuhyun and Yifan in the lift with their hands in black gloves. “He’s all yours.” Hyunjoong sang and made his way into the lift, leaving the three behind.

---

“Dr Kwon, I want you to prove this theory to me.” Alyssa told Jiyong.

“No way! No more people should die from all these s!” Jiyong retorted.

“Don’t see it that way! It will make Luhan’s death more worthwhile.”

“Then how are you going to tell this to Dr Kim?”

“I’ll tell him what I need to tell.”

That same night Alyssa went to Jaejoong’s home and found him sitting at the couch, reading.

“You’re back!” Jaejoong beamed when he saw his girlfriend coming back.

“I have something to tell you.” Alyssa said, sitting down next to him.

“What is it?”

Alyssa began telling him about Jiyong’s finding about Luhan’s research and also her decision when the latter slammed the table to stop her from talking. “Enough! Do you still see me as your boyfriend? Why do you make this decision without even consulting me?”

“Jae, calm down…”

“How the can I calm down with this that you are telling me? I don’t have any kin now! You are the only person that cares for me now. If you were gone, what am I suppose to do…”

Alyssa cut him off with a kiss. The couple was kissing for several minutes before Alyssa broke the kiss and leant in to hug him. “Please understand and forgive me.”

“I don’t understand and I won’t forgive you, Alyssa Chua! You are going to freaking stay by my side!”

Alyssa just kept quiet and Jaejoong’s heart sank because he knew she had already made up her mind and there’s nothing he could stop her anymore.

---

The next day Hyunjoong was working in his office when the police entered his office. “Mr Kim Hyunjoong, you are being charged for attempting to murder Mr Kim Jaejoong.”

“Attempting to murder?” Hyunjoong frowned.

“You have to come back with us for investigation.” The inspector said, moving forward to handcuff Hyunjoong. With a smirk on his face, Hyunjoong wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter