The Challenging Words

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week left and it was getting closer to the competition day. Soohyuk got no schedule after photo shoot and an interview for a web media. He was bored and immediately in his mind, he got an idea to call Yejin. He smirked, thought it would be fun teasing her again. He asked his phone from his stylist, opened his logs and called her.

Yejin was writing another chapter again for her book for next year. Her editor kept calling her back and forth to make something more exciting in the new chapter and her editor wasn’t satisfied yet. She sighed and confused what plot she should write. While tapping her fingers on the desk, her phone rang. As she saw it, it was from Soohyuk. She sighed. What does this man want?! She grunted.

“Hello,” she answered lazily. “You’re bothering me working. Please, hurry,” she said it, flat.

Soohyuk somewhat expected that she would answer like this. “I want to talk business to business. Do you have any time?” he asked first.

“What about it?” she confused. “I already explained the whole thing, is that not enough for you?” she complained. He chuckled. “Anyway, I’m hanging up,” she hung up quickly and he was flustered receiving that kind of attention from her. He sighed.

“I will go to the writer’s office after this. I’ll drop you anywhere you want,” Soohyuk said to his stylist and his stylist just nodded. He was thinking that Yejin needed to have a lesson.

Soohyuk and staff walked out from the building and straight to the office’s car. His stylist asked him to drop her in the office while she wanted to drop off the wardrobe they brought to the set. It took forty-five minutes to get to his office and his stylist put down all the wardrobe with the help from the security.

With his little visit to the office, he decided to change car so he could use his own car. “I’m off,” he said to the others and got in to his car immediately.

Hyeonmu was in the office, talking with Sooyoung about his next project while Sooyoung enthusiastically listened to him. “Oppa, you must be lucky meeting those handsome guys,” Sooyoung commented and started daydreaming again. Hyeonmu looked at her and just shook his head.

“Do you want to come? Accompany me?” he asked to her and she grinned widely, from his face he knew that she really wanted to come. “C’mon, Yejin could do thing by herself for a while. Since she’s just doing her job,” Hyeonmu said, then Sooyoung carefully turned to Yejin.

“You can follow him, Sooyoung-a,” Yejin coolly said. Since her indoor window was opened, she could hear what they were talking about and Hyeonmu invited Sooyoung with his logical reason and he was right. Yejin didn’t need Sooyoung in a meantime so she could follow Hyeonmu.

Sooyoung gasped and jumped happily. “Oh, thanks eonnie!” she said loudly. “I’m so happy! When do we start?” she asked Hyeonmu enthusiastically and they talked again.

Soohyuk already arrived in front of her office. He got off from his car, locked it, and walked to the upstairs casually. As he stood in front of the door, he knocked it rather than rang a bell. “Oh, who is it?” Sooyoung was curious.

Hyeonmu stood and went to the door. He was being careful if there came an uninvited guest. As he opened it, he was a bit surprised but bowed his head to Soohyuk. “Oh, hello,” he said. “Please, come in,” he let Soohyuk come in, but he didn’t tell Yejin about it yet.

Sooyoung widened her eyes as she saw Soohyuk and turned her head to see Yejin quickly. She hurriedly moved to him and greeted him. “Uh… hello,” she stuttered while Soohyuk just kept smiling. She didn’t know how to behave and just exchanged gazes with Hyeonmu.

Hyeonmu too didn’t know what he should do. He raised his shoulders. “Who is it, Sooyoung-a?” Yejin asked from her office and Soohyuk signed them to keep quiet, let him showed himself to her.

“It’s better if you guys go outside, I think,” Soohyuk lowly suggested them this and Hyeonmu agreed right away. He dragged Sooyoung’s hand and they went outside.

“Sooyoung-a!” Yejin called her again. “Where is this kid?” she began frustrated as Sooyoung didn’t even answer her. Then, Yejin acted like she didn’t care about it and continued her work.

“Hello,” a familiar bass voice was heard and she widened her eyes as she saw him stood in front of her by the door and he smiled friendly. “Do I disturb you?” he said.

She sighed. Didn’t believe what just happened. So this is the reason Sooyoung doesn’t answer anything, huh? “Where’s Hyeonmu?” she asked as she remembered that Hyeonmu didn’t respond either.

He smiled. “I told them to spend their time outside,” he said coolly and Yejin didn’t believe what she just heard. He came closer and sat down in front of her. “It will be uncomfortable for them if they hear us bickering like always,” he smirked.

Yejin stopped at all she did and slammed her desk, stood and glared at him. “Why don’t you stop bothering me?!” she said to him loud and he just chuckled.

He was calm. “If you reject me like this, I might always come to you,” he said with a joking tone but he was serious. “I told you, I’m gonna make you fall in love with me,” he reminded her and she was disgusted listening that kind of thing. “Just do your work,” he said. “Than just wasting your energy fighting me.”

What he said was right and her rage was going up. She couldn’t do anything then just let her anger out by stomping her right foot and sat down again. It was because he acted cockily and mentioning the ‘love’ thing again. So, she didn’t have any idea to write this time. She sighed and massaged her forehead.

“What happened?” he innocently asked.

She heaved a long breath. “Because of you I don’t have any ideas. I can’t work,” she coolly put the blame on him and he just smirked. “Because of your stupid sentence,” she complained once again.

Soohyuk smiled and raised his eyebrows. “My stupid sentence?”

“Yeah, the one that you said you’re gonna make me fall in love with you,” she said sharply, folded her arms. She pouted. “It’s just non-sense! You must be joking!”

“No, I’m not,” Soohyuk looked at her seriously and she glared at him. “I’m not,” he said it once again and Yejin just could sigh and looked back to her computer again. “I’m serious.”

“Yeah, whatever,” she responded.

Soohyuk sighed but he kept his cool. “Alright, let me see,” he stood up and moved beside her, reading the chapter she wrote. She was taken aback by his action and just staring at him confusedly. She saw him reading her story seriously. “Oh, I think it should be like this,” then he explained his idea and plot and she didn’t realize that she listened to him very well. “You get it?” he asked her and she slowly nodded. “Good,” he gave her smile and back to his seat.

Soohyuk stared around the room and mostly it was book. “Don’t you put your books at home?” he randomly asked.

“I do and I put here as well,” she said. “To be inspired,” Soohyuk nodded, understood then walked around the room to see the shelves, her collections. It was a various of genres and he was impressed with it.

He took one and just decided to see a little what was inside. Yejin took a slight peek to him who was then sitting with a book on his hands. “You like books?” she asked while focusing on typing, she didn’t know why she asked. The question just flowed naturally from .

“Well, I don’t know but I used to read a lot when I’m not too busy in the entertainment industry,” he lightly explained.

“That means you like to read,” she said. The typing sound was heard clearly, meaning that Yejin forgot what conversation they had earlier about the love thing and they j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter