Blood 12

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After breakfast, Alyssa drove Jaejoong to work together. “Seriously, when did you know that I was the boy you saved that time?” Jaejoong asked.

“When we were at Phuket.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me? You make me look like a fool.”

Alyssa shrugged. “I didn’t expect that little boy to become such a snobbish man.”

“Yah! Am not snobbish!” Jaejoong retorted, folding his arms before his chest.

“Whatever.” Alyssa chuckled and then a message was delivered to her phone with a beep.

Alyssa took a glance and saw Luhan’s message to her. “Jie, check your email when you reaches office.”

“What’s up?” Jaejoong asked.

“Nothing.”

Once they reached the hospital, Alyssa went straight up to her office to check her email that Luhan had sent. It was actually extracted from the hospital database and she was stunned at the findings in the email. Kwon Jiyong was actually the son of Kwon Sangwoo and this wasn’t the shocking one.

It was the picture at the bottom that shocked Alyssa – the picture of Hyunjoong, Dr Kwon Sangwoo and her parents.

---

Chairman Kim came out of his office when he ran into Jaejoong. “Appa, why did you remove the meeting system? Is the director behind all this?”

“Enough! You should focus on your own duties and not get involved in other business! I am not silencing voices but I just want to minimize wasteful disputes. This is why I choose to remove the meeting system.”

Jaejoong noticed his left hand was trembling at his side. “Appa, are you okay? Why is your hand trembling?”

“I’m fine.” Chairman Kim walked away brusquely.

Jaejoong stared at his adopted father’s diminishing backview and frowned.

---

Alyssa stormed her way down the hall to Hyunjoong’s office but when she opened the door without knocking, she found him with the chairman. “Chairman…” Alyssa bowed at the older man. “I’ll come back later.” And then she left Hyunjoong’s office.

“Did Dr Chua come to ask about the removal of open conference policy?” Chairman Kim turned to look at Hyunjoong.

“I guess so.” Hyunjoong smiled but in his heart, he knew the real reason why Alyssa was here.

Right after Alyssa shut the door behind her, her phone started ringing. It was Luhan. “What is it?” She asked as she picked up the call.

“Jie, where are you?”

“Why? I’m outside the director’s office.” Alyssa said, walking away from Hyunjoong’s office. “I wanted to confront him about the picture.”

“Jie, you have to calm down. You have to unveil this slowly and you have to be cautious of the director. And I think Dr Kwon doesn’t know about the connection between his father and the director too.”

“If he were to see that picture, he would be extremely shocked to see the director hasn’t aged a single bit ever since that time.”

“Jie, I think you should keep the existence of the infected ones from Dr Kwon first. You may want to discuss with Dr Kwon about the relationship between your parents and his father. Try to find out whether he knows anything about that.”

“Alright. I know what to do.” With that Alyssa hung up the call and made her way towards Jiyong’s office.

---

“Knock knock!”

“Come in.”

“Dr Kwon.” Alyssa greeted the man and walked up to his desk.

“Dr Chua? Did you find something new about Section 21?”

“No. I came to ask if you have seen this before.” Alyssa said, placing the picture of Jiyong’s father with her parents on his table.

Jiyong frowned as he looked down at the picture. “No. Where did you get this picture from?”

“From an online report. Do you know the man and woman next to your father?”

Jiyong shook his head. “I don’t know. I guess they probably worked on the infectious disease research with my father.”

“Then do you know Edmund Chua and Sherlynn Wong by chance?”

“I’ve seen these names written in my father’s journal before. Why are you asking me this?”

“They are my parents.”

Jiyong’s eyes went wide.

“I have a request.” Alyssa spoke.

“What is it?”

“Are you able to share your father’s journal with me?”

Jiyong stayed silent for a moment before he replied Alyssa. “Dr Chua, I need time to think about it.”

“Alright. I shall take my leave now.” Alyssa bowed and left his office.

---

After meeting Jaejoong at the hallway, Chairman made his way to Section 21 where Hyunjoong and Victoria were there, waiting for him. “Chairman.”

“Let’s go.” Chairman Kim said.

Hyunjoong nodded his head and gestured him to one of the observation ward to observe the treatment of a patient.

“The patient is suffering from a disease that affects his nervous system and he has been treated with our experimental drugs from the New Drug Research Department. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter