Blood 01

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A jeep sped across a wide, barren field. It came to a stop at an abandoned church. A woman in a black trench coat, her face covered with a scarf, came out from the jeep and made her way towards the ruined church. She knelt at an old tombstone and wiped off the dirt, revealing the inscription on it.

“Do not seek death. Death will seek you out.”

And then she started digging.

Moments later the woman threw the shovel onto the ground, looking at the hole that she had just dug. There were many bones and skulls lying in the soils and there was something odd about the skulls, they all have long teeth – fangs.

The woman stood there staring at the pile of bones, sinking into deep thoughts…

---

“Dr. A!” Someone shouted. A man in white lab coat came running out from a building as soon as the jeep pulled away next to an ambulance.

“What is it?” The woman asked the moment she came out from the jeep.

“We have been ordered to pack up and get to the station at Nalchik.” The man told her.

“What about the little boy?” She asked.

The man shook his head. “They said we should leave him here. There’s no way for us to save him because the rebel army is coming towards this direction.”

“I will stay back to perform the surgery for him. You guys just pack up and leave as soon as possible.”

“No way! It’s too dangerous!”

The woman shook her head and smiled. “Don’t worry! The boy and I will be just fine.” She patted the man’s shoulder and made her way into the building.

“Good luck! Dr A!”

“Haaa!” She waved her hand with her back against him. “I don’t need any luck for such minor surgery.”

When she was inside the dilapidated building, she retrieved a round silver box and took a capsule from it, popping it into . Immediately her eyes shimmered grayish blue and she leapt over a barricade into the makeshift hospital.

Lying on the surgical table was a little boy. She went over to remove his clothes to assess the bullet wound and its damages, visualizing the procedures in her mind before she strode off to change into her surgical gown.

She stood before the surgical table with both gloved hands up. “Little boy, you will be just fine.” With that she began the surgery alone.

---

Outside, the heavily armed rebels arrived in black combat vehicles and they advanced into the building with caution.

While inside the hospital room, Dr A sewed up the little boy and flashed a beautiful eye smile. “Done, kiddo! Told you that you will be just fine right?”

Half a dozen of rebels made their way through the catacomb-liked tunnels. Just when the rebels thought that everyone was gone, Dr A came out from the room, rolling the boy on the operating table. “Stop right there!” One of the rebels shouted.

She slowly put her hands up and turned to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter