Blood 21

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chairman was fading fast and called Jaejoong to his bedside.

“Abeoji…” Jaejoong called his father, holding his hand.

“Appa is leaving this world soon…”

“No… No… Abeoji, you are not going to leave.”

Chairman Kim shook his head slowly with a weak smile on his face. “I…know my time is up soon… I just want to tell you… the best decision I had ever made is to adopt you from the orphanage… Your umma and I have always been very happy to raise you as our son…”

“Abeoji…”

Alyssa was standing outside the door and she heard the conversation inside. A tear rolled down her face when she heard Jaejoong’s cry.

---

Jaejoong was mourning for his father’s death alone in the morgue when Alyssa entered. “Jae, it’s time to go.”

Jaejoong just stood there, staring blankly at his father’s body.

Alyssa went up to hug him from behind. “Jae…”

Jaejoong turned around to hug her back. “I don’t know what should I do now. Babe, can you tell me?”

“Just cry it out, you will feel better.”

Soft sobbing sound was heard several seconds later.

Alyssa then patted his back, humming a lullaby that her mother used to sing to her.

Alyssa joined Jaejoong in the chapel, sitting next to him.

“I hope abeoji get to meet umma and Sister Sylvia in heaven.” Jaejoong said, holding Alyssa’s hand with his.

“They will.”

Jaejoong smiled and leant in to kiss Alyssa on the head.

---

“You will kill him tonight.” Hyunjoong told Yifan.

“But the funeral service is today, seosaeng-nim.” Yifan replied.

“So? Kyuhyun will be coming with you.”

“I can do it alone.”

“I say he is going with you. Don’t even try to defy my order.”

“Yes, seosaeng-nim.” Yifan bowed and left his office, making his way to the emergency exit.

When he reached the emergency exit, Yifan took out his phone and started texting. “Dr Kim is in danger…” He paused and erased it after that.

He put his phone back into his pocket and walked out of the emergency exit like nothing happened.

“Dr Chua.” He greeted when he saw Alyssa at the hallway to Section 21.

“Yes?”

“Errr… How is Dr Kim?” He asked.

“He’s doing fine.” She said.

“I see. Send my regards to him and…”

“And what?”

“Try to stay by his side since he looks like he is having a hard time.”

Alyssa nodded. “Don’t worry. I will.”

Yifan bowed. “I’ll go back to my work then. See you around.”

“See you around.”

“What should we do now? Section 21 patients are experiencing the infected symptoms.” Yoona reported to the group.

“Atisan can’t keep up with the deteriorating side effects.” Jiyong said. “We need to think of other ways.”

“Use my blood.” Alyssa said.

“What?” The other three doctors spoke at the same time.

“It may help in your research.” Alyssa said as she rolled up her sleeves.

“I’m going back to my house tonight.” Jaejoong said.

“I’m coming with you.”

“I will be fine.” Jaejoong smiled.

Just then Alyssa’s phone rang, and she frowned before answering it. “Hello… Alright… I’m coming.”

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked.

“I have an emergency surgery to attend to.”

“Just go ahead. Patient is more important. Trust me. I will be fine.”

“Alright. Text me before you go to sleep and when you wake up. Okay?”

“Yes, madam!” Jaejoong kissed her on the head and left the hospital.

Yifan was going to the staff lounge to get a drink when he was surprised to see Alyssa resting inside. “Dr Chua?”

“Huh?” Alyssa opened her eyes to see a stunned Yifan staring at her.

“I thought you had already gone home?”

“I have an emergency surgery to attend.”

“Oh, I see. I’ll take my leave now.” Yifan bowed and left the lounge hurriedly. After that he took out his phone and started texting Jaejoong. “Get out of the house now and run!”

Yifan and Kyuhyun arrived at Jaejoong’s apartment. “I can do it on my own.” Yifan said.

“Alright. I’ll stay in the car. Do it as soon as possible.”

Yifan nodded and got out of the car. He arrived at the level and was surprised to see the door unlocked. He entered discreetly and headed into Jaejoong’s bedroom to see him sleeping on the bed.

He stood silently by the side of Jaejoong’s bed for quite some moments but he just couldn’t bring himself to kill the man. As he stepped back into the living room, he was shocked to see Hyunjoong sitting on the couch. “Seosaeng-nim…”

“I knew you wouldn’t be able to do it.” Hyunjoong said, holding up Jaejoong’s phone in his hand.

Yifan and Kyuhyun were standing Hyunjoong in is apartment.

“Explain why.” Hyunjoong began.

“I don’t see the need to kill Luhan and Kim Jaejoong.” Yifan retorted.

“Do you not know that the two of you won’t be standing here without me?” Hyunjoong shouted, walking towards Yifan with his eyes flashed red and his veins bulging. “You supposed to keep an eyes on Alyssa Chua and yet what are you now? You are helping her instead of me!”

“It’s not that! I still see you as my older brother and teacher! I respect you! It’s just that I think you should change.” Hyunjoong grabbed him by his neck.

“CHANGE! YOU ARE ASKING ME TO FREAKING CHANGE? IF YOU CAN’T ACCEPT ME, YOU CAN GET THE OUT OF HERE!”

Kyuhyun came forward to yank Hyunjoong’s hand away when Hyunjoong growled angrily at him. “I don’t want the two of you become my weakness! Do you not understand?”

“Hyung, you saved us once and that mean you have the heart!”

“SHUT UP! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW!” Hyunjoong shouted.

“Master.” Kyuhyun knelt down to the floor. “I’ll never leave you because that is the promise I’d made when you saved my life. I’m sure Yifan shares the same feeling too.”

Hyunjoong chuckled. “I might not need you anymore and I might just kill the two of you.”

The two gave one another a look, feeling shocked.

---

Alyssa rushed off to Jaejoong’s house immediately after t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter