Blood 17

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Alyssa entered into Jaejoong’s bedroom when the man was preparing to go to work. “Why? Miss me after not seeing me for the past six hours?” Jaejoong joked, hugging his girlfriend.

“The hospital just called…”

“I understand. Let’s go.”

Staffs and family gathered around Sister Sylvia’s bed. Chairman Kim was standing by Jaejoong’s side when Jaejoong was holding Sister Sylvia’s hand. “Sister Sylvia, can you stay a little longer?”

“Jaejoong-ah, when it’s time to let her go, you should let her go.” Chairman Kim said, giving his son a pat on the shoulder.

He gave Sister Sylvia one last kiss on the forehead before he released her hand.

“Sister Sylvia, it’s okay now. I can take care of myself now. I am a man now and I can take care of people around me so you don’t have to worry. I will go visit the orphans at the orphanage every week.”

A moment later, a long beep sounded. Sister Sylvia had passed away. Everyone in the room bowed their heads silently before leaving the ward. Only Jaejoong and Alyssa were left in the room. Once everyone was gone, Alyssa went up to hug Jaejoong when the latter broke down and cried in her embrace.

---

Back at home, Alyssa and Jaejoong were in the study room when Alyssa brought out the Magical Forest colouring book and colour pencils for Jaejoong.

“What are these for?”

“For you to colour your stress and sorrow away.”

“Seriously? You do such thing?”

“Yes, but of course when Luhan isn’t around.”

“Why?”

“Because if he were to see me doing this, he would make fun of me.”

“Hahaha! Why will you want to do this?”

“Because it relieves and stabilizes my mind.”

Jaejoong flipped through the book and noticed one of the pages looked just like the woods in Phuket. “This looks like the wood where we met.”

Alyssa smiled and pushed the colour pencils to him. “Let’s colour it together.”

“Okay.” Jaejoong smiled and began colouring.

Just then Alyssa sensed a vampiric presence, she stopped whatever she was doing and got up from the couch.

“Babe, what is it?”

“I just remembered that I need to get something from a friend. I’ll be back soon.”

“Do you need me to go with you?”

“It’s okay. I’ll be back really fast. Continue colouring. I’ll come back to check on your progress.” She smiled.

“Yes, Teacher Chua.”

---

Hyunjoong was enjoying his glass of red wine in his apartment when the doorbell rang.

He went up to the intercom and saw Alyssa on the screen. He smiled and pressed the button to let her in.

When the elevator opened, Minho got thrown out and Alyssa was standing behind him with a smirk on her face. “This man was loitering outside my house so I brought him here. This is the infected one who is after the two of us but not to worry now. I have caught him and I shall hand him to you so that you can deal with him.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Kill him.” She said coolly. Obviously she was trying to test Hyunjoong out, if he let Minho live, it would mean he and Minho were connected. “Send me a picture of the dead vampire as proof. Okay? Goodbye, director.” Alyssa mocked a salute at him and left his apartment.

---

By the time Alyssa reached home, she found Jaejoong sleeping on the couch in the living room. She walked over to wake him up. “Why are you sleeping on the couch?”

“Hmmm?” Jaejoong sat up with his eyes half-open. “Why are you so late?”

“I bumped into an old friend so we went to a café to have a short catch-up session.” She lied.

“Hmmm…” Jaejoong nodded, rubbing his eyes like a little boy.

Alyssa smiled at the sight and patted his head. “Go back to sleep.”

“I want you to pat me to sleep.”

Alyssa frowned at his odd request. “No! You are not a kid anymore!”

“Please…” Jaejoong held her hand and whined like a little boy.

“Fine.”

Jaejoong smiled and pulled her into his room.

Lying on her laps, Jaejoong was staring at his girlfriend’s face like he had never seen her before.

“Is there something on my face?”

Jaejoong shook his head with a smile. “I am just admiring my beautiful girlfriend.”

“Pssshh!” Alyssa rolled her eyes. “Go to sleep, mister!”

“Sing me a lullaby.”

“You are demanding, sir.”

“Please…” Jaejoong flashed his pitiful puppy’s eyes at her.

“Fine.” Alyssa began singing and patting him.

Jaejoong smiled and closed his eyes, drifting off to his dreamland slowly.

---

“I have something to announce.” Alyssa said while they were having breakfast at the table.

“What is it, jie? Did Jaejoong hyung propose to you?” Luhan sniggered.

“I have decided to do something before I leave the hospital.”

“What is it?” The two men asked at the same time.

“I’m going to draw blood samples from Section 21.”

“I’m going with you!” Jaejoong said.

Alyssa nodded because she knew there’s no way she could stop him from doing this with her so she could only keep him by her side to protect him from Hyunjoong.

At the hospital, Jaejoong and Alyssa entered Section 21 confidently to draw blood samples. They drew blood from Taemin, Suzy and another lung cancer patient.

When Alyssa and Jaejoong were about to leave the ward, Yifan was at the door watching them. “Dr Chua…”

“Leave this place. This has nothing to do with you.” Alyssa said.

“I’m fine and I’ll stay.”

Just as they were about to leave Section 21, the security guards rumbled down the hall to stop them. “Stop right there! Hand over the blood sample now, Dr Chua!” The security head said while the others formed a blockade to stop them from leaving.

Alyssa chuckled. “On the count of five! If you don’t let us pass, you will be looking at the ceiling in pain.”

The security charged forward and Alyssa went into action. Jaejoong and Yifan watched Alyssa fought the security in awe. Jaejoong’s mouth dropped open when he witnessed how she took down ten men in the shortest time. “Let’s go.” Alyssa said, snapping him out of his trance.

Jaejoong looked down to see all the security

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter